Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils

4 posters

Go down

Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils Empty Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils

Post  GOLDGASM Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bli-bli/miscellaneous-goods/gpz-7000-14-coil-coil-skins-upper-coil-cover/1142343024
G'day folks, has anyone on the forum tried these skins? How do they perform out in the field? Is there much build up under the casing after a days detecting?

Cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils Empty Re: Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils

Post  Guest Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:47 am

I don't know why anyone would want a "TOP" cover, makes no sense to me, the bottom skid plate for sure is necassary.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils Empty Re: Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils

Post  GOLDGASM Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:02 pm

The 14" cleans up just fine after a few days out but the edges on the circumference of the coil take the biggest blows. It's true to cover the whole face of the coil is a bit excessive, might use tape instead for the side edges
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:10 pm

G'Day Dave,
I have a lite plastic cover fitted to the front half of my 14" 7000 coil, it prevents the top of the coil from scratches/damage when running the plastic ladle over the coil when locating a dug target, top of the coil looks like new.
Cheers,AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Yep no worries, for those who like to keep everything looking like new, to me these things are a work tool and are to be used, it's not that important to me whether it looks like new or not, so long as it works perfectly. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm

G.G.

I covered the top of my coil with the plastic clear sheet that kids use to cover their school books. It works fine so far but I haven't used the detector too much so far. I'm hoping it will last the year at least.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils Empty pauls coil cover skins

Post  xmas tree Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Could using plastic to protect your coil top affect the coil as it might create static electricity? I'm no expert. xmas tree

xmas tree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDGASM Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Hey gents, I have done a quick fix from Bunnings and moved on from considering a skin.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/3m-clear-safety-walk-tub-and-shower-tread-50mm-x-4-5m_p3965261
Paul's coil cover skins for Gpz coils IMG_0713_zpsdu80wego
I'm not to fussed about the top of the coil axtyr it cleans up nicer than the other areas. Interesting thought Xmas. if it didn't the next thing I would be worrying about is running the smaller bits of gold over the top of the skin and being able to hear them(similar to the smallest bit of lead shot one can get with the zed)

Cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down