Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ?

5 posters

Go down

The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ? Empty The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ?

Post  hugh62 Wed May 20, 2015 8:20 am

I admit I've only watched half a dozen or so video clips of the 7000 in action ,and whilst I was impressed with the depth and in particular on small Gold ,IN THOSE SITUATIONS  I couldn't help but notice that the signal was very faint ,and almost could be mistaken for a ground noise ? or even a warble in the threshold tone ? I also appreciate the fact that audio quality on the video could play a major hand in this too !?
    And secondly from what I've read and seen of the 7000 ,it appears to be a totally different kettle of fish than compared to a Gpx series for instance ,and whist I appreciate the fact that everybody's learning curve/ adjustment is different , everything you've become accustomed to /comfort zone / learnt / etc with the GPX series , basically has to get thrown out the window so to speak ??
    And lastly as a afterthought ,I notice that with the 7000 ,under a soil timings setting, you could virtually filter  OUT severe ground noise / hot rocks etc ,I know they can be a pain sometimes ,even when the odd one slips thru on the 5000 ,but as we know in most cases we can work out quickly what it is ?? is this similar on the 7000 ??
   Any way these are just some observations / thoughts I have on the 7000 and appreciate any comment and thanks in advance .  Smile
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ? Empty Re: The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ?

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 9:52 am

G'day Hugh, It seems it's not really acceptable to state anything but "good/positive" results...however on the Finders Site...very experienced operator Bilbo has just made two honest posts regarding his first 3 weeks usage of his 7000...he is having majorly salt/ iron saturation signal problems....Bilbo owns leases through the W.A. Leonora to Laverton areas with heavy machinery for 'pushing' the surfaces so he is not working salt lakes per se...he's been using detectors successfully for 30 odd years..has mainly been a Minelab man with previous detectors, so his reports were awaited by me, and others, as generally, he tells it like it really is....he is less than pleased with his pathetic results for 3 weeks work...in known producing gold grounds...

My post may be removed referring to his results, however he is most unlikely to come over here and post in the 'exclusive' area where positive results are shared... however his results I feel should also be included in the bigger picture particularly for W.A. goldfields...I will be meeting up with him in a few weeks over there at Laverton and should get a chance to see him working first hand...Page 2 of the 40% deeper thread, and page 27 Politics Page outline his past 3 weeks results....telling someone with Bilbo's known track record with detecting, to suck eggs by the nay sayers, doesn't wash, as he has been reading all the various suggested set ups, and I understand he has contacted ML as well...I believe what he is experiencing to be correct/honest assessment by him.....anyways just another point of view....a point of view that usually gets stifled immediately they appear as 'operator error' ...Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ? Empty Re: The Audio Response On The 7000 ? and the learning curve adjustment from a GPX series ?

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 am

It seems there are good reports and there are bad reports, if you only choose to take notice of the bad reports and ignore the good reports you will get the idea that the machine is not real good.

I must admit that I was having trouble for the first week or so and couldn't understand what was wrong, was it me or was it the machine, in the end it was the machine, it was jammed in limbo and was making the noises that Bilbo describes.

I got some very good help from JP to get the machine back on track and now you would not think it was the same machine, it runs along very nice, finds gold, and the noises that were coming from this beast have disappeared.

It is nothing like a gpx5000 or 4500 and I guess to start with I was trying to use it like one, you need to use it like a 7000 and that is from the time you turn it on and do the walk swing thing for the first 10 or so seconds each and every time you turn it on.

Yes it has a softer signal response than what I was used to with the previous machine but it is still a very recognizable target response.

Did I like the machine to start with, NO I didn't, do I like the machine now, YES.  Has it found gold that the 4500 could not hear YES, on a few occasions, when we cross checked a very quiet signal that the 7000 could hear we could not get a response at all with the 4500, was this a piece of gold to get excited about, well no they were all just sub gram pieces at a depth just out of range for the 4500.  These small pieces on areas we have flogged ourselves on previous years.  Is there much gold left on these flogged patches, no the previous machines done a fairly good job.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed May 20, 2015 11:39 am

