Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

2 posters

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 pm

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  pablop Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:13 pm

I can confirm that it does not work in the Z.

Anyone need a new 3030 AA battery pack?
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Even if through alterations and rigging you could get the AA battery pack to work on the GPZ, it would not last long. The 3030 Li battery pack, which lasts a good long time on the 3030, lasts not more than 4 hours on the GPZ as the GPZ just seems to consume a lot more amps. I am told the AA battery pack lasts only 3 to 4 hours on the 3030, it would be probably well less than 2 hours on the GPZ. Enough to get you through the end of a long day if your battery ran out, or enough to allow you to dig that last good sounding target you were digging when the battery died, but not a lot of more time.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:52 am

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:37 pm

pablop wrote:I can confirm that it does not work in the Z.  

Anyone need a new 3030 AA battery pack?

A followup from my earlier post, I can confirm that if the voltage out of the 3030 power pack is reduced, by removing several of the cells, the Z will fire up, BUT I then got a message saying coil not connected, or something of that nature, almost as though they have a coil power lead coming via the battery pack connector and that is not provided by the 3030 power pack.

Perhaps this is something that one of the techo's or ML testers could verify from ML.  It would also be good to know if an AA battery pack is likely to be one of the future accessories that will come from ML.  

I don't plan on doing anything further myself as I don't want to void my warranty.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm

I can say that my local Miners Den people said that they did not know if it would work or not, so I can't put any blame there, so really it was my risk in my case for not verifying the suitability before purchase.

Hopefully the issue has been caught early enough so that not many people have been caught.

For the moment I will hang on to mine in case some technical info comes out that may assist.  While I have the technical know how to build a regulator, as said previously I don't wish to risk my warranty so would only do so if appropriate details were available from ML.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down