Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO

+2
Digginerup
krakenup
6 posters

Go down

F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO Empty F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO

Post  krakenup Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm

HI ALL I WILL IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS BE GIVING SOME VERY INTERESTING AND INFORMED INFORMATION ABOUT THESE F1A4 EX MILITARY MINELAB MINE DETECTORS. AND ITS ALL GOOD. REGARDS KRAKENUP

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO Empty Re: F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO

Post  Digginerup Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 am

Hi Krakenup, I look forward to seeing how that machine performs, good luck.

Wayne. cheers 
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO Empty f1a4 detector info

Post  krakenup Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Ok guys here is the first bit of info for anyone out there who is interested I will be doing it in three parts posts so as not to overload new guys especially with to much info at once. Ok first the detectors are built on the first auto ground tracking machines the sd 2200 detectors. They built these detectors with the best of everything available and made them very simple to operate. AND OPERATE THEY DID AND VERY BLOODY WELL IN ALL TYPES OF GROUND. They had to be bloody the best, as lives depended on them. There are only two push buttons and one three position toggle switch, and a warning low battery light which lights up with an audible warning that batterys are low. The first button is pressed with the detector laid on the ground so no movement as the slightest move would upset the resetting. It takes approx 70seconds you then get an audible sound and its ready this button is to cancel any electrical interference. Ok button two press and it takes approx 7 seconds and again audible warning. And its ready for use. This button resets tone ect. Now the three position toggle switch position one up is OFF. middle position is ON AND AUTO TRACKING- GROUND BALANCE. The last position held across is to manualy ground balance let go and it returns to the middle position which is ON AUTO TRACKING- GROUND BALANCE. And the last is the battery warning light which lights up with an audible warning sound to let you know it needs new battery's put in. This detector will find the tiny gold no worries and the bigger nuggetts you will need to take a bskhoe along to dig the deep ones I KD YOU NOT, AS SEEN ON UTUBE THESE F1A4 DETECTORS ARE GREAT AND IN MANY CASRS FIND THE GOLD AND TARGETS AS WELL AND BETTER THAN THE NEWER MINELABS WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. THE F1A4 DETECTORS ARE SIMPLE TO OPERATE , AND BLOODY ROCK SOLID . AS I SAID BEFORE THEY WORK AND WORK WELL they had to lives depended on them. Ok that's that for now just be careful where you buy yours from make sure its someone vtrustworthy.and in the next little post i will tell a bit more on two modes i reccomend and only those two don't have any other modes done the f1a4 was designed to work simply and well. SO IF IT AINT BROKE DONT TRY AND FIX IT LOL.X REGARDs krakenup. Ken

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

F1A4 MINELAB DETECTORS INFO Empty and just so you know

Post  krakenup Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi just so you know, no i am not a dealer just a very well informed customer who has detected on and off for the last 35 years so feelin bloody old lol but enjoying it when i feel well enuff to be out there swinging lol i bought two of these f1A4detectors from a very very reliable source who is a technician, one is nodded with two simple mods which i will describe in the next post in a coupl of days. I will be selling one of them as i don't need two, i bought the other in case i needed spares but i fell i. Don't need to as all parts are readily available,from technicians. So there you go i will give further info. On modes next post along with where you could find. A reliable honest person to do the two simple mods. Keepon beepin or cookooing i should say lol. Regards. Krakenup. Ken

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  delapan Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi ken, u r only the second person I have ever heard use that word for gold finds, and yes you r right on one coil I had, regards, gazza
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:58 am

Be very carefull of these as i looked into them ,theres a lot them at the moment for sale at the gov auctions which were returned by a buyer ,but they may be no good, The early ones at mainhelm fowles where ok ,but some of late were returned .
cant work out why .The auction house don,t care they only want your money, and theres never ever a warranty on items sold i was just told the buyer had to many of them.Dont sound right to me.

alan

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

The F1A4 level 3 with a small coil will find gold as small as a sdc2300 if not smaller.

CJ
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  robby_h Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

CJ wrote:The F1A4 level 3 with a small coil will find gold as small as a sdc2300 if not smaller.

A modified F1A4 might DETECT gold as small as a SDC2300 in air tests or in a quiet uniform test bed but it can't cancel the masking noises from hot rocks, salt and ground noises like the 2300 and 5000 does (what do you think all the patents are for?), and the depth on these small pieces is very poor, especially when compared to the 5000 in 'fine gold'.

The prices charged for these modded F1A4s are a bit hard to justify!! I am yet to hear of a pro swinging one for a living. Rolling Eyes

robby_h
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down