Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update 26th August 2014

3 posters

Go down

Update 26th August 2014 Empty Update 26th August 2014

Post  mariner3800 Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Up Dated August 2014

Hi All,

Just one of many updates to follow....

Bill has been working the email and phones like a trooper chasing up sponsors and guests for this years Bash.

So far this year Bill has secured the services of some of Australia's leading experts and distinguished guests in the field of prospecting for our Saturday night panel, including

Doug Stone
John Gladdis
Tony Mills
Ian Aitken
Mark Hyde
Darren Kamp

We still have a couple of people we are trying to contact so please watch this space.

Catering

We are working on obtains the services of a local fund raising organisation to look after catering ( apart from the traditional Saturday night roast ) so we would be interested in your feed back to so if it is something that you would use over the weekend for Friday night dinner, breakfasts and lunches??

Confirmed Catering To Date

Friday Night Fish Cook Up ( Payment on the night ) This was a big hit last year, we just need a couple of helper so please make yourself known to Bill if you can help.
Saturday Night Annual Roast ( Payment at the park office, please let them know when booking )

Tours & Training

We are proud to announce that Mark & Ronda Hyde of " Gold Prospecting Australia " are back again running training courses again this year.
They have also dug deep this year and donated one of their Tag Along Trips to WA next year
Bookings can be made directly with Ronda on  0409 188 138

Once again we have the commitment of Darren & Leanne from Gold & Relics who will also be running tours over the weekend.
Bookings can be made directly with Darren on 1300 882 199  

All these tours & Training were fully booked out last year so be quick and get in quick as they are the best we to start your hobby off or improve you knowledge of prospecting.

Remember these courses are at a dramatically reduced price, so take it while you can at these great prices.

Activities

This year we have the Gold Panning Ass. Victoria. who are running panning demos, competitions and information on panning and yes we will have " Salted " dirt to pan off for a Gold Coin donation.
There will be a trophy for the final winner. So come along and try out your panning skills. There is a bonus "you can keep all the gold that you find"

Environmental Creations will be back teaching us how to make that replica nugget you have locked up in the safe so you can display it with pride.   

Bendigo Gold will be there running class on the new detector so get in earlie and have a go.  

Sponsors

We are still waiting on hearing back from a few of last years sponsors, but again things are shaping up as good as last year, but it would be great if you can chase up your local dealers and suppliers and hit them up for a small donation. As we saw last year everything helps and the more we get the more money we can raise for the Peter Mac Research Institute.

OK this list is really starting to build, we have confirmed the following,

Laanecoorie Lake Side Park
Gold Prospecting Australia
Doug Stone
Nugget Finder Coils
Gold Search Australia
Coiltek Maryborough
Gold & Relics
Reeds Prospecting Supplies, Bellevue W.A
Goanna Gold Detectors
Addcolour Digital Pty Ltd
The Lodden Shire information Centre
Gold Gem & Treasure ( look for our info in their magazine )
Kambar Auto Care
Coiltek Manufacturing
Minelab Australia
CC Picks
John Tully
Detech Coils Australia
Primo Salads
The FNQ Fisherman ( You know who you are )
Bendigo Gold
Parks Victoria

We are still looking for sponsors for the raffle & auction prizes so please ask around as this event now has some considerable coverage in the media with ALL sponsors getting equal coverage so please help out.

Minelab

We are just waiting on some official notification, but it looks like we will have some wonderful Minelab news shortly

Help

Bill and I are trying to do as much as we can, but we still need help,so if you have an hour a week let us know
This still is an absolutely FREE weekend, we don't charge admission, so please help out and give back to the hobby we all love.

Accommodation

The park has informed Bill that people are starting to book and the park is filling up nicely for the weekend, so if you have not booked as yet get on the phone.

Happy Prospecting

Peter
Mariner3800

Last edited by mariner3800 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Update 26th August 2014 Empty Re: Update 26th August 2014

Post  getascripter Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm booked in  T15 
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:57 pm

I would like to know if anyone or a group may be interested in having car boot sales over the weekend. But the items for sale will have to be prospecting related. Not Trash and Treasure stuff. There will be a site fee of $10 per day. Also you will have to supply your own tables or what ever you need to display your wears.
wombat  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Update 26th August 2014 Empty July 2014

Post  mariner3800 Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi All,

I hope the winter is being kind to you all and that you have managed to get out for a swing every now and then???

We would like to announce that Gold Search Australia have come on board this year with a very very substantial donation of a very expensive raffle price, we will put all the details up soon, so even if you not attending this year get a mate to purchase some tickets as it just might pay off.

