Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ truth?

+7
Narrawa
Cal
Digginerup
papoutsi
Hermann
geofflee
rc62burke
11 posters

Go down

GPZ truth? Empty GPZ truth?

Post  Hermann Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 pm

This is serious stuff. I was scraping my life savings together to get the GPZ7000, then I read to my horror on this forum that the 3 pros. who were testing this machine, and stated that it "didn't cut the mustard", and they are keeping their 5000. This will damage Minelab's business. Minelab would know the names of these people and should take them to court very quickly. I would travel all the way to Adelaide to sit in the courtroom, when they reveal the truth before I spend all my money on something else. Cheers Hermann confused

Hermann
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

GPZ truth? Empty Re: GPZ truth?

Post  rc62burke Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey Herman

Lets just have a think about what you said shall we?????

If I test drive a car & decide it does not "Cut the Mustard" & put that on a car forum your saying that the car company should take me to court????????

When did we deal away our "Freedom Of Speech" ???? one must always be entitled to ones own opinion "NO"??????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Couldn't agree more Lee. What are some people thinking affraid

Cheers Cal

BTW Which post(s) have alluded to the 7000 not cutting the mustard?

Last edited by Cal on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Question added)
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Cal wrote:Couldn't agree more Lee. What are some people thinking affraid

Cheers Cal

BTW Which post(s) have alluded to the 7000 not cutting the mustard?

Cal
on this post mate, look for "Ozgold"
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t20693-gpz-7000-what-will-you-do
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Hermann
Do you know who ozgold 041 is ?????

Back to top Go down

GPZ truth? Empty confused

Post  geofflee Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Hermann wrote:3 pros. who were testing this machine, and stated that it "didn't cut the mustard", and they are keeping their 5000.

ML's "40% deeper" is a big claim even when constrained by "When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in testing environments" and this is backed up by 'Jonathan' finding a 12 grammer at 17 inches.

There is no doubt that ML is asserting a significant increase in depth performance AND fine print such as above 'when compared....' can only temper that claim to a reasonable extent.

In contrast, we also have '3 pros' who are dismissive of the new machine. We don't know in what regard. Was depth an issue for them? Maybe noise, weight? Or maybe they had an early prototype? In any case a certain amount of confusion has been thrown into the mix (thanks ozgold  Rolling Eyes ).

I remain optimistic and would hate to see an Aussie icon taken to court over misleading advertising. (Although claims regarding the GP Extreme do linger in the back of my mind.)

The way I see it, I'll probably end up buy one at some point so it way as well be sooner rather than later; and maybe the (early adopter) gamble will pay off.  drunken

Geoff
geofflee
geofflee
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

GPZ truth? Empty GPZ truth?

Post  Hermann Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:54 pm

hi jen. no.

Hermann
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Hermann wrote:hi jen. no.

Neither do I.. 

There is so much speculation all over the Internet forums..
 I am also guessing minelab are having a good chuckle to themselves lol!

Last edited by Jen58 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  papoutsi Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Apparently all details and pricing will be released on the 18th of this month. All will be revealed soon . Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:06 pm

An unknown poster makes a claim that 3 unknown pros have said the new unreleased machine is no good ....... please Rolling Eyes  give me a break Rolling Eyes  I suggest you keep saving my friend and wait for a real assessment when the machine hits the ground eh Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks Lee.I thought it was a more substantial claim of negativity towards the 7000. Wayne, you nailed my view -just beat me to posting Laughing
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Geez --i dont know what tickles peoples imagination sometimes...3 pros said that it was ratshit---well for the life of me why would u then go ahead and release something known that it is going to give u grief--must have been Garret testers..?

it seems like everyone is trying to post the dirt befor anyone has even dug a hole.

I can tell u that the people that have tested the machine are biting at the bit to tell u all the merits and if any--pitfalls of the machine..and a lot of us that can afford the machine will see for ourselves.

