Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how much for secound hand 45,s

3 posters

Go down

how much for secound hand 45,s Empty how much for secound hand 45,s

Post  spidertice Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi people ,, havent been around much, work etc,, Hi Madtuna, (keep up the good work) and Treatable catch you up after xmas,
The thing i have been wondering while reading posts regarding the new dettector,, how much do you reckon a secound hand 45 will be worth after ml release a newie,, i reckon around 4 for a 45, as you could get a newie for 5500, 3000-3500 for a 4000, and so,, what do you blokes reckon,, ?? cheers
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

how much for secound hand 45,s Empty Minelabs worth

Post  Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Spidertice,
I was advertising in the QUOCKA(WA) and it was mentioned that whatever the model number was,that would be its price ie GP3000-$3000,GP3500-$3500,GPX4000-$4000 etc, but that doesn't account for well used or hardly used and also doesn't account for accessories which most people flog off for nothing instead of putting a price on the extras.

Maybe there is scope for someone to set some prices that could be used as a guide, point in case, my last GP3500 i bought had over $600 worth of extras and i only paid $2900 for the whole lot,

I think for too long someone, i won't mention names control the prices of the second hand units to get more out of the detectorist and who wouldn't as it makes good business sense.

Regards Ron how much for secound hand 45,s Affraid

PS: What are you doing way out there,We called into Wiluna once, not too sure we'll be there again to soon though. What mine ae you working at?

Last edited by authere on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mailing address!!)

Back to top Go down

how much for secound hand 45,s Empty Re: how much for secound hand 45,s

Post  Fisherman Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 pm

authere wrote:

I think for too long someone, i won't mention names control the prices of the second hand units to get more out of the detectorist and who wouldn't as it makes good business sense.

Gday Ron, Forgive my naivety but could you please explain the above.
I've recently sold two Minelabs on e bay and can't for the life of me see how any third party could have effected the price i got. how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_scratch
Fisherman
Fisherman
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

how much for secound hand 45,s Empty Minelab Machines

Post  Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Fisherman,
I brought my GPX 4000 for $5200 second hand and can get roughly $4000 for it now now if i had of waited and brought a GPX4500 i could probably like you got more like $10,000 for it and thats just the way things are, supply and demand.

The fact that if the Minelab dealers can keep the prices down on second hand machines meens more money difference coming into the shop when a deal is done, this looks good on paper and makes the buyer of a new machine appreciate his new machine because he just payed so much for it, it has to be a good deal. how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_pirat

I know there is some Minelab dealers on board that would love to have a go at this but i welcome it and we will know better where we all stand on the matter how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_cool

Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Fisherman Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Ron i never said i sold two GPX4500's (and i didn't).
I can't comment on what the dealers pay as i've never traded one in but i doubt they could get away with that because of e bay where anyone can get top dollar.
Fisherman
Fisherman
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:39 am

Gday

The prices of 4500's have dropped dramatically on ebay as the demand has now eased, and I believe that there are cheap copies about the place too, and I would also imagine that the end users in Sudan and such have discovered that there are many other capable models about that will do the job for them at a lesser price.

Another thing is that there were some unscrupulous types on ebay that were bidding up the prices and there were quite a few people who got shafted, and some that did not get paid for their goods, I think this was all done to inflate the prices here so that they could demand a higher price for them in Sudan etc.

The same thing was happening with the coils, and still is to some degree, myself and some friends got stuck into them and exposed their game, it involved one bidder in the UK with multiple ebay accounts, and a couple of bidders here in Australia, working together and then trying to bully/blackmail sellers into giving up their coils at less than what they bid for them.

Dealers here can only offer so much as a trade in on any machine, as at the end of the day when they re sell it they have to be able to make a profit and also give warranty, detectors sell quite easily as there is always someone who is wanting to either get into detecting or to upgrade so if you are after a better price for your machine you are better selling it privately.

Once a new model minelab hits the market their will be flood of gpx's about the place so if you are contemplating an upgrade just wait for a bit and you might do alright.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 am

Your logic is very naive as usual Ronnie. If you payed $5200 for a 4000 I hope you got a lot of extras with it. By your way of thinking you must be ecstatically happy with it because you paid too much for it. how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_razz how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_razz how much for secound hand 45,s Icon_razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:26 am

When a dealer trades a machine he would send it to Minelab for a checkover and any repairs if he was smart, and I'm sure most are, as that way he is confident in supplying a used machine that he knows works correctly.

He is also up for GST on the sale (even though he bought it as a used item), and as he bought it from someone not registered for GST as most aren't, he doesn't get an input credit to offset some of that GST. Then he has to have it sit on the shelf tying up funds that could be used for other less expensive stock. When it sells any consideration he has made is probably small if any at all, and I suspect most would hope to break even at best unless they traded at a very low price.

For those wanting the best price they would be better selling on Ebay and then probably getting a good price on a new machine as there is no trade, or do what some of my friends do (depending on funds obviously) and that is to keep their old machine and buy a new one. When they are confident in the new one, then sell the old one off after the rush to sell has eased. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:09 am

hi all
the other day there was a 45 on ebay that didn`t sell with a starting bid of $5200 and they have`nt released the new one yet.i`m thinking when the new one comes out you`ll be able to get a 45 for around 4½

Last edited by day one on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

how much for secound hand 45,s Empty Prices

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Daywun,
My sentiments exactly, how does this system work, it seems like if you want more money for your machine you are stuck with whatever the badge is, yet someone who uses there's twice or thrice a year can't get more, i meen go figger.

Point in case, i tried to sell my own on here a while back and got hounded because i asked for what it was worth!!

Sandy, i tried your method and i now have four machines, one blown up, one molested and one thats too pricey go figger!!

Goldenshower(Robbie),
At the time i thought it was a good deal, a bit of an impulse buy and i found out later Berndt said he could have sold me a GPX4500 for less than i paid for it.

Ebay sellers have a fee to pay which renegs any extra money you get, whereas something like the quocka in WA which is free to advertise has its asdvantages, except when you get rediculous prices like what happened recently.

I'll admit i've been caught out and its my own fault, but the hobby itself is enough of a reward.

Ron

Back to top Go down