Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Hicup with my 7000

Go down

First Hicup with my 7000 Empty First Hicup with my 7000

Post  Brett J Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi All,
Just came back last night from a couple of days out with my 7000 and noticed a line on the LCD display about two mm wide.
Have rang Minelab and they said it has happened a couple of times but they said they will replace the screen which is great.
The 7000 has been great so just a small hiccup, just the inconvenience of having to send to SA.
Have a great new year to all. Thanks
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-24

Back to top Go down

First Hicup with my 7000 Empty Re: First Hicup with my 7000

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Brett J wrote:Hi All,
Just came back last night from a couple of days out with my 7000 and noticed a line on the LCD display about two mm wide.
Have rang Minelab and they said it has happened a couple of times but they said they will replace the screen which is great.
The 7000 has been great so just a small hiccup, just the inconvenience of having to send to SA.
Have a great new year to all. Thanks

G'day Brett

I think it may be a bit more often than a "couple of times" I've heard of a few now.  It don't seem to interfere with the performance, so long as you can still read the screen to make changes to settings etc.

Mate if I was you I would be letting the dealer I bought it from send it back to ML at their cost, otherwise be prepared for a costly postage bill + insurance on the item.  It's up to you. Remember this is warranty repair and not your fault.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett J Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi Dave
Good call, will do.
Is disappointing as I treat it with like a baby.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Thanks
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Do you have to send back the whole detector or just the part with the faulty screen?
I`ve got a little problem with my upper shaft and Minelab have said I can just send back the shaft.
I seem to recall Qld Sandy got a screen replaced for someone without the detector having to go back.   Maybe the whole thing can be done where you bought it.
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett J Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi Phoenix
I rang them and they said to just send the screen and chassis as it is all part of the handle so will be a little bulky.
You will be able to just send the shaft as they are good with warranty issues. Cheers Brett
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down