Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth

+21
fatdh
jdbb
flouro
secret gold
joe82
cabletie
bowy
spinifex
vmastronerd
Detrackozi
staples61
pax211
austdiscounts
duster
bobc
Goldbait
Brickie
fatninja
maka
goldfather
Jim.
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth

Post  geof_junk Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm

A big thanxs to you David for answering staples61 question. By the way I do enjoy your screen shot when you help people.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth

Post  Detrackozi Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm

geof

Thanks fine I'am glad I can help out

As you know to show or hands on is the best way to show those that find it hard to get there head around it Smile Smile

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  staples61 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks David for your answers to my question.
I have no clue when it comes to that stuff.
Thanks for taking the time to make it simple for me.
And thanks Geoff for posting the original info.

Staples

staples61
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  vmastronerd Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:16 pm

austdiscounts wrote:Sorted it Very Happy

Hi,
I am trying to do the same but have had no luck. Do you mind sharing how you did this?

Thanks in advance

vmastronerd

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  spinifex Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:43 pm

HELP !!!
I thank someone I am bald, because if I had hair it would be all pulled out after today.
I am just about there. I have installed Hema 4WD Map App and also Memory -Map and finally got the hang of working them. I am now onto loading the Historical Gold Mines into Memory-Maps and from there to Hema. 
When I try to save the GPS Exchange Format file from the first post, its in XML format and I can not change it. The other option is All Files.
I would be most grateful for anyone help.
Pete

spinifex
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Pete,
If you mean that it shows up in your browser as a xml file. Then use your browser .....Page.... Save as....and then name it as a gpx extension   Like Tasmania.GPX or Nsw.GPX 

If this is not the case PM me some more detail.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm

vmastronerd wrote:
austdiscounts wrote:Sorted it  Very Happy

Hi,
I am trying to do the same but have had no luck. Do you mind sharing how you did this?

Thanks in advance

vmastronerd,
I don't know any thing about Iphones but I did google using KMZ in Iphones it appears that you need to have an GoogleEarth app but you should try google it might mean more to you than me.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bowy Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
bowy Q40
bowy
bowy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm

File den has stopped functioning so deletetd links in first post.   Have to come up with a solution
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Replacing Lost Files when FILEDEN crashed.

Note WA files have changed, they now have type or mining, gold yield and district.
        Can now be fully loaded in OziEplorer (under 10,000 waypoints)
        NSW have minor change (some invalid syntax removed)

Replacement is in progress please PM me if you find any errors or failure.

All Files are at start of this Topic.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Empty Up date of Vic historical gold mine files

Post  geof_junk Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Victorian historical gold mines have been changed and all formats have been complete. The information should be more relevant for prospector.

All files are in the FIRST POST of this topic. Please let me know if any problems exits

Regards Geof.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks geof_junk for taking the time to make these available. Just what I was looking for,

Very Happy   cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm

I have up-dated some QLD files.........HistoricalGoldMinesQLD.gpx 156KB
HistoricalGoldMinesQLD.xls 2.1MB
NewHistoricalGoldMinesQld.kmz 300KB
NewHistoricalGoldMinesQld.kml 275KB

They have been coded so the main commodity is first for example Gold is first in gold mines and copper first in copper mines etc, all mines contain gold.
More file types still in the works. By the way Queenland seem to be the most popular download files in the last 12 months.

ALL DOWNLOADS ARE IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  cabletie Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:40 pm

The victorian ones dont even show the old mines. Only mines like the one still working in ballarat. So annoying im trying to find one for hours now? Why has it changed?
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2012-08-12

https://youtu.be/s_5Td2wPusA

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:58 pm

cabletie wrote:The victorian ones dont even show the old mines. Only mines like the one still working in ballarat. So annoying im trying to find one for hours now? Why has it changed?

Just got back from Mallacoota check out Vic historical gold mines they are still working OK still nearly 4 and a half thousand mines lucky to have a couple dozen working mines in Vic now
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:55 pm

cheers jen!!!!!! I have the mines overlay on google witch is bloody handy to say the least but was wondering if there was an actual mining lease overlay the same as the mines one???? cheers joe

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi Joe I have done the same for Areas that interest me. There is a lot of work getting the data and filtering out all the non gold material. Here is a Link for NorthQldHistoricalGoldLeases......HistGoldLeaseLink......
I will also put the link under Misc in the first post of this topic.

