Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making A Post On This Forum.

+6
rc62burke
Nightjar
nero_design
4rd
adrian ss
Minermike
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Making A Post On This Forum. Empty Making A Post On This Forum.

Post  Minermike Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:23 pm

To keep this forum "alive ' we need more people to put up a topic, not left to a few of us . Some off topic posts are acceptable , I am surprised that my off topic post on Bitcoin has had 6,234 views. My topic of how many married lovers have you had ? Would not be accepted . For the record , they are happy to take their clothes off but not their wedding rings !
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Making A Post On This Forum. Empty Re: Making A Post On This Forum.

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Q35 Q35 V07
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 pm

It is true, believe me !
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  4rd Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

I think the 6,000+ views is most likely from people searching 'bitcoin' from outside of the forum,  I posted a topic on DIY drawers for a Landcruiser a little while back and that went over 10,000 views - no doubt people doing a search to get some ideas and they landed on this forum.  Agreed however, your point is still valid.
4rd
4rd
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Making A Post On This Forum. 331f9e10

There seems to be a half-dozen or more regular posters here who appear to post constant content.  There's always going to be subjects or articles that won't be of interest to everyone.  I think the Bitcoin subject is a relevant one to gold because it's beating gold... and yet it's also being sold as "the modern metal" which is simply part of the controversy of Bitcoin.  I usually post only in the "General" threads because i figure it can always be moved later if it belongs someplace else.

I think there's a lot of people who view the pages but aren't members and therefore can't comment.  Others are browsing while eating lunch or dinner and don't care to log in and comment.  Those members here that do reply sometimes don't want to hog the forums by replying to every thread, even if they have an opinion they might want to share.  Then there's the ones who have information that others might want to know - but they don't want to share it because they believe it gives them an edge (think about how fishermen hate to give away their favorite bait tips and favorite techniques - and especially locations).  I haven't seen it in a while here but there used to be an intense rivalry between some prospectors.  

My own thoughts are that it's good to share things you've seen, experienced or learned if it will help others. Yes, there's less gold on the surface of the ground these days since so many people have gone over the popular surface locations with everything ever sold over the counter.  Sure, you DON'T want to place an X on the spot where you found a good bit of gold or people will show up there in droves overnight.  I was told that one of the other forums out there had a couple of folks show where they got some decent gold.  I can't say for certain they got the gold in that same spot, or even in the quantity shown - but the many non-logged readers of that forum showed up on the location by the busload overnight.  The regulars who used to fossick that same area for gold were horrified when the mob arrived.  And the mob had no concept of personal space or goldfield etiquette... digging holes everywhere.  The regular prospectors who frequented the area then became quite angry towards the members who had put up that video and the hate began to rise up in the forum (and in the field, I'm told) - and the animosity soured any goodwill towards the couple who gave away their favorite spot.

There's a couple of other forums who invited me to join them a few years ago (I have since lost my login details when my old computer died) and they were "Closed" forums - which means you needed to log in as a member in order to read any of the posts.  They were generally more civil because people knew who each member was.  The members weren't too anonymous.  But there was a hierarchy and those who weren't finding large amounts of gold... or using the most expensive equipment... were looked down on by other members.  I'm glad to say that this is not the case here.  There seems to be less posting these days but people are far more courteous and civil towards one another.  We seem to have lost a number of members who had high profiles and that's a shame.  I have no doubt they still read the posts here but they don't log in.  I think it's good that the forum is open for others to come by and browse the comments.  I also think people should be encouraged to post anything gold related.  Whilst this is a prospecting forum, I think any post about gold is interesting to other members and yet local gold prospecting in Australia will always form the backbone of the forum.  The side-stories (eg Bitcoin, Sewer Gold, Treasures etc) keep the forum alive just as much as the local prospecting and detector posts.

Making A Post On This Forum. 3rxg6c10

I predict that 40 years from now, people will still find the odd large nugget but that smaller gold will be the best way to make the hobby pay for itself.  Small gold found with detectors (that offer good, reliable feedback to the user) will continue to make the hobby more viable... much like the SDC 2300 does.  Let's hope the manufacturers can come up with a machine some day that can identify ANY metal before it's actually dug.  I'm sure it's science-fiction now but perhaps some day it will be a possibility.  If that day comes, take out a personal loan to get one!  Imagine knowing you're about to dig Silver or Gold?  

