Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

+2
IGotBigNuggets
flyspecks
6 posters

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty No training day

Post  flyspecks Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:40 pm

yeah, my key ring was worth the 10.7 Q24 Smile . But I did get the hat too Smile Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  IGotBigNuggets Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Cutting costs where they can... just like all businesses, realistically though it is a much easier machine to use/learn.
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sodd Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Must kind of leave a sour taste in the mouth after spending that amount of money. I thought you were supposed to look after your customers ?
Cheers
Sodd

The Sodd
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2014-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:18 pm

I went to the 5000 training day when I first got mine...everyone there asked lots of questions about the use of their 5000's and the instructor was more than capable of not only answering them all but demonstrating usage and results with all the different coils assembled there with most new owners already using their favourite coils...my point?
Why would Minelab expose themselves to a training day on the 7000?...and who would be game to be an instructor?.....in case they said the wrong Company thing..and inadvertently did not follow official Company line...that's why I believe there has hardly been an official presentation....and verifiable test results...and we are left to rely on learners of their new machines posting their results as they learn its "capabilities"....any wonder potential buyers like myself sit back and look for a constant positive....and particularly in the GT......I'll settle for professional staged testing pits like we did/saw with the 5000's in the absence of any other info....
I believe Cal and Brian/Jen, Goldchaser/Darren Kamp/ etc etc etc have provided reports with absolute integrity....all unconnected with Minelab....however I still don't know this new detectors capabilities or limitations with any degree of certainty....
Look at all the threads that have been started and really not finished to anyone's satisfaction and perhaps more angst than positive reaction...which may be really unfair to Minelab...this may be a great machine and the 20" coil may make it fantastic...I sure as hell am not going to spend $10,700 of my money to find out, and also then find out I need to spend an additional how much?..on the 20" coil.... and when is it going to be available...?.and can the machine be upgraded in the future.....we have already established its relatively heavy..that's the easy part...what about these other questions that have been raised constantly under various guises.....just who to place trust in has been the first casualty..with 'sales spin' in various guises on most forums..
It's called 'due diligence' before making this substantial investment....due diligence does not relate to the line that is pushed.."we should buy one because everyone else is"....average intelligence is being less stupid that half of Australians and more stupid than the other half...we are all free to choose who we want to join....
When I bought my 5000 new from local dealer for $6000 odd I knew what I was getting and I don't mean the hat and key and one training day...I mean the detector...and JP had already given plenty of info on forums about it....not everyone bought one..that was their choice..very little angst from those who bought...no apparent buyer remorse....compare this to the 7000 since being issued..and at substantially more cost!
We hear reports of some professionals already handing them back or selling....how would I know what's the truth?.....remember when dealers and knowledgeable operators used to share acquired info.....it is absolute BS to state they are all so precious now in case their integrity is called into question...they didn't seem to have these problems in the past....however if they are subject to gags....or hold fears of retribution.......?..
The next poster that tells us to find out for ourselves and spend our own money....and not ask questions....is either protecting their own position/investment/connections or have never heard of due diligence.....hell I feel sorry for Cal who has attempted to make clear unemotional comments about his machine and then some XXXXXXX tells him to get over it or over himself...this is a Gold Detector Forum..and there has been a new detector manufactured and issued....how do buyers make any buying decisions based on all the collective information and mis-information...this one does not make a decision until I see it professionally marketed and with integrity..... do your worst as usual.......Hoo Roo

Last edited by larry303 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 am

davsgold wrote:Well the cap & key ring turned up today, and a letter, but no mention of the ML training day like with the previous machines, so we rang ML to ask about the training day.

Well we were informed that ML no longer offer a training day and was informed that the machine is much easier to use than the previous machines anyway. Shocked

I just said thanks and hung up. affraid confused Suspect

cheers dave
Gday Dave - this is a turn around. I enquired last week (as I could not see anything on dealers sites etc. about training) & was told that the training days for the 7000 (& all other training days from what I gathered) will now be facilitated through their certified dealers. I was told they would commence 7000 training days late March/early April once things settled down a little? It probably won't worry me even if it was next April Razz but I was interested to know what, if anything, would be offered training wise if I were to get one.

