Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

+10
scooter
Nightjar
Celeste
chopppacalamari
GoldstalkerGPX
jmp333
nero_design
Narrawa
mallee00
HOBO'S Gold
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm

gray.nomad wrote:Good an ya tuna,
What a ripper. Loved it. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

BTW, I own the caravan park in Lake Bolac near Ararat, what do you reckon, if I sell
caravan sites in the Grampians/Ararat areas for prospectors, Maps and Settings, could I ask $ 60 bucks per day? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin One born every minute. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Best regards
Frank

I was snooping down around your area on Sunday Frank !!!!

You might be onto something, Why don't we sell pre-dug holes for $10 each Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol

Cheers

P.S I get a kick out of your boredom Tuna
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey Tuna, this is for you.... Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 3528

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Just had a bit of a read of this ebay listing and I would not pay 99dollars for the setting information but unless I am missing something you blokes seem to have come down pretty heavy on the lister.

Is what he is doing any different from the person/s who went out into the goldfields in the early days,cleaned out what they thought was all of the gold in particular area and then said Well all the gold is gone so now I will write a book and tell everyone where gold was found so they can go out and look in the same ares for themselves, while all the time believing that he got all the gold so now why not make a quid from a book.
Do you think that they would have written those books and published all of those maps if they had known that a super detector was in the wind that would locate even much more gold? No way , they would wait until they had cleared those same areas with the super detector before telling anybody where to go look for gold.
This bloke selling his Best Settings for the GPX for variouse size gold and ground conditions is simply making it easier for newbies and some oldies to get the best ( as he sees it ) chance of finding gold with that particular machine rather than having to work it all out for themselves. Aside from that I agree that the asking price is a tad radical and the bit of red legal jargon at the end of the listing is pointless.
Anyway if I have missed the point feel free to fire back and straighten me out because I don't want to make too big a nong of myself.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm

You haven't left feedback for the guy yet Adrian!!! Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol

A NONG, HAHA haven't heard that for years.

I see your point, but the info he is selling is freely shared right here between us, isn't to profit from this free info a bit of a shame(that was polite), or should we not disscuss what timmings etc we are using so that the information can be locked up and sold. Gold help us for wanting to share knowledge freely without ripping of the uneducated.

As far as the point you made on selling a book on the area of gold bearing ground, that's bit different the way I see it. That ground is there and always will be, gold or no gold left. If records were not kept, printed, published or sold then none of us today would have the info we do on our goldfields, nor would we be likely to know where to look, what to look for and our heritage would also be lost. It would be like not bothering to read about where the worlds larget nugget came from because it has been removed from the earth so why bother!!

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Yeah I suppose you are right, but there will always be people willing to pay for info if it saves them a bit of time and brain work and there will always be people who know that and that's how they make a quid.
I agree, info is shared freely on these forums but there will always be those who will spot an opportunity to make money and at the same time help a lesser mortals. I am not sure that I would call what this bloke has done a Scam because in a way he is doing what millions of people througout the world do every day which is to provide a service and get paid for it. A lot of money making ideas come from watching/observing and reading. You see something that people want and then capitalise on it, sometimes that can nark a few people but isn't that what makes the Capitalistic world go around.
I agree,my comment re the books and maps was not quite the same thing but I think I made a point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Adrian,
Scammer is what I'd call this bloke. He's selling DD coils and advertising them as Monos, obviously aiming at the Sudanese market. Using missleading terms he's hoping thier well known lack of prospecting knowledge might help pull off his little scam.

What annoys me, is not so much the offensive abusive language he used when I politely pointed out to him that his DD were not monos (which he knew) but that this low life is a member or at least a reader of this forum.

And yep mate.. try any more crap and I'll post your name on every damn forum I'm a member of aswell as every prospecting outlet down there where you are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:26 pm

G/day madtuna.
I haven't read about his DD/Mono Scam so I will check it out,but if that is what he is doing then he awta not do dat, that is totally different from what I was talking about re the setting info.
I do-not think what I said was crap, so your last line outburst was a bit over the top; Jeez, just when I was gettin ta like ya. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_lol

Last edited by Adrian SS on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:30 pm

dude!! no not you!! him...the crap he said to me, I know he reads this thread Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_redface

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Tuna, since the Double-D coils from Minelab can be used in the Mono setting (often referred to in this forum as a "Pseudo-Mono" coil when in this mode), this means the coil is the best of both worlds and many serious prospectors have actually used their Double-D coil in Mono mode for the purpose - for both pinpointing and also to crank a little more depth and sensitivity out of their coil.