I try to post pictures when I make a post (either from online or one of my own) because I feel it makes the article more interesting or it incites passion from other gold-fans. I've always done this... all the way back to the mid-2000s.  You might also notice that when I link a YouTube video, I also place the text link of the same directly below it in case a forum reader wants to access the link but can't see it without logging in.  The forum here has been a great source of information for people. I think it's the constant articles and the diversity of the members here that keep it going.  It's also good to see that many of the informative articles from years ago can still be sourced on the forum.

Making A Post On This Forum. Golden10
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Haha MinerMike yes "how many married lovers have you had" is not appropriate for forum  Laughing

Well we could all put up memes like Nero has  lol!

It doesnt have to be about gold, its is general discussion after all

Making A Post On This Forum. Img_4211

Just remember kids out there read forums as well Wink

Also if anyone has any ideas to improve the forum, i wanna hear it please

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

Morning Jen,
Like it or not, we are seeing more and more prospectors favouring FB and the like to display their stories.
Forums like #$%$# Bitcoin are going to fade into obscurity before long.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 am

Nightjar wrote:Morning Jen,
Like it or not, we are seeing more and more prospectors favouring FB and the like to display their stories.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Q41 Q41 Q41 Q41 Q41 Q23 Q23 Q23

are you trying to cause a price drop so you can get in Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q40 Q40 Q35 Q35 Q23 Q23 Q23 Q23 Q24 Q24 Q25 Q25 Q38 Q38

VERY unlikely mate Q13 Q13 Q13
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Yep! Facebook has taken over.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:51 pm

rc62burke wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Q41 Q41 Q41 Q41 Q41 Q23 Q23 Q23

are you trying to cause a price drop so you can get in Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q34 Q40 Q40 Q35 Q35 Q23 Q23 Q23 Q23 Q24 Q24 Q25 Q25 Q38 Q38

VERY unlikely mate Q13 Q13 Q13

It's good to know we have at least one serious Bitcoin investor here on the forum.  Just don't forget to keep some profit for the Tax Man... the warnings from the Australian government are that you have to pay for every cent it makes since its inception under Australian law. The experts seem to be certain that Bitcoin is a Bubble. I guess time will certainly tell. I was surprised today to read that North Korea is trying to make money by mining bitcoin after sanctions from the West are making it hard for them.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Nightjar wrote: Like it or not, we are seeing more and more prospectors favoring FB

G'day Nightjar,  

One of the reasons for sure and there are plenty of good FB prospecting groups..  a reality  Q04

I visit here now on passing these days and I have noticed that many of the long-term members don't post Gold stuff or otherwise anymore.  

People will move on for whatever reasons I guess.

Cheers
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Making A Post On This Forum. Detect10

Not sure if anyone has noticed but quite a few of the Facebook detecting groups are posting links to our articles here on 4umer.net
I've blurred the details of members because, like so many of the Facebook groups, they're private for some reason.

I don't mind if they link to here... but hopefully some of their prospectors will join this Forum if they find our articles interesting.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 am

Hi All
I used to be a prolific poster here !!!
Including many post's on my find which were quite good & I made many comments about the Pay to detect properties that I frequented & supported those places by commenting here & on other forums, which actually helped many members of different forums.

Life has changed significantly for me in the past few years, firstly by the "Townsville Metal Detecting Club" acting as a Lynch mob due to me being Proactive !!!! Fecken Losers Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Then I became more secretive due to gaining access to private land to detect on which I wanted to keep for my crew.

Lastly now that I have an EX Wife  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked Razz Razz Razz   life has changed so much in a short time, all positive mind you Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink lol! bounce bounce

The point is life changes & peoples contribution here changes.
The actions of members of the detecting community (locally) have definitely changed my contribution here !!!!
Would I love to post more of my finds here ?????  HELL YEAH Shocked Wink Wink Wink Wink  as I enjoyed sharing my experience, am I likely to ????? hmmm good question.

