Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit the Bullet on a New 7000

2 posters

Go down

Bit the Bullet on a New 7000 Empty Bit the Bullet on a New 7000

Post  Brett J Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi All,

Well after many years without a detector I have finally bit the bullet a purchased a new GPZ 7000 Very Happy Very Happy

Did a bit of a crash course on Sunday with Peter from Mine Lab in Bendigo and before the 1.00 pm start time decided to go out early at Whipstick to get a feel.

And that's where the bullets came into play with some shot as well. Still finding these small targets made time fly as was really enjoying myself and very happy with my new purchase.
Did a lot of research reading on this site and picked up some great tips. I am not fooling myself as I know I have a long way to go but have the bug really bad or good as I see it.

Am thinking of taking a sucking to go out for a day through the week but will keep that on the hush hush Razz Razz

Brett cheers
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-24

Back to top Go down

Bit the Bullet on a New 7000 Empty Re: Bit the Bullet on a New 7000

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2015 10:36 pm

G'day Brett

Good luck out there with your new purchase, it takes awhile to get the hang of the new beast, but if you haven't had another detector for a fair while you wont have to forget that one to get used to this one. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  UrbanFox Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 am

Brett J wrote:Hi All,

Well after many years without a detector I have finally bit the bullet and purchased a new GPZ 7000 Very Happy Very Happy
Brett cheers
On ya Brett. Get out there and use it as much as possible so you understand the machine and can get get the best from it.

I might follow you shortly.....re the 7000!
UrbanFox
UrbanFox
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett J Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks Guys,

Plenty of reading ahead but also as you say practice on the fields.
Going to look for some quieter ground as in less rubbish if that is possible then get used to the different signals.

Thanks, Brett
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-24

Back to top Go down