Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig?

+2
kon61
Redfin
6 posters

Go down

How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig? Empty How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 pm

How deep a hole have you dug?? V11

With permission from Nuggetseeker
Here's how deep his blue beast made him dig 
1.1mt

How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig? 43DECB22-9F68-4F86-BCA9-A627632C8CE6_zpsaz6ydg8w

Unfortunately it wasn't gold at the bottom of the hole Sad
it was a 6mm bit of rio.

Back to top Go down

How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig? Empty Re: How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig?

Post  Redfin Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:27 pm

We know how he feels, Mrs Redfin and I dug a similar hole for a shotgun cap.
Then later in the day again, this time a wire sling, I'd say left over from when they took all the stumps out of the paddock.
It is only a matter of time before one of us does the happy dance.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig? Empty Re: How deep has the GPZ7000 made you dig?

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Almost 4 feet in depth.Now that's one bloody deep hole.It sure brings back some nightmare memories. Nuggetseeker,I can see the anguish of disgust in your eyes.I certainly wouldn't want to be close to ya,when the first sight of rubbish came to light.I might have ended up permanently planted there,for some reason or another Laughing Well that's proof beyond doubt,that the GPZ certainly don't lack depth,on larger conductive targets.

Cheers for the photo, Jen.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 am

I haven't had any big targets yet, but the small ones seem to lurk deeper than in the past...
looks like we have to go for the next generation digging tool looking at Nenad's video...
pretty impressive depth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Ef9AgsN-c
George

Last edited by bedrock on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:59 am

l've now dug a couple of deep holes for junk 4 foot for the point of a pick head pointing upwards don't know if it was a full pick or not because too stuffed to keep digging and a slightly shallower hole for a thin metal strip. Both had me going and yes the dissapoitment showed through with a few choice words and a reminder about not counting your chickens
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:43 pm

I thought I'd add something here guys.I can not talk for the majority of what other detectorists have encountered over the years,but from just about all of my past experiences,digging for gold,ferrous and non ferrous objects,I'v come to the conclusion that what ever depth one gets on a piece of lead,just take about 25% off less in depth,for a similar sized piece of gold or vice versa (25% greater depth over a piece of lead than similar in size piece of gold) and you'll find most of the time you'll be right on the money.
Who know's,maybe others have experienced similar occurrences?

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  nuggetseeker Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi all just got back from the bush where the gold was quite thin but the company more than made up for it .
Thanks to all for a great break.

Hi Kon. yes i did quietly let an expletive rip. it was quiet as i was too knacker to let rip.

Cheers John

nuggetseeker
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm

I have dug a couple holes close to a metre or just over for pieces of iron about 10cm x 2cm in size. With the GPZ I am digging far deeper holes for small nuggets compared with the holes I dug with the 4500.

I now make sure my pick is sharp, and with the Zed the crowbar has been out of the troopy a number of times.
If you have a Zed I think you should carry a crowbar and also carry a set of 5kg scales in your vehicle...for when that 4 feet deep target isn't trash. Very Happy
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Tributer wrote:
If you have a Zed I think you should carry a crowbar and also carry a set of 5kg scales in your vehicle...for when that 4 feet deep target isn't trash. Very Happy
Tributer

No need, they have a weighbridge just outside of Maryborough.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down