Last edited by geof_junk on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  secret gold Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 pm

geof_junk wrote:[quote="

Just got back from Mallacoota check out Vic historical gold mines they are still working OK  still nearly 4 and a half thousand mines lucky to have a couple dozen working mines in Vic now[/quote]

four and a half thousand you say ? there's a lot more than that witch are not marked on any maps

more like half a million mines

secret gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Empty QLD Mining GOOGLE OVERLAY

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Qld EPM (Exploration Permit Minerals)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WiYXamgm1DMEIzek1LamFJUGc/view?usp=sharing

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Image5_zpsa483c98d

Last edited by Detrackozi on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:10 pm

QLD Mining Claims

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WiYXamgm1DUW45WUNCT2VQRjg/view?usp=sharing

Once you open it in Google Earth, type in the search box Rubyvale or Sapphire and you will see a lot in that area private Gem Claims

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Image2_zps52e60de2

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Image4_zps4809fe98
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:44 pm

QLD Mining Lease 2015

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WiYXamgm1DMkQxRko0YnJUNTg/view?usp=sharing

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Image6_zpsc39706a4

Historical Gold Mines in Google Earth - Page 2 Image7_zpsa6328eab
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi David, they should get some info from those files. I tend to search the historical one first to get a location and then do what you have done on the hot spots that interest me. I hope we are not giving away to many TRADE SECRETS Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess us old hands can't help ourselves.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  flouro Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi David,Geof,

I've downloaded the historical mines for GE a while ago but since then have downloaded "locate" for GE and this gave me more mines and the ability to left click on them and get Minedex info and exact location

What I've noticed though is info for modern mines and leases is sorely missing, this would save me using GE to investigate every sq kilometre looking for gradings.....mind you I think I've located them all, I just draw a line around them and store them on GE

Also, locate has the ability to show another sometimes better aerial photo of the GE area, also gives tenements

Cheers, Ron(Authere)

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Ron, I have listed only historical mines on this forum. I use WA data files in a GIS program and can bring up Google Earth image of all past and present mining tenements and leases and geo features in my own colour scheme to highlight my selected interest.

The post has now past 13,000 hits. A state by state downloads are:-

At the end of March 2015 are    
                                               NSW ...... 774
                                               NT    ...... 394
                                               QLD  ...... 839
                                               SA    ...... 452
                                               TAS  ...... 247
                                               VIC   ...... 891
                                               WA    ..... 662
This give you an idea of the number of people interested in our hobby. I am trying to get all my files change over to Microsoft's  OneDrive  before FileSnack fully closes down, so these file can remain available to members on this forum.

..............Link to Post.........

Last edited by geof_junk on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added statistics)
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jdbb Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:12 pm

I've tried to download this file - HistoricalGoldMinesWA.wpt - but I keep getting a message that it's been blocked because it may contain a virus or spyware.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with this file or any of the others listed?

regards
John

jdbb
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:44 pm

jdbb wrote:I've tried to download this file - HistoricalGoldMinesWA.wpt - but I keep getting a message that it's been blocked because it may contain a virus or spyware.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with this file or any of the others listed?

regards
John

John I have just downloaded WA.wpt and loaded it in Ozi and it ran OK AVG virus passed it. What the problem seem to be is that the site (filesnack) has file save on it by many people some of which may be suspect. I assume that your browser has acted on the safe side. Try another Browser (or over ride it) or else send me an email address via the PM (personal message) and I will Email you a copy.

Regards Geof.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jdbb Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks Geof. I tried switching off AVG and windows protection but something else is still blocking it.

I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks again for your help.

regards
John

jdbb
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Emails sent to those that requested a copy of WA Ozi Waypoints let me know if this does not solve your problems

Regards Geof.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  jdbb Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Email received Geof and the file opens in Ozi.

Many thanks for your assistance and for making these files available for our use.

regards
John

jdbb
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  fatdh Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner in gold detecting. Actually, I haven't been on the field Smile, just beach combing but wanna try to find some nuggets Smile
Unfortunately, the links don't work for me, could someone share VIC points, etc by email please? Would highly appreciate.

Thanks

fatdh
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-11-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next