So just how misleading is the seller? Yes, he's targeting the coil at the Sudanese. And they don't know and they generally don't care anyway because they only buy what they think they can re-sell ...although some do buy coils for themselves. But since the coil can be used as a mono (though it's not what we'd call a dedicated mono), then he's not really lying. But I'd agree he should label the coil as a Double-D coil.

I haven't challenged him on these coils yet because he could counter-argue that he's labeled the coil as both a Mono AND a Double-D coil. You yourself have been selling GPX detectors and coils galore to the Sudanese via Ebay and I know you didn't buy some of these items for your own use but to wrangle top dollar out of them to the African market. Now I happen to believe that this is fine if it's your gear that you are selling and you are selling it at market prices or whatever the market will bear. But what makes this guy any different when he's wording his ads and pricing his items to attract the African buyer?

I'm not asking you to justify anyone's actions etc, I'm just wondering what it is about his ads (and yes, they annoy me too) that bothers you. I'm more annoyed that he's selling "switch settings" at the price of Doug Stone's latest hardcover book.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:43 pm

G/Day steve,
Sorry mate for the misinterpretation; bloody hell a man must be gettin old.
Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Correct me if im wrong....

Isn't offensive language sent or communicated in electronic means an offence under the Telecommunications Act 1997 ?

Here is the link to the act if anyone is bored....
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ta1997214/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Straight up Marco, the title was misleading and deceptive. stop.
ebay listing violation. stop.
end of message. stop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

You yourself have been selling GPX detectors and coils galore to the Sudanese via Ebay and I know you didn't buy some of these items for your own use but to wrangle top dollar out of them to the African market.

Nero what a load of crap! I have sold ONE 4500 only! Yes to 2 Sudenese gents that approached me, at my home not via Ebay

I sold it because at that stage a new one was possibly coming out, it was the end of our detecting season and what they offered me was too good to refuse.

I bought a new 4500 when it was obvious the new one wasn't coming out. I have no intentions of selling it any time soon.

I sold ONE coil only, the 15 x 12 DD I'll never use that came free with the new 4500. It went to America.

get your facts correct before flapping that hole in your neck.

The coils he was selling were DD coils NOT mono coils

Last edited by madtuna on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Adrian SS wrote:G/Day steve,
Sorry mate for the misinterpretation; bloody hell a man must be gettin old.
Cheers.

no wucks Adrian...my fault I wasn't too clear sorry

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

G'day Gents.

FRAUD;= "Any deliberate misrepresentation of the truth or a fact used to take money,rights,or other privilege of property away from a person
or persons"

Cheers kon61..
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 pm

From what I understand about the ML DDs that can be used as mono is that they consist of two windings wound as a DD and that when mono is selected one winding is not used and the other is used as the TX and Rx coil. When in DD setting both windings are used for TX and RX therfore the coil is a true Double D that can be set as a true mono but in mono mode the effective diameter of the coil is reduced. Or have I got this wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm

pretty much spot on Adrian, basically a 15 x12 would be halved to 15 x 6
Yes the can be used in mono mode but realistically, no matter how he tries to word it...it's still a DD coil

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

That's right Adrian. The left hand side winding is a much thicker wire and it acts as a transmit/receive coil winding when in Mono mode. So a Double-D coil (or at least the native Minelab coils - I can't speak for other third party coils because I don't know) can also be used as a Mono. It's a two-in-one coil. For this reason, the seller is riding a fine edge in order to sell his less-desirable DD coils to people wanting a Monoloop.

And Tuna, take a chill-pill. A lot of people here on this forum sold their detectors and coils on Ebay to the highest bidder. No problem with that. And yes, I know he was selling DD coils but he advertised them as both DD and Mono - which isn't too much of a stretch. I am NOT defending this guy. I've reported him twice now. He was forced to retract one of his earlier items due to misrepresentation and lack of material goods.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 pm

nero_design wrote:That's right Adrian. The left hand side winding is a much thicker wire and it acts as a transmit/receive coil winding when in Mono mode. So a Double-D coil (or at least the native Minelab coils - I can't speak for other third party coils because I don't know) can also be used as a Mono. It's a two-in-one coil. For this reason, the seller is riding a fine edge in order to sell his less-desirable DD coils to people wanting a Monoloop.

