Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF is happening!

+14
rc62burke
norvic
kevlorraine2
kanga1934
Aurumick
goldquest
goldnomad
Narrawa
Boggy
goldchaser
pablop
kon61
CrazyPete
GoldHound
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WTF is happening! - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF is happening!

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Very Happy Very Happy i used to think scoops were sissy stuff, but a few years back i wore all the skin off my fingers picking up gold out of the rough dirt (in my dreams) so bought a scoop, snuck out the back country and got used to it. (its a nice pretty green colour LOL)

wouldnt be without it now, as i can recover the nugs a lot quicker, and i am working on trying to catch up to my dreams ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Ok!!  Rolling Eyes  Ok!!  Rolling Eyes I use a scoop too!..... V33  there I said it!,   V19 are you happy now  V24  its orange... and I made it out of some PVC pipe, I also wear knee pads and sometimes gators, they were purple, don t tell anyone  V46  but I tried to man them up a little with some camo colours, but basically they are still  purple.....oh! and I have a mosquito net arrangement that goes over my camp bed, it originally had frills round the top  Embarassed   , I cut them off and also tried to man that up a little by dying it black, I learned nylon/polyester does not take dye well and red is a component of black dye  Rolling Eyes and only succeeded in turning it a pale shade of mauve/pink Rolling Eyes, some unkind folks (lee) have suggested it is a little "princess " like Embarassed and cast aspersions on my manhood  Suspect .... but it keeps the bugs at bay while I snore Sleep   V01 and for the record my body pillow is chiropractic   Q13 Goddammit!!! and not a "cuddle" pillow as some have suggested ( Lee)  Rolling Eyes  oh! I also have a battery powered fan  T39   that hangs in my cot, tried it out in Feb up Georgetown way this year after a Dec trip proved nasty hot, 40+ days followed by 29-32 all night, mostly dry electrical storms hardy a breath of wind all night, as still as could be with loads of humidity, it meant the difference between a f&*%#ng hot sweaty sleep or just a hot sweaty sleep lol!  Don't judge me!  Q12

Wayne cheers

WTF is happening! - Page 2 Img_0010
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 pm

You don`t need a scoop, have my Z modified , press button wee leprechaun jumps out of control box and retrieves nugget.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:42 pm

norvic wrote:You don`t need a scoop, have my Z modified , press button wee leprechaun jumps out of control box and retrieves nugget.

Sounds handy T06 is that mod available for the GPX range?

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey Wayne, that mozzie net!!!
It's "Lilac" mate "Lilac" I tell ya & Ya Chiropractic Q35 Q35 Q35 Q24 Pillow it's just a "Cuddle"Q05 Q05 pillow no matter what spin you put on it Q25 Q25 Q25 Q25 Q24 Q41 Q41 "But sooo much better that the "FRILL" is gone"
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:33 pm

You'd think after all your years detecting Goldhound you would have the right equipment to detect. The hipstick, bungy and scoop are all there to make detecting easier for us all. The gold is getting smaller and the equipment gets heavier as you get older.
They told me to use a scoop over the west because of the prickles in the ground, so it was quite helpful. On coming back to Vic I used my fist to pick up the dirt to waive over the coil but the small nuggets kept on getting lost. Now I use the scoop all the time, it is so much easier.
You'll get there mate, you just need the experience.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hey Wayne, that mozzie net!!!
It's "Lilac" mate "Lilac" I tell ya & Ya Chiropractic Q35 Q35 Q35 Q24  Pillow it's just a "Cuddle"Q05 Q05  pillow no matter what spin you put on it Q25 Q25 Q25 Q25 Q24 Q41 Q41 "But sooo much better that the "FRILL" is  gone"

Razz Razz Razz  Geez your bloody sharp Lee, aint no foolin a firey V50 cheers lol!
But mate Very Happy  you did miss one other item on the table Suspect affraid Razz Razz Razz
Sorry Wayne couldnt help me self  T05  Q41  Q34

WTF is happening! - Page 2 Imagee10
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Jefgold wrote:You'd think after all your years detecting Goldhound you would have the right equipment to detect.  The hipstick, bungy and scoop are all there to make detecting easier for us all.  The gold is getting smaller and the equipment gets heavier as you get older.  
They told me to use a scoop over the west because of the prickles in the ground, so it was quite helpful.  On coming back to Vic I used my fist to pick up the dirt to waive over the coil but the small nuggets kept on getting lost. Now I use the scoop all the time, it is so much easier.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Shocked
Not the head honcho!
If the head honcho is using a scoop what hope do we lowly beggars have lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:52 pm

GoldHound wrote:
Jefgold wrote:You'd think after all your years detecting Goldhound you would have the right equipment to detect.  The hipstick, bungy and scoop are all there to make detecting easier for us all.  The gold is getting smaller and the equipment gets heavier as you get older.  
They told me to use a scoop over the west because of the prickles in the ground, so it was quite helpful.  On coming back to Vic I used my fist to pick up the dirt to waive over the coil but the small nuggets kept on getting lost. Now I use the scoop all the time, it is so much easier.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Shocked
Not the head honcho!
If the head honcho is using a scoop what hope do we lowly beggars have lol!

Come on over Brother Goldhound!............... come over to the dark side, pick up that scoop! ..... after all if were going to use our hands there's no point in moisturising is there lol!

Wayne.cheers

Last edited by Digginerup on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 am

Digginerup wrote:
norvic wrote:You don`t need a scoop, have my Z modified , press button wee leprechaun jumps out of control box and retrieves nugget.

Sounds handy T06 is that mod available for the GPX range?

Wayne. cheers

You`ll have to talk with Mick & Paddy about that. But they are pretty busy giving the Z the Woosy update. drunken

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey Goldhound, 

You can call the poop scoop the girly scoop 
But hey, have you seen the scoop JP uses....... It's called the "MAN" SCOOP...... So there you have it.  Q27

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 am

lol! The modern prospector never leaves home without the correct moisturising regime, its how I keep my boyish good looks Rolling Eyes lol!

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

WTF is happening! - Page 2 Empty WTF is happening

Post  noyungan Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 am

After reading all the blurbs about scoops, bungees and hipsticks I'm with the older chaps (or gals) who prefer to make things a little easier by using the extra gear. I had my first outing with my ancient GP complete with bungee, in the GT and I graduated from waving a handful of prospect over the coil to using a scoop, which meant I didn't have to brush a dirty hand on the strides.
After a coupla days I fitted the 14" terraqcotta and so graduated to a hipstick. What difference that made!! Even found a 1.27 gram at five inches. Maybe all the add ons helped.... So to all the machos I say " Just wait till youre going on 83 and see if you need a little help to keep you out of those places where ancient ones sit in a deck chair staring out to infinity. That's not for me !! I'd sooner 'go' waving the wand, bungee, scoop, hipstick an all...
Keep on pluggin,,, noyungan

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

WTF is happening! - Page 2 Empty Use what ever works

Post  Basada Sat May 09, 2015 9:41 pm

I use a bungee and a scoop. Never use to use either. Old age catches up and before you know it the body starts to tell you it needs help and support. Haven't bothered with a hip stik yet as I can get away with just a bungee. AR the scoop. I wasn't going to be seen dead with one of those. Fool me SDC2300 changed that. Sub grammers were easier to find and quicker. I shake my soil down before putting it over the coil. Advantage of using a scoop. No bites, quick and easy recovery of target, less ingress of soil between coil cover and coil. Now that I run a zed and pinpointing is not as good as an elliptical and targets are deeper and smaller with more soil dug out. A scoop just makes it easier. Common sense really.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2