Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Minelab,are you listening??????

+13
kon61
vasilis
BatchelorGold
gravel
AUoptimist
1anSDC
GoldProspector
goldnomad
Jack outwest
IGotBigNuggets
gullyhunter
Digginerup
rc62burke
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Minelab,are you listening?????? Empty "Minelab,are you listening??????

Post  kon61 Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:24 pm

C'mmon Minelab! What's the delay with the introduction of that larger GPZ coil?  I'v been seeing large lumps of gold surfacing,from great depths in my sleep lately,only to be rudely awoken to the sound of a loud "Dong" and the wife standing over me,holding a large fry-pan for some reason.Shocked scratch
Don't keep us in suspense to much longer & release the "Gracken",cause I feel I'v got to, 'Run away', I'v got to, 'Get away', before more lumps appear on my scalp? Shocked

Cheers Kon. Shocked
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

"Minelab,are you listening?????? Empty Re: "Minelab,are you listening??????

Post  slimpickens Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Q33  Q28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sZrgxHvNNUc

Good luck with that Konner. Q10   Q35

Rumour I heard, is that the prototype was sent back to the R&D lab at Minelab to shave a bit off the 5 Kilo weight. They're also having trouble attaching the pill box for the free Panadeine Forte it will come with. rabbit

Last edited by slimpickens on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Well
I hope someone is listening!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes but you may not get an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked scratch scratch
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

As some wise fella here said,"big gold at incredible depth" requires a large,sturdy,heavy duty coil.Q41 C'mmon Minelab,you can do it.ShockedQ35

Cheers Kon.Q41
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:45 pm

When we went into minelab in adelaide last week, i asked about accessories for the gpz, like other coils and was told that they would be a long way off.
i suppose when they released the new gpz they did it as everybody was crying for it to come out and now that it is out to satisfy those that were crying, they are now copping flak left, right and centre. So they cannot win.
i know you will howl me down for saying this, but we wanted a new machine and my guess is they rushed the release forward for us hungry wanters.  Jist my 2 bob worth.
yes i have a gpz and i love my machine, and i cannot really understand the amount of negative threads. Yes there is some things that if on wants to, they can winge, but really i cannot complain. With my 4500 i always used a bungy, but have not yet unwrapped the harnes to use bumgy on the 7000. Do not find it a y heavier and with the control stik it makes it easier to use.
my soap box rant. TG

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:31 pm

kon61 wrote:As some wise fella here said,"big gold at incredible depth" requires a large,sturdy,heavy duty coil.Q41  C'mmon Minelab,you can do it.ShockedQ35

Cheers Kon.Q41    

Just wonder how much it will cost when released , will those who have spent $10,700 already  dish out another $1800 ?  Shocked

jack   scratch
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:53 pm

I've heard $2600+ for the larger coil.  T13

This is not going to happen any time soon.  Sales for the GPZ need to continue for a while yet.  The larger coil will be either the resurgence of further sales, due to all the 'suspected' larger bits still in the ground being found, or the death of the Zed due to lack of larger bits not found, with the $2600+ coil.  So enjoy using your current $1600 coil for now.

Time will tell.

V06  V18  <===== MINELAB
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:03 pm

As always, if it works, then to those with the wherewithal to properly pursue the prize, including good ground to use it on $1800 or $2800 for that matter will be small potatoes Wink to the majority of hobbyists it may be out of reach or slower coming.

$1600? is that what a replacement coil is worth at the moment?

Wayne. cheers

Last edited by Digginerup on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm

will those who have spent $10,700 already  dish out another $1800 ?  Shocked

jack   scratch[/quote]

Hi Jack , in relation to the $10,700 - The ROI for some could quite easily justify the purchase of a larger coil ...

Cheers
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 pm

gullyhunter wrote:

Hi Jack , in relation to the $10,700 - The ROI for some could quite easily justify the purchase of a larger coil ...

Cheers

Yep ' seems some will pay what ever ML  want to charge ' but how many score a ROI  ?

Jack   Wink
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Travelergold,the GPZ,has been almost 5 years in the making,so when you say pushed it on us earlier,because of our whinging,I say understand this.Everything is governed by the supply and demand scale and If it were't for us so called whingers,nothing would get done. Better that the new technology has hit the market sooner,allowing for update/improvements to take place down the track,than waiting 10 more years for the same technology to come along.
Fellas,we're not here to get our n**s in a knot,for where there's a will,there's always a way.
Yep I screamed to when first seeing the $10.700 price tag.affraid but,when I recovered from the initial price shock Shocked  affraid  and finally got a chance to test out the newly released technology,I realized not what I had spent,but the potential behind this new GPZ,especially when fully understood/utilized properly & accordingly.
Who is to say what another spends on what brings them joy? Is it not part of ones life?  If people are happy using what they currently have in their possession,then so be it.
I know I have only one life time,one chance of living it to the full,within this hobby of ours and can assure all here,enjoy it whilst you'v got it,for nothing lasts forever. Life's just to short no? Laughing
As far as the "ROI" goes,one can only get,what one is prepared to put into it.

