Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep Australia Day, January 26.

+8
Nightjar
hiluxer
Redfin
granite2
Detectist
Idigem
Kon61gold
adrian ss
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Keep Australia Day, January 26. - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep Australia Day, January 26.

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:30 am

The Aboriginal population in Australia at the time of our arrival is a bit vague but would seem to be in the order of 1.25 mill, possibly more.
Australia has a land area of 7,692,000 sq km so that would on average equate to one aboriginal per every 6.1536 sq km.  
Off course most Aboriginals lived in family groups and also in large separate tribes that claimed large single tracts of land as their hunting grounds and that in turn left large areas of almost uninhabited land.

Also their were some tribes who for a while actually thought that they were the only people here and were surprised, when they travelled far beyond their usual hunting ground and encountered other people of similar appearance.

We are hunter gatherers also and thousands of years ago used to live in the same manner as the Aboriginals did but we learned how to make the land support large populations. The land is our life blood and without it we are all dead meat.

How much longer would the Black man have survived in this country if we had not arrived here??
Many were already on the brink of starvation out in the deserts.
The Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese were not far away in their oceanic explorations. The Blackman,s story may have been shorter lived if any of these races had set up house here......Just as we of British, Irish and Euro descent are being gradually ousted by the Asians, Africans and middle eastern races.

When we had our family DNA history tested I discovered that I have very strong British Irish and German and Scandinavian connections plus significant links to Native American, Iberian Peninsula with zero African links......So like I said we all came from somewhere else.

All Australian Aboriginals tested to date have their origins strongly linked to Africa and India

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Keep Australia Day, January 26. - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep Australia Day, January 26.

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:22 am

You forgot to mention in this land grab that how in the following decades how the population plummeted to around 60, 000 with estimates that 9 out of 10 lost their lives to sickness and the predatory practices that ensued for years.Rough count 150 massacre sites on the east coast alone.Do you really think that if you where born black in this country you would have lived the same life youve lived now.Surely you can be the that bloody ignorant.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 am

Yes many did die as the result of white man introduced diseases.
Aboriginal immune systems seemed to be very weak which is no fault of ours.
The Blackman in Australia appears to have been totally isolated from outside human contact for a great period of time and so he had no resistance to colds and flu and some other diseases. I believe leprosy was already here and likely came with the original inhabitants from India and the middle East.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 am

I'll say it again , do you believe that if you were born black in this country you would had lived the life youve lived now.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 am

Dig24crt wrote:You forgot to mention in this land grab that how in the following decades how the population plummeted to around 60, 000 with estimates that 9 out of 10 lost their lives to sickness and the predatory practices that ensued for years.Rough count 150 massacre sites on the east coast alone.Do you really think that if you where born black in this country you would have lived the same life youve lived now.Surely you can be the that bloody ignorant.

Then that would indicate that approx 122,000 out of an approximated population of 1.25 mill died of natural causes or inter tribal conflicts and the remainder after death from diseases died at the hands of the white man. Although I think that 9 out of 10 due to disease sounds a bit high because that would not leave many to be subjected to the massacres that the white man is being accused of.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 am

Dig24crt wrote:I'll say it again , do you believe that if you were born black in this country you would had lived the life youve lived now.

No I don't. I would have lived a crappy life unless I got off my butt and tried to fit in.....Like a good number of aborigines have done.
     I guess you could argue; Why should the aboriginal be forced to  "fit in' to the white honky life style?
I guess the answer is that they would not be forced to fit in but if they did then they would be a lot stronger today.

The majority of Aboriginal Australians today are predominantly white and have a fair life style with good jobs. It is the remaining few full bloods that are still struggling.

Look at how we lived when we first arrived. We lived in tents, bark and log huts with one or two rooms totalling the size of a garden shed. No fancy stuff like TVs, fridges, stoves and pretty sheets for a bed. We slept on dirt floors and owned /had sweet FA but we worked our butts off and created what we have today.

Anybody who spends a couple of years in a rat infested wooden sailing ship traversing the oceans is not the type of person to quit a task easily because the going gets a bit tough and so when said person gets to where they are going they will not back away from what they have set out to achieve.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 am

You still do get it that when a population is pushed to extremes , recovery is difficult

Last edited by Dig24crt on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 am

HAPPY Australia Day everyone

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

Adrian, enough's enough. You do not represent the Indigenous people of Australia, nor what they & their families had to endure, during the years that followed white colonisation. Past actions cannot be changed, but as a nation of people residing in Australia, regardless of race, colour or creed, is to acknowledge/learn from the actions/mistakes of our past & try to make a better future, for all generations to come.

Cheers Kon. Q11

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:46 am

Jen wrote:HAPPY Australia Day everyone

I'm with you Jen!
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY, 26th January - 1788...............2018

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am

Yeah Jen have a good one

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Hey Dig, everyone gets it that our ancestors gave the Aboriginal ancestors a hard time but that is no fault of later generations. I am never going to be sorry for what my ancestors did because I wasn't there. Same as the Aboriginal descendants of those who murdered one of my early ancestors, an unarmed shepherd, are not going to sorry for that act. And I would never expect them to express it. As for massacres, there were many on both sides, I could point out a great many times that Aboriginals slaughtered shipwrecked people, men women and children, many even before Cook and a great many who were not white.

