Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations

Go down

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations  Empty Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

We are now taking nominations for this years Jim Stewart Memorial Trophy. The criteria that we are looking for has to reflect what Jim Stewart stood for and the type of man he was.

Jim was the kind of person that would help anyone, give advice to those that asked without wanting anything in return. He gave this with a kind smile and a warm heart. His knowledge about prospecting was respected by all those that knew him. He would go out of his way to help others. Jim would except you and make you feel like you where an old friend. He would make you feel like you were an equal even if you just started out learning prospecting. He was also a great character around a camp fire with a stubby or two telling yarns.  

This is the type of person that we are looking for. So if you think that you may know of someone, male or female that has the same values and ethics as Jim please contact me through this site. You can nominate more than one person if you wish.
But PLEASE do not nominate anyone on the open forum as your nomination has to got to a full committee first.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations  Empty Re: Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Wombat wrote:We are now taking nominations for this years Jim Stewart Memorial Trophy. The criteria that we are looking for has to reflect what Jim Stewart stood for and the type of man he was.

Jim was the kind of person that would help anyone, give advice to those that asked without wanting anything in return. He gave this with a kind smile and a warm heart. His knowledge about prospecting was respected by all those that knew him. He would go out of his way to help others. Jim would except you and make you feel like you where an old friend. He would make you feel like you were an equal even if you just started out learning prospecting. He was also a great character around a camp fire with a stubby or two telling yarns.  

This is the type of person that we are looking for. So if you think that you may know of someone, male or female that has the same values and ethics as Jim please contact me through this site. You can nominate more than one person if you wish.
But PLEASE do not nominate anyone on the open forum as your nomination has to got to a full committee first.
wombat Wink

The Bash Committee are still taking nominations for Jim Stewart Memorial Trophy. You may nominate anyone that you think matches the criteria above and is worthy for selection.
But PLEASE DO NOT nominate on the open forum. Send me a PM with the nominated persons name and a reason why you think that person is worthy of the Jim Stewart Trophy.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations  Empty Thank you for the award.

Post  Imadogman Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:39 pm

I was very surprised, and honoured, to be presented with the Jim Stewart Memorial Trophy at the bash, in recognition of the effort I have put in to advance fossickers' interests as the President of the NSW and ACT Prospectors' and Fossickers' Association Inc (NAPFA).

Thank you to those kind souls who nominated me for this award and for the committee who made the final choice.

It was a complete surprise for me, but it is appreciated.  Very Happy

I will be doing my best in the future to live up to it!  

Thanks!

Stephen Dangaard.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations  Empty Re: Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Our pleasure Stev you earned it mate.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Yes well done Stephen.

As Wombat said, you deserve it.

Thanks for all your hard work for the fossickers of Nsw.
Thank you,
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Congratulations Steve.. Q15
 you definitely deserve the award.. Q38 Q38 Q38

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Congratulation Steve

coffeee is on you in our spot in Maryborough next time:) ( We can swap chairs any time)

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Jim Stewart Menorial Trophy Nominations  Empty -jim-stewart-menorial-trophy-nominations

Post  Guest Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Congrats Steve Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Big congrats from me as well Steve.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down