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Hmmm I didn't get a cap only the key ring... that sucks!
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxx Empty -no-training-day

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

larry303 wrote:I went to the 5000 training day when I first got mine...everyone there asked lots of questions about the use of their 5000's and the instructor was more than capable of not only answering them all but demonstrating usage and results with all the different coils assembled there with most new owners already using their favourite coils...my point?
Why would Minelab expose themselves to a training day on the 7000?...and who would be game to be an instructor?.....in case they said the wrong Company thing..and inadvertently did not follow official Company line...that's why I believe there has hardly been an official presentation....and verifiable test results...and we are left to rely on learners of their new machines posting their results as they learn its "capabilities"....any wonder potential buyers like myself sit back and look for a constant positive....and particularly in the GT......I'll settle for professional staged testing pits like we did/saw with the 5000's in the absence of any other info....
I believe Cal and Brian/Jen, Goldchaser/Darren Kamp/ etc etc etc have provided reports with absolute integrity....all unconnected with Minelab....however I still don't know this new detectors capabilities or limitations with any degree of certainty....
Look at all the threads that have been started and really not finished to anyone's satisfaction and perhaps more angst than positive reaction...which may be really unfair to Minelab...this may be a great machine and the 20" coil may make it fantastic...I sure as hell am not going to spend $10,700 of my money to find out, and also then find out I need to spend an additional how much?..on the 20" coil.... and when is it going to be available...?.and can the machine be upgraded in the future.....we have already established its relatively heavy..that's the easy part...what about these other questions that have been raised constantly under various guises.....just who to place trust in has been the first casualty..with 'sales spin' in various guises on most forums..
It's called 'due diligence' before making this substantial investment....due diligence does not relate to the line that is pushed.."we should buy one because everyone else is"....average intelligence is being less stupid that half of Australians and more stupid than the other half...we are all free to choose who we want to join....
When I bought my 5000 new from local dealer for $6000 odd I knew what I was getting and I don't mean the hat and key and one training day...I mean the detector...and JP had already given plenty of info on forums about it....not everyone bought one..that was their choice..very little angst from those who bought...no apparent buyer remorse....compare this to the 7000 since being issued..and at substantially more cost!
We hear reports of some professionals already handing them back or selling....how would I know what's the truth?.....remember when dealers and knowledgeable operators used to share acquired info.....it is absolute BS to state they are all so precious now in case their integrity is called into question...they didn't seem to have these problems in the past....however if they are subject to gags....or hold fears of retribution.......?..
The next poster that tells us to find out for ourselves and spend our own money....and not ask questions....is either protecting their own position/investment/connections or have never heard of due diligence.....hell I feel sorry for Cal who has attempted to make clear unemotional comments about his machine and then some XXXXXXX tells him to get over it or over himself...this is a Gold Detector Forum..and there has been a new detector manufactured and issued....how do buyers make any buying decisions based on all the collective information and mis-information...this one does not make a decision until I see it professionally marketed and with integrity..... do your worst as usual.......Hoo Roo
Hi Larry303, I must agree this release has become a guessing game.The dectector has been released for some weeks now, so should the relevent info not bits and pieces. Don't know why JP cannot say how it is? we will work it out ourselves no drama, but what about the buyers new to the game?? Rumours are ripe about about new coils having to be designed over the weight issue, if thats the case well say so and put purchasers mind at ease. The more rumours the more questions will be asked throwing more doubt about the new machine. thats my personal opinion. Smile

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm

IGotBigNuggets wrote:Hmmm I didn't get a cap only the key ring... that sucks!

Strange scratch You should have received a cap.
We did, so did our son..
Give the lovely ladies at minelab a call.
They might send you one out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Probably not enough trainers to train up the dealers who then can train the buyers scratch

Notice the dig holes in front of the happy mob below ! hard to yell if they have been trained up yet but at least most have got their caps '''    V53

xxxxxxxxxxxx DearLeader_zpsa54ce900

Last edited by Jack outwest on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : being silly)
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Jen58 wrote:
IGotBigNuggets wrote:Hmmm I didn't get a cap only the key ring... that sucks!

Strange scratch You should have received a cap.
We did, so did our son..
Give the lovely ladies at minelab a call.
They might send you one out.

I'll call them tomorrow... thanks for the suggestion.
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Think they were there to celebrate another successful missile launch. Hence the craters. Laughing

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Canned Heat wrote:Think they were there to celebrate another successful missile launch. Hence the craters. Laughing

That was funny ' thanks   Razz

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Jack outwest wrote:Probably not enough trainers to train up the dealers who then can train the buyers scratch

Meethinks that none of the testers, or Minelab staff will know all of the idiosyncrasies of the GPZ at this time, therefore it would very hard to train the trainers, using technical details that they themselves do not yet understand.

So, keep coming up with the reasoned questions and share your findings and over time the people who are out using and improving their understanding of the gear will come out on top.

No quick fix folk I am afraid.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:33 pm

pablop wrote:
Jack outwest wrote:Probably not enough trainers to train up the dealers who then can train the buyers scratch

Meethinks that none of the testers, or Minelab staff will know all of the idiosyncrasies of the GPZ at this time, therefore it would very hard to train the trainers, using technical details that they themselves do not yet understand.

So, keep coming up with the reasoned questions and share your findings and over time the people who are out using and improving their understanding of the gear will come out on top.

No quick fix folk I am afraid.

SHeeeze pablop you could be on the money  Cool  if you are then ' we will see the real truth manifest from those who spent their $10,700 in the near future .

jack
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down