Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page

+13
kevlorraine2
Jay Gold
kon61
Martin R
Reg Wilson
robby_h
kiwijw
Cadian
Magilla
slimpickens
rockhunter62
Harb
GypsyGoldAu
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Empty GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Let me start by saying I don't drop into this forum very much anymore for the very reason that has just surfaced here recently, I have to constantly defend myself against people who have this idea that I need to be kept honest regardless of my track record in this industry.

The facts:
I posted up information about the new highly anticipated GPZ19 coil on our "The Outback Prospector" business page, this was done because at present I'm probably the only person on the planet who has spent any decent amount of time with GPZ with large coils. I also did this because it is good promotion for my business, after all that's what our Business FB page is there for. Thing is I have a track record of sticking to the facts when promoting anything I sell, I don't need to colour the facts or blur the truth, this is what our business is built on and will continue to be built on as we go into the future.

In the process there were questions asked about the hardware attached to the large coil in the picture which I answered, the detector in the photos was in a 5000 type extrusion and used a 5000 shaft and handle, I do not need to go into detail about why it was that way just the fact that is was as can be attested to by the pictures below. The nugget in question weighed around 15 ounces and was found in the hole in the picture during testing conducted when the GPZ was being developed. The image below shows three large nuggets I found, this was just a few of the pieces that I located at depth with the GPZ at that time. One of the nuggets pictured was found with the 14" coil at a depth of 18", the others were very deep and found with the large coil. I have used large coils of varying types throughout the field testing phase of the GPZ and after the GPZ 7000 was released. Minelab do not have to justify or explain to anyone the way they go about developing or testing their products and nor do I.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page P1060010

Below is a copy of our FB page, you can see I clearly state the nugget was found during testing and was found some time ago.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Obp_fb10

Here is a picture of the detector as it looked at that time.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page P1050911

Lastly here are some pics of a 6 ounce piece I found close on 3 feet around the same time. I've blurred some of the picture to protect my associates privacy.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page P1050912
GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page P1050913
GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page P1050914

Lastly here is a picture of a recent nugget I found with the production version of the coil.

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Img_5212
GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Img_5213

In summary:
There are a group of people who will always doubt or not believe what I have to say, that is their prerogative. The facts are I posted information up on my business FB page not on this forum, but am forced to come here and defend myself "YET AGAIN", because for some reason it has been decided its OK to ride rough shot over my personal rights. I have a right to be treated like everyone else, by all means ask the question, be my guest and attack the ball but how about playing fair and not attacking the person.

Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Empty Re: GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am

Nice colours Jonathan.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page Empty Re: GPZ19 coil and images placed on my FB business page

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 am

Thanks Jonathan for coming back and clearing this up for us all, also for giving us all an update on the GPZ19 coil. Thanks also for your great pics of some of the Golden slugs you have found with the GPZ19 coil. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:58 am

Reg Wilson wrote: Nice colours Jonathan.
Nice colours  affraid
I wish i could find ones like that lol!

Thanks JP for sharing with us all..

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyGoldAu Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Jen58 wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote: Nice colours Jonathan.
Nice colours  affraid

You shouldn't be surprised by Reg's response by now Jen...

We all know he is old school pedantic/semantic when it comes to grading gold pieces, 'cos it is in a book (Dep't of Mines List if i recall)....

I see his point of view, i'm just not as pedantic in this regard as he appears to be.

..."To each, his own..."

In the absence of scales, i'd be inclined to remark..."Good finds/nuggets, and half ya bleedin luck, GOODONYA JOHNATHAN!!!!

(meanwhile, green with envy behind the keyboard lol)

Gypsy
GypsyGoldAu
GypsyGoldAu
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Shocked  JP,although you didn't have to,once again you've proven to be the better man. Much appreciate your input/feed back,on the 19 inch Super D coil & its possible capabilities. Mind boggling is all I can say.Thank god I'v got the young bloke with me,assisting with the deeper digs & backfill. Smile

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:03 pm

This is sad...........

Such a shame we can't all just get along, buggered if I know why things always seem to end up as a shite fight on a forum.........why can't we just help and be happy for each other.........some of the best people in my life come from forums.....sadly also some of the worst come from them as well.

Good luck to you JP...........I hope I end up as skilled when I get serious and get out there on a regular bassis as well.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Keep up the good work JP. Your information only gives me more reason to buy the GPZ with big coil once I have paid off the "blue hoover".

Good info, good shop, good service and good people.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks Jonathan for the update, I'm sure the big coil will prove well worth while. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi JP, don't know if you feel like answering any questions, and I will understand if you don't......but if you are, what's the story about the 19" coil and the Extra Deep setting? It's not mentioned on the comparison charts.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Good to see your post here Jonathan, even though it was for justification.............. Regardless, I enjoy reading your writings on gold prospecting.

