Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

+10
scooter
Nightjar
Celeste
chopppacalamari
GoldstalkerGPX
jmp333
nero_design
Narrawa
mallee00
HOBO'S Gold
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Empty Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  HOBO'S Gold Tue May 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi all, Just checked Ebay and found this, Would you pay $99 for these settings????? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek I wouldn't. Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunny http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINELAB-GPX-4500-SETTINGS-4-COILTEK-NUGGET-FINDER-COIL-/230479176561?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35a9a12371

Last edited by HOBO'S Gold on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  mallee00 Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Wants to change his user name on ebay, fairdinkumbargains, cop the diatripe at the bottom, legally binding contract, cant resell, or make profit. Love to see him try and enforce this. He been selling new coils at up to 3 times the standard retail price, just another parasite trying to make a quick buck. mallee00

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  Narrawa Tue May 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Bugga!! there is only 10 available. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue May 25, 2010 5:53 pm

HOBO'S Gold wrote:Hi all, Just checked Ebay and found this, Would you pay $99 for these settings????? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek I wouldn't. Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunny http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINELAB-GPX-4500-SETTINGS-4-COILTEK-NUGGET-FINDER-COIL-/230479176561?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35a9a12371

It might be worth offering the same tips for $1

Either that or everyone can send him an email telling him that this is absurd. Personally, the detecting bunch are pretty savvy... they won't pay this much. Doug Stone's latest book is almost this price and is a tangible item.

Note: I've already spoken to this seller just last week for trying to scam people with intangible items. I have also warned him that using scare tactics to get others to buy from him instead of others reeks of bad form. The inclusion of an additional line aimed at overseas buyers shows he's hoping to sell to the Sudanese.

I'd strongly urge people to message him with their own thoughts on the subject.
As for not reselling his information: You can't copyright facts.

Cheers,

M.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

This was one of his other Ebay posts last week trying to muscle out any competition in the online coil-war:

Item number:230472319185

Amusing.

Cheers,

M.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Empty Ebay 4500 winning system

Post  jmp333 Tue May 25, 2010 8:50 pm

This same guy was trying to sell several 4500's for I think $9000 each at the height of the detector frenzy. Claimed they were from a business deal that the partner had pulled out of. He has more excuses than a used car salesman.
John Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Affraid

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Tue May 25, 2010 8:54 pm

I can't believe it Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek 3 people have bought nothing Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek I thought you cant sell something on ebay unless it is an actual item??????? regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunnyI wonder what Jonathan thinks of this????????

Last edited by HOBO'S Gold on Wed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Tue May 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Mate, got no problem with someone that has a few coils and flogs them on ebay, my beef is with those buying up all the new coils at aussie retail and selling them at great profits on ebay. How do you think the coil makers see this, they develope and make the coils, pay rent, wages and taxes ect form a profit of maybe $50 a coil, same as the detector shops, see the coil they sold yesterday for $400 on ebay for $1500. Dont you think they will start putting prices up, because they want a fair return on their investment. I believe prices will start to rise in the retail outlets because of this and it will cost us more for our coils down the track. Those that are making the big bucks on ebay wont put anything back into the industry. Food for thought. mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

HOBO'S Gold wrote:I can't believe it Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek 3 people have bought nothing Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_eek I thought you sell something on ebay unless it is an actual item???????

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Affraid Unreal hey!! Wasn't there some talk about someone who sold some "spirits" of the supernatural kind in a bottle a while back?........Yep people will and do buy nothing.

$99, Shame on you. I wouldn't pay $9

Seller obviously not on this forum, If you are, Karma will bite you. If I find out that I have helped you with settings and you are profiting from them I will bite you!!!!
This information should be free for all.

Damn I hate thieves.

Cheers

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 pm

The retailer is free to sell coils on ebay as well you know. I can't believe the buyers aren't doing their homework and researching a bit more.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue May 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Question to all......If a perspective buyer on ebay asks a seller a question does this question always appear at the bottom of the item description??

I have an idea!!!
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Choppa, agree that retailers are entitled to sell on ebay, as some do, if their starting price is at or below the rrp thats fine, but ill guarantee that if the coil manufacturers see retailers with ridiculous starting or buy now prices they will be the last to be supplied. The customer might also have a say if they cant buy a particular coil from a retailer and see the retailer trying to profit from the Sudan boom, when this dies down and hopefully gets back to normal the local retailers are going to have to rely on local buyers to survive. As i said in my first post its those locals that are buying up all the coils to make a quick buck but will put nothing back into the detecting fraternity that really irks me. The coil manufacturers and dealers will see this as the market will sustain higher prices and want to increase their margins. Just food for thought. mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 pm

I heard Prospectors Patch in WA is selling Coiltek 18x12 inch Goldstalker coils for $1000 today instead of the RRP of $405.

When did they put their flamin prices up????? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_mad Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_mad
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Well Celeste, I don't know where you get your info from pussy cat, but they have one on order for me at stated RRP, and Kim from that shop (PP in WA) was very nice to me. As is Kim from the approved dealer at Mudgee but not to be confused with the Kim in WA....