And Tuna, take a chill-pill. A lot of people here on this forum sold their detectors and coils on Ebay to the highest bidder. No problem with that. And yes, I know he was selling DD coils but he advertised them as both DD and Mono - which isn't too much of a stretch. I am NOT defending this guy. I've reported him twice now. He was forced to retract one of his earlier items due to misrepresentation and lack of material goods.

You yourself have been selling GPX detectors and coils galore to the Sudanese via Ebay and I know you didn't buy some of these items for your own use but to wrangle top dollar out of them to the African market.
I'll take a chill pill when you retract the above piece of BS

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Marco, the DD coil can be used in mono mode on late GP detectors with a reduced performance but what do you call the coil if it is used on a SD 2000/2100, why do Minelab make a dedicated mono coil to suit all SD/GP detectors. Marco, an answer to these questions would be appreciated. Thanks mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 pm

mallee00 wrote:Marco, the DD coil can be used in mono mode on late GP detectors with a reduced performance but what do you call the coil if it is used on a SD 2000/2100, why do Minelab make a dedicated mono coil to suit all SD/GP detectors. Marco, an answer to these questions would be appreciated. Thanks mallee00 and the mutt

Its performance is reduced because (for example) and 11 inch monoloop coil is around twice the width of the mere 5 inch diameter of the left hand winding of an 11 DD coil. So the diameter of the coil loop is proportionate to the depth it is capable of. Smaller loop means less depth. A larger monoloop should result in more depth.

A dedicated coil for the job is always the best coil for the job. The SD series of detectors always perform better with the Double-D coils than they do with the Monoloops although this doesn't stop people using monos on their SDs. This is because the monos are fairly "noisy" on the SDs compared to using the same on the GPXs. If you look at all the major finds (even recent ones) found with the SDs, they seem to have been found using DD coils. I'm talking about larger nuggets here, not large patches. More recent detectors like the GPX series handle the same monoloops much more quietly by comparison and I think it's because the electronic filters help stabilize the signal and clean up and filter out much of the unwanted information. Just my thoughts.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Marco, A DD coil on a SD detector cannot work as a mono coil, its the circuitry in the detector that allows a detector to operate in a mono phase, not the ability of the coil. This alone makes his advert misleading. Your statement that SD series detectors work better with DD coils, do you arrive at that conclusion from using the SD series or hearsay from others. I have owned and used all the SD models and always found the mono coils superior in performance. mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm

That's right.

I know plenty of people who use their SD detectors with both DD coils and Monoloop coils. The Monos have always been pretty noisy with the SDs. The DD coils were always the favourite but not long after the GP3500 came out there was a strong support for the Mono. After the GPX series came out, a lot of people started using the monos exclusively. As for using Double-D coils in Mono mode (Pseudo-Mono as you folks like to call it), I don't think that's even an option on the SD series. (no switch-over available)

And yes, I've used all the SD series detectors from the 2000 to the recent V2s. I've not owned them, mind you, only used them from time to time.

EDIT: The native coil for the SD is a DD coil. They simply can't handle to monoloops as quietly as the GPX detectors can. That's one of the most important features of the GPX detectors, their ability to work so quietly with the monos on fairly difficult ground. Without wanting to parrot a previous conversation, I believe that a great many people laughed when it was said that they would be able to go deeper using monoloops on their SD/GP detectors - this was around the time the GP3000 was the king of the hill. By the time the GP3500 came along, it was pretty much common knowledge that the mono could do the hard yards and by then, 'everyone' was using them. Prior to this, monoloops were pretty much shunned for their instability and noise compared to DDs.

Last edited by nero_design on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 pm

G'day Guys.

Pseudo mono is not an option on any SD series, period.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I notice at least with the Comander 15 x 12 elipticals that ML produce a DD that can be used as mono and they also make a 12 x 15 Comander mono only coil. How do I tell from the Ebay listing which coil is being misrepresented because they both appear the same when I look at minelabs adverts for these coils.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Adrian SS wrote:How do I tell from the Ebay listing which coil is being misrepresented because they both appear the same when I look at minelabs adverts for these coils.

You either trust the seller based solely on his feedback...

Or you try to read the label if it appears on the photograph in enough detail. it will read either "Double-D" or "Mono" in black text, just under the red logo.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Double10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Mono10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Time to crack open that smooth smooth bourbon and plonk down to watch the final of the killing on sbs. Adios amigos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks N_D,
I will look more closely in future, not sure if it will make much difference though on account of I'm flat out seeing the coil letalone the print on it. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 2 Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next