Up here in the Pilbara we are blessed with the best mongrel country u would want to detect all be it 15ks from home. EMI-spinnifex-railways-ironore--snakes-heat-thunderstorms--etc etc so its going to be interesting--I have a few areas to test--13oz patch--rays patch--burnies patch--50k peg--so will just sit back--oh did I mention the common at Marble Bar--nice soft ground to play in.

No wonder the vast majority dont bother signing in when they read absolute inuendo..god help me... i'm still shaking my head and saying WTF..i think these people need to go to church..i also surprised these clowns havent got a sore wrist...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Digginerup wrote:An unknown poster makes a claim that 3 unknown pros have said the new unreleased machine is no good ....... please Rolling Eyes  give me a break Rolling Eyes  I suggest you keep saving my friend and wait for a real assessment when the machine hits the ground eh Wink

Wayne. cheers
Unknown to some.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Narrawa wrote:
Digginerup wrote:An unknown poster makes a claim that 3 unknown pros have said the new unreleased machine is no good ....... please Rolling Eyes  give me a break Rolling Eyes  I suggest you keep saving my friend and wait for a real assessment when the machine hits the ground eh Wink

Wayne. cheers
Unknown to some.

T25 Good point my learned colleague Wink you are correct, however usually when one presents a finding one usually announces ones name or source name so as one can gauge ones credentials, until then...unknown Wink.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Good point my learned colleague Wink you are correct, however usually when one presents a finding one usually announces ones name or source name so as one can gauge ones credentials, until then...unknown Wink.
Then unknown it is.

To some. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 am

Narrawa wrote:
Good point my learned colleague Wink you are correct, however usually when one presents a finding one usually announces ones name or source name so as one can gauge ones credentials, until then...unknown Wink.
Then unknown it is.

To some. Laughing

Get back over your own site and answer my PM. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 am

Get back over your own site and answer my PM
I did, but you weren't there, so i come back here, do you want me to go back over there.? Oh bugga!!...i see you loged in here now, so i'll wait here till i rx confirmation your not over there.

T10 no confirmation yet.??...i'll quickly go back over there, if we happen to pass one another in the matrix while i quickly take a look over there...sing out and i'll have Trinity upload a new program with a one way door leading to both forums in the middle.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 am

Sorry mate, I nodded off, must be all the excitement! Rolling Eyes Razz
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 am

Honestly!!!

You people!!!

Just ask Doug about the 7000. He knows AAALLLLLL about it. Razz Razz Razz
After all, didn't he tell you it would be released last December? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Gpz 7000 will be a ripper of a machine , nothing like you have ever used before minelab has put a lot of r&d into this new machine The 5000 will not even be close to it.The new design will be a game changer.

Alan.

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Every new model has these 'horror' story reports just prior to release.

Minelab spend MILLIONS on R&D on this machine only to get inferior results to it's predecessors. Yeah right... GPZ truth? Dizzy
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Just one easy simple question from me to much more experienced and long time prospectors/detectorist:

Was there any new model which was not better then previous one?

(sorry i only used 2 in my lifetime for last 2.5 yrs)

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:37 pm

G'day Enio,

The answer is No, as each model had its improvements over its predecessor, some may have been only minor ones and some in my book had better improvements. I started off with the SD2000 and now with the GPX5000. Each model that I purchased had their differences for the better and as I said some were only slightly better. Wink

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks Mike that was exact my point.

So why all this questions IF it will be better???

Sure i used Minelab most of my detecting time since i started and owned only Minelab detectors ( so i am not competent to talk about what is the best out there)

But this is my opinion and before everyone jumps i am entitle to my opinion:

Minelab made the best detectors for Australian conditions.
Sure spending more then 3 years to develop this new detector they are not going to bring some crappy machine.
Firstly cos of their reputation and secondly cos their proven ability to make the best machine for our condition and improve it from the last ones.

So i am confident the new one will be good.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down