Thanks, Uncle Bob Q15

Back to top Go down

Post  Magilla Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Well said JP. I just have one question, what are the GPS coordinates for that hole? lol!

Magilla
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Aint it funny how all the Management's of this forum come to say nice find JP !!!

JP
In the past and to this day you shouldn't have to prove what, when or where you found found it to prove your honesty to those in the know
keep doing what your doing and dont bother with this lot
Do your own thing and be happy with what you find , all be it during testing or not

Goona get my mule,as,in,ASS kicked now for saying what everyone else thinks

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Martin R wrote:Aint it funny how all the Management's of this forum come to say nice find JP !!!

JP
In the past and to this day you shouldn't have to prove what, when or where you found found it to prove your honesty to those in the know
keep doing what your doing and dont bother with this lot
Do your own thing and be happy with what you find , all be it during testing or not

Goona get my mule,as,in,ASS kicked now for saying what everyone else thinks

Marty

"Don't bother with this lot" .......... WTF is your problem???

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:42 pm

"Don't bother with this lot" .......... WTF is your problem???

Lets face it this forum likes and then when it suits get the biggest dagger they can find ,,,,,,,,,,,, not gonna say anymore

Go and do your thing JP

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 pm

"Not gonna say anymore". Aw Marty, don't be like that.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Hang in there JP and look at the trolls for what they are .Don"t waste your brain on them. T02  
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:"Not gonna say anymore". Aw Marty, don't be like that.

Foot n mouth shall get the better of me LOL

Gonna get get the boot from here ahh for saying as it is !

Lets face it when JP gives out some info its "oh thanks JP for your info we shall put that to good use "
and then when a nugget is found, be it during testing or not
OH no cant have that cause it looks like or is what you have found before

Its always at this forum cause it gets the most hits

No wonder JP couldn't be bothered in replaying on ANY forum these days because everyone thinks hes is out to get them

No one complained when handy hints were given out freely all those years ago AHH

M.
Freedom of speech  when will it end ?

Last edited by Martin R on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Good on you JP. Hope all is well with you & family & you are getting your share.....looks like you are. Nice gold. T06 Is it local to you?? LOL Smile

Good luck out there

JW V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

I respect JP as an operator, but I'm sure that even he would have to admit that some advise in the past was given before enough experience and thorough testing had been undertaken. Sometimes that happens due to deadline pressures.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  robby_h Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Yeah well Reg, I follow most of his posts and I must have missed his so-called poor advice.

And you might also notice that JP is still a ML tester so he must be doing something right.

Rolling Eyes

robby_h
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Easy with your comments there Martin. Management has a job to do & I believe we do it as fairly as we can & to the best of our ability,even though at times it might not look as right. No one's perfect bud.
Everyone here is treated equal regardless of stature. We kiss no one's a**e. Step out of line,breaking the rules of this forum & you'll hear about it,no matter who you are.  Scepticism is everyone's right,unfair criticism is not,its as simple as that.
We might have many a member on this forum,but few are the ones that go out of their way,to pass on their hard earned knowledge (they know who they are) & JP is one of them.
One good contributing member,makes up for many & as for the handful few,who put up unsubstantiated posts,without thinking,simply for the purpose of aggravating or stirring the pot,well,you can bet they exist on more forums than one.
As I'v stated before,we're a Gold Detecting & Prospecting Forum,working together for a common cause. No one here might give away their hidden gold patch or the location of their nugget finds when asked & rightly so,but which member will not go out of their way,to help another fellow member,with detectors,settings,processing/digging equipment or type of ground to look for etc,etc, in the search for the golden ointment?

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Robby,  'poor advice' was not a term I used. Don't misquote me. There has at times been controversey in regard to settings  and the pros and cons of headphones versus speakers. Opinions will vary on some advise given on a number of subjects.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:41 pm

kon61 wrote:Easy with your comments there Martin. Management has a job to do & I believe we do it as fairly as we can & to the best of our ability,even though at times it might not look as right. No one's perfect bud

Cheers Kon. Q11

Kon no disrespect to you, But , been there done that and at the end of the day it falls back on the forums as a hole and the way they are run.
I and many members W/Wide are sick of the game play that so many Mods play at these forums to make them/others look good at someone else expense.
I'm so over it , sure play it safe and keep a forum going smoothly takes a lot of time well beyond anyone that has never done it before But...
Please dont suck up when the forums F*** ups in neg comments Like you said no one is perfect BUD

You and I are around the same age (give a yr) and we know when bull is Bull so please dont preach that to me been there done that

Forums are a great wealth of knowledge, if treated the way they ment too.
I'm sticking up for JP not cause I need to but there needs to be some form of respect that seems to be lacking these days , call me old fashioned if you like but respect will always go a long way no matter who one is  

He has given a lot over years and at 1st with WOW thanks Mate to OH yeah lets shoot him down in flames .........
Now why is that ?