The point is that these things, sad as they are, happened and nothing can make amends or make them right again. But later generations have made this wonderful land into what it is today and we are happy to share everything with the Aboriginals and to try and better their lot. But some,the political activists, want the lot, they want everything and are angry because they can't have it. And as one full blood Aboriginal once said to me "the whiter the Aboriginal the more trouble they cause on both sides.

But Australia day is for ALL Australians and should be a day to bring together every Australian to celebrate out great country and its great achievents. Happy Australia Day to everyone no matter where you came from or what colour you are.

Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi Jim
Its unfortunate that this day that supposed to be inclusive isnt.We seem to have this thing in this country that the least e ffected make decisions for the most effected.A good example is gay marriage. What right did straight people have to decide their future. Bloody ridiculous.
The date we celebrate on also marks the past.I suggest that the original owners descendants pick a date.Its no big loss to us , its not like we are trying to move Anzac day.
Cheer Dig
Happy wedding anniversary to you both

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrat Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 pm

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY 2018

Scrat
Scrat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Dig24crt wrote:You still do get it that when a population is pushed to extremes , recovery is difficult

Yes I do get it mate.
Look at what is happening to the original majority Irish and British immigrants to this country. We have almost been wiped out and are rapidly being replaced by Asian, Indian and African. our Christianity/culture  is being replaced by some fairly nasty types of religion.

Soon we will just be a short lived part of this countries history and then we will be forgotten, we will be nothing more than a Dream Time memory.
I wonder if that will be a good or bad thing for the few remaining full blood and mixed blood Australian aborigines??  I doubt it because those people moving in do not give a rats about original inhabitant land rights.

Like the saying goes.
Be careful what you wish for. It might just come back and bite you on the butt real hard.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:32 pm

So thats your problem, , we're not all white any more. Thankfully the majority of people in this country judge people by character.Not the colour of their skin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Dig24crt wrote:Hi Jim
Its unfortunate that this day that supposed to be inclusive isnt.

It appears that only a minority group doesn't want to be included.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 pm

I think pretty well all of us in Oz want "Australia Day". I've heard of extreme views expressed today that would cause concern but I do not believe there is any weight behind those views. I think it is the date that needs to be looked at not just for "inclusion" of Aboriginals but which reflects when we became a single nation.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Maybe just Friday or Mondayise it at the end of January would solve the debate.
Most probably only want an extra public holiday in summer before school goes back.
Just a thought. The meaning would be the same.
Be helpful to business too.
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:47 am

Gday. Hope you all had a great Australia Day. I did.
Regards big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 am

Dig24crt wrote:So thats your problem, , we're not all white any more. Thankfully the majority of people in this country judge people by character.Not the colour of their skin.

Fair go Dig.
You know that is not what I meant.
I like most Australians don't care what colour a person is, it is irrelevant.
It is cultural/religious beliefs, moral standards, how a person treats another person or animal etc that is important to how well different cultures will get along.

Eg:
if a particular group of people thinks it is fine and dandy to slaughter those who are not of the same beliefs. or who think it is ok to crap and piss in the streets or who believe it is fine to rape children and that old men can marry kids age 12 or under. Why should I be called a Racist because I cannot except those cultural beliefs.
Why should I be called a racist if I dislike a person or persons of any race who thinks it is fine to torture animals before killing them for food?
It is never the Race alone that a person might dislike, it is the immoral and sadistic cultural beliefs that are rejected and for that I or anybody else should not be labelled a racist.

If I am to love all people equally no matter what the race then that is saying that I am to love and welcome into this (at the moment) magnificent country Paedophiles, Serial killers, psychopaths, potential terrorists and all people of dubious and intolerant mind sets to my cultural and moral beliefs.

HMMMMMM?
After reading this I accept that the British and Irish and Scottish were a pretty intolerant crowd in the early days, due likely to the fact that everybody else tried to take England from them and in the end they, (everybody else) won because the English of the 1700s were of mixed blood of Scandinavian,Roman, German, middle eastern and a bit of Spanish and French descent..

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:45 am

Lets put it into perspective, all these days are set aside for Aboriginals in Australia....

13th February - National Apology Day
19th March- Close The Gap Day
21st March- Harmony Day
26th May- National Sorry Day
3rd June-Mano Day
27th May- 3rd June- Reconciliation Week
1st week of July-Naidoc Week
4th August-National Aboriginal Children's Day
9th August- International Day Of Word's Indigenous People
5th September-Indigenous Literacy Day

Yet the Greens want to take away the one day we ALL celebrate being Australian.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:14 am

Adrian
When you get on your us and them rants it makes my F....ing skin crawl.
You words not mine
AUSTRALIA DAY HAS ZERO TO DO WITH ABORIGINALS its our day

HOW MUCH LONGER COULD THE BLACKMAN HAVE SURVIVED IF WE HADNT ARRIVED HERE (50, 000 YEARS of history You
F.....g C....n

MAYBE A SORRY IS DUE TO ABORIGINIES "THEY SEEM TO BE OUT OUT OF TOUCH WITH THERE TRUE PAST"

Theres also some dribble about being "ousted by other races" .There more but I have trouble reading them as it makes my blood boil.I CANT STAND RACISM.
I had emailed Professor Marcia Langton as I feel that Im not capable of defending our first people.
I am one of the early members of this site, back in the MSN days.I have been a moderator and know the rules.You dont attack other people.There should be also another rule regarding races.But I chose to attack you an will always be at the throat of your kind.Its nothing short of arrogance to behave like you do.
I am about to be ousted and I accept that.
Dig24crt

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2