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Digginerup wrote:

$1600? is that what a replacement coil is worth at the moment?

Yep I've been quoted $1600 from one dealer and $1650 from another for the current coil.  I then rang the insurance company and it is now fully insured for ANY damage.
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:14 pm

kon61 wrote:.
Who is to say what another spends on what brings them joy? Is it not part of ones life?  If people are happy using what they currently have in their possession,then so be it.
I know I have only one life time,one chance of living it to the full,within this hobby of ours and can assure all here,enjoy it ,for nothing lasts forever. Life's just to short no? Laughing

Cheers Kon.T25

That impressed me Kon Very Happy I did leave out your words ( whilst you'v got it ) many of us don't   Crying or Very sad   but that does not regress the spirit of your excellant post  .

Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 am

It was eight years Kon, not five.
You'll see Rohan's 20" before you see the Minelab offering I believe.

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:02 am

8 years in the making?,Well there you go Rob.More thoughts gone into this new GPZ technology than any before it.Its never to soon to bring out anything new.The sooner an item comes out,the sooner it can be refined and made better down the track.
If Rohan or Trevor can somehow,bring out a smaller/larger coil,than that of the standard 14x13,to suit the working capabilities of the GPZ 7000,before Minelab does,well,that will a bonus in itself,considering the latter 2 are strictly nothing par of exceptional,world renowned,coil manufacturers/designers,but I highly doubt it.That's why Minelabs gone strict & overboard with patents.
Bottom line Rob, "first in with any new technological advances,as always,will be first served"

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 am

Yes Kon, we have been waiting for a long time for the release of new technology.  I am personally  happy what minelab have offered us. And like you also said, we want to enjoy life to the max, including our hobbies. Life is short and some of us have less time due to illness or cancer ect. Myself if am now trying to tick a few boxes on my bucket list and i am still young, we have to be happy with what the powers to be give us. All i know is this new gpz will help us clean up hopefully many tens of oz's more when i can get back into our gold spot. 
i stand by my comment though that when this new machine came out that people could not see the forrest from the trees, so to speak. All the negativity and anybody would have thought it was a real dud. Now they are starting to realise what they can swing if they so choose. And re price, really it is only a few oz's of the yellow. Some will find lots and some will find little, just like fishing, some catch plenty and others catch nothing. TG
ps. I have not been able to upload any pictures with samsung tablet. Will not upload like laptop use to.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Hey Minelab? I know you're somewhere out there reading this,but what's happening with the coil manufacturing side of things,for the GPZ?
If we keep swinging the same 14x13 coil day in day out,It will be down to its rib cage,with the words "Help Me" protruding through its outer cover.Laughing

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  gravel Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Sorry, the machine is a dud, forests for the trees?
The machine under performs the 5 with a wise head attached.
Ground balancing is faulted by design, the machine is a step backwards.
Gold has been found in good amounts since detectors came out, and still is.
Ferrite? , $10700 ?
Depth, missed pieces on worked ground, whats new.
Vitriol to the purchases who battled for answers by some on this forum.
I don't write much , but suspected the machine failed on many levels
and wrote about it in previous posts.
Many good operators have ditched it.
I have been full-time for years and ill be ditching it after testing for months.
Not recommended for people who only want a few pieces for a hobby and are considering buying one,
might as well buy any other machine for that at less than half the price.
Not recommended full stop, half built , half tested.
Unless you like telling people that you own one, thanks and goodbye.

gravel
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:08 pm

gravel wrote:Sorry, the machine is a dud, forests for the trees?
The machine under performs the 5 with a wise head attached.
Ground balancing is faulted by design, the machine is a step backwards.
Gold has been found in good amounts since detectors came out, and still is.
Ferrite? , $10700 ?
Depth, missed pieces on worked ground, whats new.
Vitriol to the purchases who battled for answers by some on this forum.
I don't write much , but suspected the machine failed on many levels
and wrote about it in previous posts.
Many good operators have ditched it.
I have been full-time for years and ill be ditching it after testing for months.
Not recommended for people who only want a few pieces for a hobby and are considering buying one,
might as well buy any other machine for that at less than half the price.
Not recommended full stop, half built , half tested.
Unless you like telling people that you own one, thanks and goodbye.

Q33  T04

MINELAB ---->  V36
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldProspector Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 pm

minelab are not listening. my zed is a dud. I'm sending it back for servicing. p1ssed off after spending so much on it.

GoldProspector
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:15 pm

GoldProspector wrote:minelab are not listening. my zed is a dud. I'm sending it back for servicing. p1ssed off after spending so much on it.

Hey GoldProspector
Welcome to the forum, do you mind giving a little bit more information as to what your GPZ is doing or not doing???? this sort of info will help others if they are experiencing issue's.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldProspector Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 pm

I haven't used it in anger yet. but I'm getting cr8ppy 5c air test results

GoldProspector
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 pm

gravel wrote:Sorry, the machine is a dud, forests for the trees?

