Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 COIL Cover Removal

3 posters

Go down

SDC2300 COIL Cover Removal Empty SDC2300 COIL Cover Removal

Post  aussiedigger Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:41 am

My first post so hi all  Cool I also apologise if this question has been asked before. ( I did a quick search)

Wondering if anyone knows how to remove the SDC2300 Coil cover an easy way. I cant seem to get it off with out using excessive force and as yet Im reluctant to try the brute force way  Question

Cheers Smile

ad...
aussiedigger
aussiedigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 COIL Cover Removal Empty Re: SDC2300 COIL Cover Removal

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:30 am

Don't know a real easy way, but I used 2 screw drivers and a bit of swearing Wink wouldn't be too concerned about being gentle, a bit of force didn't hurt mine.

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiedigger Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:16 am

Goldgeo wrote:Don't know a real easy way, but I used 2 screw drivers and a bit of swearing Wink wouldn't be too concerned about being gentle, a bit of force didn't hurt mine.

Thanks thought so! Does much dirt actually get in?

ad...
aussiedigger
aussiedigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Not sure why this was so hard for you, I used what I had on me, my fingers, a key and a bit of manipulation. Started at the small snap clip near the swivel join and worked my way around the edge. Next time I will likely get it with just my fingers.

Yep fingers (and strong fingernail) did it.

Rob P.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiedigger Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:12 pm

pablop wrote:Not sure why this was so hard for you, I used what I had on me, my fingers, a key and a bit of manipulation.  Started at the small snap clip near the swivel join and worked my way around the edge.  Next time I will likely get it with just my fingers.

Yep fingers (and strong fingernail) did it.

Rob P.

Yeah thanks Iv'e become an expert since that post . 6 coil covers worn out so far and counting Very Happy

ad...
aussiedigger
aussiedigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  angus Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 pm

6 covers worn out so far , I'm impressed you must be covering some ground. I've got about 120+ hrs on mine and although its starting to look a little ragged it's still got a few miles left in it ,[I think] will keep a close eye on it.
May I ask how the knuckle is going , mine although scratched is showing no sign of wearing out .I'm loving how robust and functional this machine is
I am pretty harsh on mine scraping it on the ground most of the time, moving sticks and small rocks , as ya do, then put it in the ute , take it home ,hose it down ,fold it up and put it away, i just love it. Well done minelab .
angus
angus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down