Anyways Go JP and do you what you do best , dont post it on any forum , just do you own thing

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:19 am

Marty,I don't wish to stray from the main topic here,nor turn it into a personal slanging match,but comments like "Aint it funny how "all" the managements of "this" forum come to say,nice find JP" & or "we know when bull is bull please don't  preach that to me & been there & done that", "Forums are a great wealth of knowledge,if treated the way they're meant to?" "Respect will go a long way no matter who one is?
Firstly I'd like to say I don't preach Marty.Right or wrong I  state it down as I see it & if wrong,cop the consequences befitting my comments.
Secondly,what would you prefer us to say instead of "nice gold or finds JP"?
Thirdly,so how do you suggest this forum be treated,or run (as you say) "the way they're meant to",so that they always run smoothly?
Marty,when you accuse/condemn management of sucking up &/or running a poor show,you also accuse me,for I am part of management.
Like me,you might have been there & done that,but,before respect goes a long way,it has to be earned first.
Anyway's,enough from me & my apologies to JP for straying off the main topic.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:15 am

Nice nugs JP.    In fact, INCREDIBLE Nugs!!!!! Those 3 are monsters!! If i could find  just one of those in the next decade, ill be a happy man... Congrats!

If you were anyone else posting in the 'members finds' section with those babies, I'm sure you would get nothing but praise..... But for some reason, you cop flack for it....  I dunno, conspiracy theorists?... Or jealousy perhaps??  I know i certainly am!! haha. But I'm not hating you for it, I'm using it as motivation! .... Problem is, people have too much time on their hands, they would rather whinge about gold then go out and find it..... its strange.

Either way, i cant F*&%ING wait for this new coil. I couldnt care how much it costs, and i dont care how long it has taken to be released. Ive found nice gold up until now with the 14", now its time for the next chapter.   Bring it on.  

JG

Last edited by Jay Gold on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Well if anyone here thinks that I have a lack of respect for JP then you are sorely mistaken, how can anyone in the detecting game not hold respect for the man & what he has achieved & continues too?

If it were possible for you to see the original post you would see that I did not attack the Man & did not even mention him personally!!! others did.

My points were raised in reference to the photo used & the equipment displayed that is it.
It is no secret that myself & JP have had disagreement in the past.

Too those that say I attacked or twisted things to cause a problem !!!! well I say that is a very easy comment for you to make without any proof being able to be offered up for others to make up their own minds on the matter, this is due to the topic being deleted which was the cause of this thread starting.

Lastly, there is clear evidence of the picture of the large nugget being used on different occasions with different claims within the blurbs, go find it.

Treasuretalk hunters.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:52 pm

drool, drool, gunna ruin my puter.

Very Happy

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

rc62burke wrote:Well if anyone here thinks that I have a lack of respect for JP then you are sorely mistaken, how can anyone in the detecting game not hold respect for the man & what he has achieved & continues too?

If it were possible for you to see the original post you would see that I did not attack the Man & did not even mention him personally!!! others did.

My points were raised in reference to the photo used & the equipment displayed that is it.
It is no secret that myself & JP have had disagreement in the past.

Too those that say I attacked or twisted things to cause a problem !!!! well I say that is a very easy comment for you to make without any proof being able to be offered up for others to make up their own minds on the matter, this is due to the topic being deleted which was the cause of this thread starting.

Lastly, there is clear evidence of the picture of the large nugget being used on different occasions with different claims within the blurbs, go find it.

Treasuretalk hunters.

Yes, the nugget, that caught my attention, I doubt that JP edits Minelab's advertising material so he should not be the whipping boy over this.  So that leaves Minelab looking a tad dishonest with some explaining to do.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:10 am

llanbric wrote:
Yes, the nugget, that caught my attention, I doubt that JP edits Minelab's advertising material so he should not be the whipping boy over this.  So that leaves Minelab looking a tad dishonest with some explaining to do.

The facts are as I posted them, however there was some early advertising that had incorrect captions underneath the pictures of some of the nuggets (they attributed the pictures of my gold to Steve H and there was a picture of the 15 ouncer in another one which described it as being a 12 gram piece). There were simple mistakes made that I could not correct or control.

Minelab are not dishonest, but wires do get crossed when there are so many people involved, especially when it was across two continents.

Lastly I spent 3 years helping to develop the GPZ 7000, a big part of proof of concept was to find gold and now I'm being criticized for it!! Go figure.Suspect

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next