I live near Sydney and can never get what I need from the only shop in Sydney.

PS: i have no affiliation with any shop as they ALL want my money, and yours come to think of it!

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Thu May 27, 2010 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 am

Gday

There are plenty of sellers on ebay that are shifty but there are many more that are always trying to do the right thing, so they are not all the same, buyers have to take responsibility for their own actions too, as sometimes it beggers belief that a person would actually buy something that appears to most others as a scam or something worthless, but yet it continues to happen.

Its like those long range detectors etc, you dont have to be a brain surgeon to realise that they simply dont work, and the people that buy them dont complain because they dont want everyone to see how dense they are for buying it in the first place, what makes me laugh though is when I see someone who has got caught with one of these gadgets and they are trying to re flog it on ebay to get there money back Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin

These things keep going on because there are gullible people who fall for it all the time, and there always someone that thinks that they can do it the easy way, if there was an easy way to get the gold them most of us would not be tromping about the bush in the heat and flies etc etc would we??.

Lastly for dealers who are selling gear at inflated prices, people have long memories and while they might sell these coils etc now at inflated prices, when the bubble bursts they will not have the support of the general prospecting community as everybody would have worked them out and will avoid dealing with them in the future, so they are really doing themselves harm in the long run, if they cant see that their actions will have long term effects on the viability of their business then they are not astute business people and will not be there for long.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

On Ebay the seller has the choice to display the question or not.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Celeste and others,
Don't rely on heresay, Prospectors Patch is selling at these prices.
http://www.prospectorspatch.com.au/
Get your facts right before flapping your gums and making a fool of yourselves.....

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 26, 2010 11:54 pm

post deleted out of confusion & busy eating my hat...

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Thu May 27, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu May 27, 2010 1:09 am

He doe's not state whether the settings are new or used, this could be the difference between sale or no sale. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_rolleyes

Hell I know a few that would buy them, come to think of it, there most probably the three who did. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin

Reading a little more of the add I finds them no good for any other state other then Vic...aint that a b**tard? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Lol opportunity now exists for other states to continue the trend and cash in.

Hey? if you bought them wouldn't you feel a little ripped off if you missed the bit they states an experienced operator of more then 30yrs spent only 20hrs fiddling to bring you the best settings??
Most of us spent that amount of time fiddling with it in the 1st outing. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin

Conclusion
If there was a warranty I might have been interested.. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol

PS, Oh Bugger it!. theirs only 7 left.Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Lol Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Lol
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Empty re p.p

Post  scooter Thu May 27, 2010 8:45 am

Hi guys, Just to clear the fact. I recently purchased a coiltek 18x12 mono from p.p and paid the price as advertised so I think maybe some people just start story,s to get things going, if anyone wanted to find out all they have to do is phone for a price. and I have nothing to do with any retailers in the prospecting game. Scooter

scooter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Thu May 27, 2010 9:35 am

Ferrousfinder,
You are letting your innuendos cloud your judgement.
Being a moderator has nothing what so ever to do with my comments.
If you did a little research it would be revealed that I have no affiliation what so ever with Prospectors Patch administration other than being a satisfied customer dating back to the 80's.
The point I am making is that remarks like yours and others do a business untold damage even if it is unfounded.
Please check details and get the facts before posting.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 27, 2010 11:14 am

Ok. right you are. I feel a little foolish right now, my apologies Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_pale . I tested the waters for myself instead of flapping my gums.
Wise old owl aren't you!

My accountant looks like that owl.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:00 pm

I stuck up my own ad... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180517098233&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT cost me a whole $3.00

must have hit a nerve because he ended his ads and bought mine!!! what a goose. Ebay automatically sent me an invoice with his name address and email Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin
Now I can mark it payment not recieved Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_twisted

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Luv ya work Tuna!!!
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Now thats the way you get rid of scammers, Love ya work Tuna, I love the questions and answers Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol Couldn,t stop laughing. Found it interesting though that no one gave him feed back for his settings? Maybe they are still trying to work out how to turn the detector on Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Lol Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

I keep making stupid offers to coil sellers, ie $50 for this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230484752112

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_rolleyes must be bored also Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_rolleyes

Made an offer of $10 the other day, am feeling generous today!

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Nice work Tuna.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Someone else is getting into the act of selling settings Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Affraid , but atleast you get maps with this one, Just $45 dollars Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_lol Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_sunny http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Minelab-GPX-4500-settings-tips-and-maps-/160441745262?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item255b12bf6e
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gray.nomad Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Good an ya tuna,
What a ripper. Loved it. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin

BTW, I own the caravan park in Lake Bolac near Ararat, what do you reckon, if I sell
caravan sites in the Grampians/Ararat areas for prospectors, Maps and Settings, could I ask $ 60 bucks per day? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_biggrin One born every minute. Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer Icon_rolleyes

Best regards
Frank
gray.nomad
gray.nomad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 pm

ha! tah you lot...I get bored when there's nothing on telly and I can't sleep

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next