Sorry for your problems gravel, but that is definitely your opinion only, which you are entitled to make.... about your GPZed only, but that's not my experience with it. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one. It definitely outperforms my GPX 4500 which I've used for the last 5 years, err... in my opinion.
PS. The only thing I agree with you about is the outrageous price. And trust me when I say, if mine had been the lemon your describing, everyone would know about it!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:38 pm

GoldProspector wrote:I haven't used it in anger yet. but I'm getting cr8ppy 5c air test results

If your haven't even been out in the goldfields with it yet then I fail to see how you can possibly say it's a dud, the 5c test at home won't tell you much at all.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Shocked affraid Hey fellas,I only asked Minelab about what the hold-up/delay was,with the introduction of other size coils to suit the GPZ,not your detectors operating/performance issues? If anyone believes they've bought $10,700 worth of duds or faulty GPZs,I suggest you take your issues up with Minelab and quick,
I also hear that the odd person here/there,is/are selling their newly acquired GPZs due to the detectors appalling performance as compared to a GPX? May I ask these wise,professional,detecting guru's,is that what you'll be saying to the potential new buyer of your dismally performing GPZ? or something like "Ah yeah mate she's a ripper of a detector,but due to unexpected,unforeseen,health,family,or job commitments,I just haven't got the time for it?" Laughing Q35
Look,I'm not trying to hang s**t on anyone's misfortune here,but seriously,If anyone has purchased,what they believe to be a sub grade/faulty detector,regardless of what they paid for it,I'd be sending the faulty detector back to Minelab,stating exactly what the problem is/was ASAP.
By the way,Slimpickings and I,including 2 other detecting mates,all bought our detectors from different outlets.When tested against one another's detector,all 4 GPZs performed practically the same,on all targets tested. Now just so anyone here,don't think we're the "chosen ones", we figured there and then,we all either received 4 of the same duffers,or detectors we were all quite happy with. I can tell you for a fact,all 4 of us were quite happy with all the 4 GPZs performances,when put up against the GPX 4000/4500/5000/ SD 2200d

Cheers Kon. Q35
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  1anSDC Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Hey Kon, if you do get your wish and Minelab come to the party with a new large coil for your GPZ7000, then this caught my eye and may be the basis for the new Minelab Pro-Swing 50 harness!

I reckon it could handle just about any size coil you may wish to use and let Minelab go wild on coil size Very Happy

Have a look at this and tell what you think! http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/07/why-you-might-be-seeing-mechanical-exoskeletons-on-construction-sites-soon/

Ian

1anSDC
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gravel Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

kon61,
You asked Minelab?
But your more than happy eh?
Bigger gold , bigger eyes!
Your pulling a leg , not mine mate.
Misfortune is not mine any more than yours brother.
I don't endorse Minelab, nor do i want there favor.
I could get all hairy chested, and tell a story or two but no, not for the lucky 5.
Yes i am professional and i learn everyday
I could pull a piece or two from the bag and buy another 7, but i know its S__t.
7 days a week all year for years funny konny.

gravel
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi Kon,
Our group of three have 7000s and as with your group we have three pretty much identical machines purchased from two different suppliers.
We have been picking up significant amounts of gold from some of our old patches, not all of them though, that have been well and truely worked over with a 4500 and a couple of 5000s and that is just our group,and hell knows how many others have been over the same country.
An interesting specie came to light last trip from about 200mm down in red hot dirt, the 7000 pulled me up with a good sounding signal that was easy to hear; later two other blokes swinging a 4500 and a 5000 swung over the specie sitting on the surface, not the slightest beep was heard from either machine.
Are we happy with our 7000s, you can bet on that.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gravel Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 pm

AUoptimist.

I worked a patch for over six months, taught me a lot about geomorphology. Returned nearly 2 years later and pulled a 8+ ouncer and more +.
Totally happy i went back on that sunny afternoon with the same machine.

gravel
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:47 am

Gravel,so far as I can tell,my 7000 operates quite well over twig/leaf litter,without the unnecessary ground noises or balance issues you refer to. I also work over similar Victorian ground/soils,in and around the triangle.  
Its also quite obvious that you're more than happy operating the 5000? because all the GPZs (as you already know and state) are duffers. By all means,stick to you're 5000. Who am I to argue with that.
By the way,I'v made it quite clear that my,or any of my mates GPZs have so far,outdone the GPXs over "Gold" target tests,in all departments,regardless of timings or coils used on the 4500/5000.
Now if you'v found a way to run your GPX in "Normal" (and not in special/fine gold timing,or Enhance),smoothly and quietly without the 4500/5000 falsing over mineralized ground with every sweep of the coil,do let us all know your secret,for that's about the only hope a 4500/5000 would have in coming on terms with,or even surpassing the GPZs depth capability over gold.
As for endorsing a Minelab product? Hell yeh. I'd be happy to endorse any product I use,if it happens to do a better job than the previous product/s I was using,regardless of who the manufacturer is,or where the product comes from. Laughing  
By the way,did I mention I/we are all finding gold with the GPZs,over old patches/places,where we had wiped the floor with the GPXs, Ahh but what would I or we know to have found,or accumulated as a part time hobbyist,compared to a 7 day a week professional hey? Smile  

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next