Things are starting to come together and we hope to have some big announcements over the next couple of weeks including full catering ON SITE for those who want a very easy weekend, this still is in the negotiation stages so as soon as we have the details we will release them.

Numbers For This Year

We would like to get a bit of an idea of the number of forum members ( and others ) that are thinking of coming this year. Last year we had approx 130 attend over the 3 days so we are looking at bettering this, this year so please let us know.

As for the accommodation Wombat informs me that there are still powered sites and cabins available, all be it a few so get on the phone and book soon.

Please remember it is still a FREE weekend and what you will gain out of this will be incredible, just ask any one that has attended in the past.

Cheers for Now

Peter
Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Update 26th August 2014 Empty name of park for powerd site to park a caravan for laanecoorie bash

Post  hapalogh Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi just purchased a caravan and was wonderind the name of the park where I could book a site.

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm

hapalogh wrote:Hi just purchased a caravan and was wonderind the name of the park where I could book a site.

Hi Hapalogh I have put up all the details for the Park under " Information for the Laanecoorie Caravan Park & Dates of the Bash"
wombat  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks Bill i'll have a look again. I could not find it before Thanks again

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 am

Lates Up Date
There is now just over 6 weeks to got before the Bash so if you have not booked your accommodation at the park please do so now, otherwise you will miss out.

If you are planning to have a Car Boot Sale at the bash please let me know so we can make sure there is a space for you. Remember prospecting and prospecting relics related items only. Not Trash and Treasure.

I am planning to have a fund raising B.B.Q again this year at the Woolly's Supermarket Maryborough. So I will need a few helping hand again this year. Exact day will be announced. I'm looking around the 20th Sept.

Our major raffle prize this year is a "Whites Sierra Pulse Pro Detector" valued at $1195. by Gold Search Australia in Dunolly. If you what more info on this detector go to www.goldsearchaustralia.com

We will be having gold panning competitions this year run by the Gold Panning Ass. Victoria. There will be a trophy for the final winner. So come along and try out your panning skills. There is a bonus "you can keep all the gold that you find"

Also if you are planning to go out on a detector training day with one of our experianced intructors please book early as last year training was very popular and a lot of people missed out. We have Mark & Ronda Hyde from "Gold Prospecting Australia" 0409188138. And also Leanne & Darren Kamp from "Gold & Relics"

wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 am

Just to bring you up to date of what has been happening.

Minelab has come to the party again this year with a fantastic Auction prize a CTX 3030. Anyone that has been thinking of getting one of these machines to complement their arsenal, here is your chance of getting one at possibly at a great price.

Environmental Creations Dean Smith will be making up and donating a replica nugget of the "Hand of Faith" in recognition of the founder "Kevin Hillier" who past away this year.

The Caravan park is filling up very quickly this year with booking, faster than this time last year. So if you have'nt booked I suggest you book "NOW"

Don't forget about the Car Boot sales. If you or any of your mate want to have a Car Boot Sale stall selling prospecting items, let me know.

We have got some great road side directoin signs going up for the Bash this year. These hav be printed and donated by Addcolour from Canberra ACT. These signs will be displayed a few days before the Bash to show people were to find the event.

We have a few more sponsors coming on board this year but saddly we also lost about 4 from last year.

I'm still looking for anyone that may have a collection of old detectors from the "Past" to display the history of the evolution and the development of the Metal Detectors. Even if you only have one old one that you would not mind putting on display please let me know.

Also I need willing hands to help in our fund raising BBQ on the 20th Sept at Wolly's (Safeway) Maryborough.

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:04 am

Hi All,

With only a few weeks to go Until the Bash, and things are all coming together for even a bigger year than the last.

We are still looking for some sponsors so if you know anyone that can dig a little into their business to help out it would be greatly appreciated.

We do have one request from all members, and that is we are looking for a portable PA system as our regular provider of this has pulled out. What we are looking for is something like a stage amp with built in speaker and a couple of inputs, we do have a couple of mics, but with the size of the Saturday Open Mic Table this year I think we are going to need a couple more??
So the list is, 1 x stage amp and speaker unit, 2-3 mics with leads

Can anyone please help out.

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

I dropped in today (2nd. Sept) at the Laanecoorie Lakeside Caravan Park to see how the bookings are going. They informed me that the parks is filling up VERY quickly. They have now only 3 cabins left and 6 power site left. But plenty of non-powered sites.
They still have the house that can sleep up to 12 people. Four bedrooms, 1 with a queens size bed, 1 with a double bed, and 2 with a double bed,single bed & bunks. For 8 people it will cost $180 per night, or $22.50 per person per night. It is $12 extra per adult or $6 per child on top of the 8 people per night. This is cheaper per person than a powered or non powered site.

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down