Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good finish to August.

4 posters

Go down

A good finish to August. Empty A good finish to August.

Post  Axtyr Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi everyone.

2 beautiful days out again this week. Tuesday was a brilliant day nice and warm.
I started at on old spot and it took a while before I found my first piece and then another a few inches away. I then moved to another spot where I immediately picked up my third piece. It took some time before the next piece was found and I was thinking about making my way back to the car when I got another good signal. It wasn’t too deep and soon piece number 5 for the day was in my hand.

So 5 pieces weighing in at: 0.09 gram, 0.04 gram, 0.12 gram, 0.08 gram and 0.75 gram.
A good finish to August. W9JprJp

A very cold morning today and I needed to put on the jumper for the first hour. I started off at a new spot which looked promising but failed to find anything. Off I went to the same spot as Tuesday afternoon and again immediately picked up my first piece. Most of the other signals were all rubbish but I came across a scrape in the rocks. I was sure I had been there on Tuesday but couldn’t remember scraping the rocks in this area. It looked like either I had dug it previously or an animal had dug away the rocks in search of food. I put the tip of the coil in the hole and got a faint signal so I scraped more rocks out with my foot and the signal got a bit better. Next scrape and the signal was out. I finally located it and I could see quite a bit of gold inside what looked like quartz. After washing it I could see a large area of gold and a spot of gold on another side. The rock was decaying quartz and didn’t take much to break it up with the leatherman and I was fortunate to get 2 pieces out of the rock.

The 3 pieces weighed in at: 0.16 gram, 0.08 gram and 4 grams.
A good finish to August. 7cJAof9

8 pieces for the week and a nice haul of 5.3 grams for the week.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

A good finish to August. Empty Re: A good finish to August.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:03 pm

A nice finish for the month there Axtyr. T06 Congrats for your nice finds and thanks for sharing with us. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 pm

Nice little haul of nuggies to finish off the winter month Axtyr. Well done. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A good finish to August. Empty -a-good-finish-to-august

Post  bloodgold2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Good stuff mate Very Happy Have been following your finds for awhile now, you are very consistent and I have no doubt you will walk over a lumper sooner than later Very Happy
bloodgold2
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Hope you have a September to remember mate, Detecting
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down