Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY

3 posters

Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY

Post  Lynnie1966 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm

PMAV Bendigo Branch made it into The Bendigo Advertiser today  Very Happy 

They came and did a story on me yesterday at the Bendigo Gem Club, so I wanted to share this with all prospectors and PMAV members on how successful our branch has become. Please support our wonderful association - We made it in the Roll of Honours cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy 

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Pmav_b13

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle
PMAV Bendigo Branch
President
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty Re: PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 pm

In the article it says for more info go to the PMAV website?  The site hasn't worked for months.

Added- I've just been told it's only some browsers it doesn't work on  Crying or Very sad 

Last edited by Goldgeo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty PMAV WEBSITE ISSUE

Post  Lynnie1966 Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Goldgeo wrote:In the article it says for more info go to the PMAV website?  The site hasn't worked for months.

Added-  I've just been told it's only some browsers it doesn't work on  Crying or Very sad 

Hi there Goldgeo,

I escalated the problem to PMAV Melbourne, some weeks back, advising them that it is not iPad, iPod, iPhone and other smart phone devices friendly  Crying or Very sad 

I think the issue that they hare having, is, that it does not recognise JAVA or FLASH PLAYER and seems to only work on platform level of Windows Xp, 7 & and 8 using laptops and desktops. I use an iPad and have the same trouble, hence I use my laptop to access their site on a regular basis.

On laptops and desktops, it accepts all browsers.

Please let me know what device you use and what browser you use to try and access their website and I can forward this information onto their IT Department.

Cheers

Lynnie
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty Re: PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi Lynnie.  I use an iPad with Safari.  Would be great to get this sorted.  Thanks for your time!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi lynnie
Congratulations  Q38 
That's awesome...

I am a PMAV member as well.. Different club..

But I also use an iPad..
Do have a computer..
Find it a pain trying to find room to set it up in a caravan all the time..  Q07

Could be me being lazy  lol! 

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty PMAV WEBSITE ISSUE

Post  Lynnie1966 Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Goldgeo wrote:Hi Lynnie.  I use an iPad with Safari.  Would be great to get this sorted.  Thanks for your time!

I have contact PMAV and they are aware that there is still some hiccups and they are sorting out it. I told them that many members use different browsers and they will rectify the problem as soon as they can  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Cheers

Lynnie
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynnie1966 Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi lynnie
Congratulations  Q38 
That's awesome...

I am a PMAV member as well.. Different club..

But I also use an iPad..
Do have a computer..
Find it a pain trying to find room to set it up in a caravan all the time..  Q07

Could be me being lazy  lol! 

Gidday Jen58

I have informed PMAV that there is still ongoing problems and they will are working on issues. Yes it is somewhat a pain when you are out bush camping and do try your computer and let us know if you are having trouble with that.

Cheers

Lynnie
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Thankyou Lynnie..
Will try the computer later.. Once the genny gets turned on..

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty google chrome

Post  fayfam Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi all, web site works fine, if you're using an Apple based product, simply download "Google Chrome" and all should work as it should!
cheers

fayfam
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 pm

fayfam wrote:Hi all, web site works fine, if you're using an Apple based product, simply download "Google Chrome" and all should work as it should!
cheers

iPads only work with safari.. Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY Empty Google chrome

Post  fayfam Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi, I have a macbook pro & my wife has an iPad, both devices run safari as the installed browser, however Google Chrome is able to be installed as well(download app) as an alternative web browser,
cheers

fayfam
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Thankyou fayfam
Downloading google chrome right now..

Ok.. It's downloaded..
Now unless I am still doing something wrong.. I still can get no further than this..

PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY 1zpsit0

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi Jen,

I got it to work on my iPad using Puffin browser. It plays all sites that use flash player  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:06 am

Goldgeo wrote:Hi Jen,

I got it to work on my iPad using Puffin browser.  It plays all sites that use flash player  Wink 

Cool.. I am off to download it.. Thankyou Goldgeo

It works!  bounce  it works!  T23 
PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY 25f2dlx

And all this time I thought thier web site was still being updated.. It was my end  Crying or Very sad 

Thankyou again.. Everyone for the help..
Hey.. Goldgeo it's amazing which browser that was needed to run it.. Like you said though..( Flash player )
 T01 

P.s. Lynnie
It works fine on my computer.. Which is windows vista, useing Firefox..

Back to top Go down

Post  NF Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Goodonya Lynnie Wink 
NF
NF
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynnie1966 Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Jen58 wrote:
Goldgeo wrote:Hi Jen,

I got it to work on my iPad using Puffin browser.  It plays all sites that use flash player  Wink 

Cool.. I am off to download it.. Thankyou Goldgeo

It works!  bounce  it works!  T23 
PMAV BENDIGO BRANCH - STORY IN TODAY'S BENDIGO ADVERTISER 25TH JULY 25f2dlx

And all this time I thought thier web site was still being updated.. It was my end  Crying or Very sad 

Thankyou again.. Everyone for the help..
Hey.. Goldgeo it's amazing which browser that was needed to run it.. Like you said though..( Flash player )
 T01 

P.s. Lynnie
It works fine on my computer.. Which is windows vista, useing Firefox..

Awesome work and I knew that it was a flash player issue and please pass the word around and let other members know to use PUFFIN BROWSER
when accessing PMAV website via your device Very Happy  Very Happy 

Cheers

Lynnie Smile Smile 
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Yes Lynnie

It's all thanks to Goldgeo for suggesting PUFFIN browser Q38 

Also a thankyou to Fayfam.. For Google chrome..

I never knew there were other browser's that could be used with the iPad  Laughing 
Geez I am dumb!  Rolling Eyes 

T01  you two..

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynnie1966 Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 am

Jen58 wrote:Yes Lynnie

It's all thanks to Goldgeo for suggesting PUFFIN browser Q38 

Also a thankyou to Fayfam.. For Google chrome..

I never knew there were other browser's that could be used with the iPad  Laughing 
Geez I am dumb!  Rolling Eyes 

T01  you two..

Yes i use Google Chrome on my ipad all the time and will inform PMAV that this has rectified the problem

Happy that members are helping with issues and glad that I could help also

Cheers

Lynnie
 bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy 
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:58 am

Well done Lynnie...I sent away my application to join as I advised you, to join however I think they are still working out if I'm a suitable candidate to join....I don't think I would allow me either......
I would have come to your meeting however my grandsons' 5th birthday was yesterday, and I was a 'required player' whilst your meeting was on...that Reserve is only up the road from me..next time..Good luck
Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down