Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any members using an audio booster on the 7000.

2 posters

Go down

Any members using an audio booster on the 7000. Empty Any members using an audio booster on the 7000.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone is running a booster on their 7000 through the wireless speaker?
Also, were there any wiring changes from the set-up we are/were using on the 4500/5000's?
I have a custom made dual booster with dual volume controls and a volume limit switch that I have come to like on my 5000, very versatile in windy conditions and when a loud target is encountered; all of the controls are at hand and quick to adjust.
I seem to recall seeing JP with one of his BZ's on one of his 7000 vids and a reference to boosters on the 7000 from another forum member.
Thanks, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Any members using an audio booster on the 7000. Empty Re: Any members using an audio booster on the 7000.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 pm

AUoptimist wrote:I seem to recall seeing JP with one of his BZ's on one of his 7000 vids and a reference to boosters on the 7000 from another forum member.
Thanks, AUoptimist.

G'day AUoptimist

We ran the B&Z booster on the 7000 to day, same setup as on the 4500/5000. Just that it can plug into the audio module of the 7000, where the headphone plug is, and that way you still remain cord free, except for the bungy. Very Happy

You can also plug the B&Z booster into the back of the 7000 where the headphone plug goes, not done this as the lead is a bit short and defeats the cordless idea.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Any members using an audio booster on the 7000. Empty Re: Any members using an audio booster on the 7000.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi Davsgold,
Many thanks for the info, are you running dual speakers on your 7000?
My thoughts were that I may have to change from a mono jack to a stereo jack wired the same at the headphones to run the dual speakers (dual amps).
It was great to meet up and put some faces to forum members at Hill End a couple of weeks back, it was a good meeting.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:51 am

AUoptimist wrote:Hi Davsgold,
My thoughts were that I may have to change from a mono jack to a stereo jack wired the same at the headphones to run the dual speakers (dual amps).
It was great to meet up and put some faces to forum members at Hill End a couple of weeks back, it was a good meeting.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

Like wise AUoptimist, good to meet you as well.

Yes dual speakers, I just unplugged the B&Z cable from the GPX4500 battery and plugged straight into the WM module where you would plug headphones, as soon as you do this it cuts the sound from the WM module speaker and you then have control from the B&Z system. I am very used to running the B&Z on the 4500 with dual/twin speakers and I defiantly like the sound and target response you get using it on the new 7000.

So in a nutshell I just used the old harness with the speakers and B&Z already set up on it unplugged it from the GPX battery, hooked the WM module on the harness beside the B&Z and plugged straight into it.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Many thanks Dave.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am

AUoptimist wrote:Hi Davsgold,

If you're using the B & Z, contact Jonathan Porter and ask him about how to wire up the mono plug to make it stereo. I hope I'm not telling how to suck egg AUoptimist. Just trying to help

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down