TMDC members !!! the sheep PHUCK you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi All
Including many post's on my find which were quite good & I made many comments about the Pay to detect properties that I frequented & supported those places by commenting here & on other forums, which actually helped many members of different forums.

Life has changed significantly for me in the past few years, firstly by the "Townsville Metal Detecting Club" acting as a Lynch mob due to me being Proactive !!!! Fecken Losers Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Then I became more secretive due to gaining access to private land to detect on which I wanted to keep for my crew.

Lastly now that I have an EX Wife  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked Razz Razz Razz   life has changed so much in a short time, all positive mind you Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink lol! bounce bounce

The actions of members of the detecting community (locally) have definitely changed my contribution here !!!!
Would I love to post more of my finds here ?????  HELL YEAH Shocked Wink Wink Wink Wink  as I enjoyed sharing my experience, am I likely to ????? hmmm good question.

TMDC members !!! the sheep PHUCK you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lee.
What would you say if I knew your secret gold spots and I am going to tell the whole world, (Yes the whole world reads these forums) about these locations so that they can come to pay and detect???  Would you get upset??
How would your crew handle this??  

You always need to think beforehand of your actions as there are always consequences. How many people who have been here well before you. Think about how many toes you have trampled on....................

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:
rc62burke wrote:Hi All

Lee.
What would you say if I knew your secret gold spots and I am going to tell the whole world, (Yes the whole world reads these forums) about these locations so that they can come to pay and detect???  Would you get upset??
How would your crew handle this??  

You always need to think beforehand of your actions as there are always consequences. How many people who have been here well before you, (like 50-100 years) when you came to Australia with your parents, which wasn't that long ago. Think about how many toes you have trampled on....................

Hey Bob,
Not really sure what you're getting at???
But the locations I promoted were NOT secret by any stretch of the imagination!!!! on the contrary these Station owners were running businesses to supplement their incomes in VERY VERY hard times!!! so if for one minute you think I did the wrong thing ????? spare a thought for these guy's & the small towns around the area which gained extra tourist numbers !!!!!!!!
If in fact you are having a go at me ????? that is very short sighted of you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
The private access place I have, the owner made it VERY clear that he DOES NOT want hundreds of people calling him for access hence an additional reason to keep it quiet.

Are you seriously having a go at me for being an Immigrant ????????? Need I remind you "The white man hasn't been here that Long" !!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 pm

No Lee.
This is the problem, when people try to point out where things have gone wrong, they get defensive and see it all different and from there, they go sour.
So if this is the case then I apologise Lee.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:No Lee.
This is the problem, when people try to point out where things have gone wrong,  they get defensive and see it all different and from there, they go sour.
So if this is the case then I apologise Lee.

Bob your comments are very confusing !!!!!!

I merely pointed out in my original some reasons why I have reduced my posts on this forum
, from that point it appeared that you were having a go at me because you perceived I told people about others secret spots??? have I got that right ??
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Face Book is I pain in the ass, Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi Bruce
Hows it going?

Grandfather Johnson wrote:Face Book is I pain in the ass, Cheers

Facebook is A huge pain in the backside.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 pm

G'day fellow prospectors

A forum is only as good as its contributing members. Members, as long as posts are kept in perspective (within the guidelines of  "respect for one another") contribute what you can, when you can, for is not that the purpose of joining & or being part of a forum?  No member here is asked for anything more or less.
If one here enjoys reading the posts/contributions of another, then why not contribute something in return, so that others too, may enjoy reading about your prospecting/life's adventures?  What is life, without give & take?
One things for certain, just like faith without its works is useless, so are forums, without their contributing members.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Minermike wrote:To keep this forum  "alive '   we  need  more people to put up a topic,  not left to a few of us .  Some off topic  posts  are acceptable ,  I am surprised  that my off topic  post on Bitcoin  has had 6,234  views.  My topic of how many married  lovers have you had ?  Would not be accepted .  For the record , they are happy to take their  clothes off but not their wedding  rings !

