Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit of luck with the 19" coil today

+16
deutran
goldchaser
Reg Wilson
Digginerup
Sharkbait
Harb
adrian ss
Philsgold
determined1
rockhunter62
slimpickens
Inhere
kon61
Grandfather Johnson
Akubra
alchemist
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Bit of luck with the 19" coil today - Page 4 Empty Re: Bit of luck with the 19" coil today

Post  Ridge Runner Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:15 pm

adrian ss wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:I just tried to post a picture here and now this site has gone and signed me up to some Picture Hosting web site, And to say that I am angry about that does not even scratch the surface. I hate my contact details being given to 3rd party £&~@$

If your pics are on a camera card then you do not have to sign up to a public site like Photo bucket etc .
You can post direct to the forum from your card via the Host an image icon on the reply page.

Thanks for that, I was trying to up load them from my PC

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Bit of luck with the 19" coil today - Page 4 Empty Re: Bit of luck with the 19" coil today

Post  adrian ss Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Refer my prev reply.  Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:45 pm

adrian ss wrote:
lenoil wrote:I believe he said it was IRON ENCRUSTED calcrete

Maybe? 
I did not see a lot of iron in that hole and even if there was, a true PI will not signal very strong on iron stone and iron ore mineralisation when the tecta timings are set to respond well to gold.
I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that the Z has a very high and fast pulse rate.

Still. I would like to know what was in the calcrete that set the tecta off??....If it was iron minerals then finding another more appropriate timing would quiet it down and still have found that signal if it was gold ....Maybe?? 

Also the ground balance will adjust quickly over mineralisation faster than if the signal is coming from a metal target.....Sometimes  Rolling Eyes

You wouldnt be able to see it adrian but that calcrete has a whitish weathered surface until you chip at it,then you see all the iron or cemented oxides inside,very red,had no probs with hotrocks with the 19,sdc picks up quite a few around that area
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Bit of luck with the 19" coil today - Page 4 Empty " Bit of luck with the 19" coil today"

Post  ozgold 041 Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi Dave,

I sent you an email.

Regards John.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Okay no worries.
Thanks for that info GC.
      Would you class  the SDC as too noisy, OK or Usable over that ground and those rocks?
My 23 growns a bit over some pretty tough ground but still very usable.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:05 pm

adrian ss wrote:Okay no worries.
Thanks for that info GC.
      Would you class  the SDC as too noisy, OK or Usable over that ground and those rocks?
My 23 growns a bit over some pretty tough ground but still very usable.

No sdc has been awsome out there adrian,we run it flat strap no 5,tip from Jen,great on tiny shallow stuff,its a bit noisy flat out but the gold usually stands out,got half a bucket of ironstone hot rocks from sdc,pretty sure there'll be gold in them,get around to crushing them oneday
will check ozgold.....

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Cheers mate.
I hope the next signal under yer 19 is a ripper.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4