Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Minelab,are you listening??????

+13
kon61
vasilis
BatchelorGold
gravel
AUoptimist
1anSDC
GoldProspector
goldnomad
Jack outwest
IGotBigNuggets
gullyhunter
Digginerup
rc62burke
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Minelab,are you listening?????? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Minelab,are you listening??????

Post  BatchelorGold Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

Fellas enough of the My Old Fella is bigger than your Old Fella stuff and let's get an answer from minelab on when and if we are going to see done bigger coils or not for this baby.

BG
BatchelorGold
BatchelorGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

"Minelab,are you listening?????? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Minelab,are you listening??????

Post  Jay Gold Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:21 pm

From a reliable source..... bigger coils are not due out for another year. Don't shoot the messenger.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Well,at least they're not saying they won't be designing any JayMowgrass. Whether sooner or later (preference to sooner of course),good news none the less.
I couldn't agree more BatchelorGold. Like the Initial thread states "Minelab,Are You Listening?"  Q10 Aaaoooummmm

Cheers gents, Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Have to agree with Kon on this one. We are getting good results here in Vic because the GPZ is a smooth run compared to the GPX series.
Now that gold has depleted and getting harder to find the new machine is giving us an extra chance at finding some tricky targets.
I know there are many variables to consider in this game but it certainly helps having a smoother detector.
As for other states I cannot comment from personal experience yet.
cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 pm

We have heard good and bad stories about the 7000. I've outlayed the $10.7k, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
What'll really pee me off is, if ML somewhere down the track decide that maybe the 7000 was rushed and they come out with a new upgraded machine and they say the 7000 can't be upgraded with new software.
Heaven forbid it happens, if it does, I won't be happy.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Shocked affraid If that's the case,we're cactus Doofus. Sad Heavens forbid,they don't pull a shifty like that on us.
With all the hype of good/bad and the ugly,going on with the current GPZ at the moment,who'd be dumb enough to purchase another so called "updated GPZ" model for say around $12,000+? Surely they've made allowances for new software updates? Rolling Eyes Shocked affraid Q41

Cheers Kon. Q23
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:03 pm

I sincerely hope the 7000 can be upgraded if ML make changes. Only time & ML will tell.
Until I get the chance to use mine, I really can't say one way or another, and I won't. But, once on the ground, I will give an honest report of how I find it working in WA ground.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:29 pm

From a little birdy.... The next machine ML release will be from the GPX series and not a GPZ. Again...... don't shot the messenger. Very Happy
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 pm

JayMowgrass wrote:From a little birdy.... The next machine ML release will be from the GPX series and not a GPZ.      Again...... don't shot the messenger. Very Happy

And here it is Jay.

Took my cam deep inside ML's R&D department and got a few candid snaps.
Introducing the new GPX 7500 with ZVT and F.E.R.R.E.T technology, *Up to 40% depth advantage over a standard GPX 5000 without squealing like a Pi$$ed ferret

*Terms and conditions apply

"Minelab,are you listening?????? - Page 2 Gpx_7510

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:56 pm

T05 Q24 Q25 Q35 Q28

Cheers yellowfin, Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  1anSDC Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 am

JayMowgrass wrote:From a little birdy.... The next machine ML release will be from the GPX series and not a GPZ.      Again...... don't shot the messenger. Very Happy

I'm predicting it will be the missing number from the Minelab series of detectors. It will be a GPX 6000 and will come to market with two coils one being an 8" mono which will be used with the new MPF, fast Tx switch off timing.

It will be for all practical purposes a GPX 5000 & SDC 2300 combined with updated electronics! Combine this with the new coils coming out from CT and NF and it will close the gap to the GPZ 7000 considerably.

Ian

1anSDC
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm

1anSDC wrote: I'm predicting it will be the missing number from the Minelab series of detectors. It will be a GPX 6000 and will come to market with two coils one being an 8" mono which will be used with the new MPF, fast Tx switch off timing.

It will be for all practical purposes a GPX 5000 & SDC 2300 combined with updated electronics! Combine this with the new coils coming out from CT and NF and it will close the gap to the GPZ 7000 considerably.

Ian

Ian, can't see why Minelab would introduce something close to a GPZed. It would only take sales away from it.
If anything, I think Minelab will stop making the 5000 soon, forcing you to make a choose between the SDC or the GPZed only.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  1anSDC Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 pm

SlimPickens, you are probably right!
It would not present much of a technical challenge for ML to incorporate MPF into the GPX5000 feature set. The problem would be as you say, a new GPX6000 product would take sales away from the GPZ7000.
It would make prospectors happy along with the coil manufacturers. It would also probably appeal to those holding off and waiting for a fix on the 7000's ground balance.
Its a shame what you say will probably be the outcome, as I think the market would snap up a new user friendly GPX6000 detector.

Ian

1anSDC
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2