I rack up views on all posts just so the topic becommes read. This way I can keep track of when a new post comes up. I am not interested in bitcoin but open the topic just to make it "read".

Just because people don't start a topic doesn't mean that they are not contributing to the forum.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 pm

It would be better if more people started a topic and not leaving it to a few members .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Minermike wrote:It would be better if more people   started a topic  and not leaving it to a few members .

Mike, I don't mean to offend anyone but not all of us are retirees that sit in front of the computer all day. I work week on week off. I am more active on my week off but that doesn't mean that I have to start a topic. Hell, I might be out chasing gold. We all have different levels of contributing and that must be respected.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

rockhunter62 wrote:
Minermike wrote:It would be better if more people   started a topic  and not leaving it to a few members .

Mike, I don't mean to offend anyone but not all of us are retirees that sit in front of the computer all day. I work week on week off. I am more active on my week off but that doesn't mean that I have to start a topic. Hell, I might be out chasing gold. We all have different levels of contributing and that must be respected.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug
Your right, real life comes first, then what you have time to do, and what you want to do.  Very Happy

Heck even i havent been putting much into the forum of late, other things have taken up my time.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Yeah Jen it does seem that as we get older other things start getting in the way of detecting.
Like family and health issues have been a pain for the past 3 years and the past two weeks have been bloody awful and in between that I still have to do work for a couple of local jewellers and by the time I sit down at this computer I just sit and stare at it like a zombie or something. I reckon my fire is going out. Then I get up and get one of my tectas and do some air tests like I have never done them before. but have actually tested them a bazillion times.
Then it's late and I'm off to bed, read a few pages of a book and lights out. Get up in the morning at 0600, get breakfast and turn the tele on and listen to how some DH has ploughed his car into a house or shop or school room or church or somewhere else and killed a few people;Or how some clown has done a hit and run and left someone to die on the road and for sure there will be some Ignoramus fool who has blown up some people because he doesn't like what those people believe in or there has been another mass shooting somewhere.  Yeah life is good aye.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:08 am

Hi Adrian
It can be a pretty depressing world if we let it get us down
I dont like watching the news on Tv any more, i am happy to just be plain ignorant on most things these days
People somewhere are always doing something stupid to some one or just doing silly chit!
I sometimes read the news on the internet, not very often Laughing
Havent brought a newspaper for about 8 years now.
And as we get older, more goes wrong with us.  Crying or Very sad
but i figure plenty of time to be laying down when we are dead  Laughing

Anyway who can help with this  Laughing

Making A Post On This Forum. Img_4310

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:15 am

Sounds like you have alzheimers and or ya need a new clock What a Face
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Jen , did you grab Thingamabob from FB ? I saw it there.

I agree with Adrian , I went to the dentist this week and was relived of $430 . At my age , I am not going to have any expensive work done on my teeth . My older brother spent thousands on his teeth up till the end .
Next week I go to the eye specialist again , I was there 3 weeks ago. Trying to fight off macula degeneration in my right eye .

I do not put the T.V. on during the day except for cricket and horse racing . I did no good in the Melb. cup this year . Putting the T.V. during the day is the easy way out, go for a walk ! I understand that people , including me , will end up watching a lot of day time T.V. but I prefer an interesting book .

I have noticed that there are fewer topics posted over the last few years. Members need to put up a topic otherwise the forum will die . It does not take long to put up a topic even if you are working . No topics = no forum .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi miner mike
No i didnt get that from facebook, but my friend may have Laughing

I do watch tv, i buy movies. Not much on Tv but re-runs, happy days, hogan heroes, becker, the list goes on. Lol
At the moment have last seaon of game of thrones to watch.. gawd! If you like gore, heads rolling off, and sex
heaps of other stuff. Dragons, witches.

Summer is almost here, so more time to watch tv, and play ipad games Twisted Evil

Now i have found a game i am enjoying called Empires & puzzles.

Adrian!!! you maybe right Q35 ( alzheimers )

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 am

G'day Gen , Yeah been going pretty good, keepin busy doin this & that here & there. Are you blokes back from WA yet ? I suspect so. Hope to catch up one day. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next