Hey Dave
Mate can you please elaborate on the "Jammed in Limbo" statement & how you fixed it?
This is the sort of info that may help folks out that experience issue's like this & may in-fact help Bilbo.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed May 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Lee, the reset procedure that Dave is talking about was explained at https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21493-how-to-remove-noise-from-debris-gpz-7000#209929 have a read also at the posts above and below it. Dave might elaborate more if this exactly what he did to fix his problem...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed May 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks Costas
I did not check that thread
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed May 20, 2015 2:06 pm

[quote="hugh62"]I admit I've only watched half a dozen or so video clips of the 7000 in action ,and whilst I was impressed with the depth and in particular on small Gold ,IN THOSE SITUATIONS  I couldn't help but notice that the signal was very faint ,and almost could be mistaken for a ground noise ? or even a warble in the threshold tone ? I also appreciate the fact that audio quality on the video could play a major hand in this too !?
    And secondly from what I've read and seen of the 7000 ,it appears to be a totally different kettle of fish than compared to a Gpx series for instance ,and whist I appreciate the fact that everybody's learning curve/ adjustment is different , everything you've become accustomed to /comfort zone / learnt / etc with the GPX series , basically has to get thrown out the window so to speak ??
    And lastly as a afterthought ,I notice that with the 7000 ,under a soil timings setting, you could virtually filter  OUT severe ground noise / hot rocks etc ,I know they can be a pain sometimes ,even when the odd one slips thru on the 5000 ,but as we know in most cases we can work out quickly what it is ?? is this similar on the 7000 ??
   Any way these are just some observations / thoughts I have on the 7000 and appreciate any comment and thanks in advance .  Smile[/quote]

Mate I don't understand where you want go with your post, ovviously you are not happy with the reports that you are reading on the forum or the video on youtube, first of all nobody ever said that the 7000 was similar to the 5000, second you don't have to throw from the window what you learn about the GPX, just don't buy the GPZ if you are happy with the 5000 .
I had the 5000 was happy but I decided to buy the new detector, I completely forgot about the old machine and start fresh with the new, I am very happy that I did it,
I find gold where I used to detect before, so for me is all good.
Cheers

goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 4:59 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hey Dave
Mate can you please elaborate on the "Jammed in Limbo" statement & how you fixed it?
This is the sort of info that may help folks out that experience issue's like this & may in-fact help Bilbo.

G'day Lee

The link that Costas has put up explains it well, it explains the problem I had and how it was fixed.

Now the 7000 is finding gold, 4 to 5 grams a day on old patches, so since it has been fixed I have done aprox 9 days detecting, not very long days I must admit, but I have around 21 grams with it so far, biggest is 3.3 gram, and today 8 bits, with the biggest for today a 2.1 gram piece.

Deepest bits would be around 12", and others not far under the surface, mostly 4" to 6" deep on average. would the 4500 got them? it would have got some but not all, we did cross check on some occasions and not all gave a response on the 4500, so far everything the 4500 could hear, also the 7000 could give a decent response on.

I have no doubt that an SDC2300 would find some of the same small shallow targets that the 7000 is getting.

One benefit I see with the 7000 is with the one and only coil it can get small tiny shallow pieces and also get small to medium size pieces deeper, (I use the word medium loosely) because I have not found what I would really call a decent size piece yet, but if the coil goes over a larger piece I have no doubt it would respond to it.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm

It seems Larry was a member this morning and this evening is gone!!! His post had shown his name this morning and now displays as posted by a guest. I've always found his posts entertaining and enjoyed reading them. Can someone tell me what's going on? Question
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:It seems Larry was a member this morning and this evening is gone!!! His post had shown his name this morning and now displays as posted by a guest. I've always found his posts entertaining and enjoyed reading them. Can someone tell me what's going on? Question

Larry decided of his own accord to resign from this forum, he may come back and rejoin at some stage. Once a member deletes there account as Larry has done then all there post will show up as "Guest" that's just the way it works.

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Sun May 24, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks for that frank and honest reply Davsgold ,Dave just wondering when you cross checked signals with the 4500 ,can you remember what size coil you had on the 4500 ? ,just curious !  Smile
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 am

hugh62 wrote:Thanks for that frank and honest reply Davsgold ,Dave just wondering when you cross checked signals with the 4500 ,can you remember what size coil you had on the 4500 ? ,just curious !  Smile

G'day Hugh

The coil on the 4500 was a Nugget Finder 14"x9" elip spoked mono, this setup on the 4500 has been a very good combo over the years and found plenty of gold.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down