Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a 2nd Hand SD

Go down

Buying a 2nd Hand SD  Empty Buying a 2nd Hand SD

Post  Brendann Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi All - Was talking to a mate the other day who seemed to think that there was a recall on a certain model of minelab detector in the SD series. Apparently there was a problem and some machines had to go back to the factory for service. Has anyone heard of this?? Is there anything or models I should steer clear of / watch out for on 2nd hand SD's can you still get spare parts and most importantly how does the integrity of the older machines stand up to the test of time.
thanks
Brendan.

Brendann
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Buying a 2nd Hand SD  Empty Re: Buying a 2nd Hand SD

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Buying a 2nd Hand SD  Empty Re: Buying a 2nd Hand SD

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 am

Best of the 2200D series are the ones with the 45*** serial number these machines ran the smoothest and in my opinion a top notch detector, I only recently upgraded to a GPX but still have a soft spot for the 22, it never let me down and not once needed a trip to minelab for repair in the 3 years I owned it. Look for one in good nic get a 7.3v regulated power supply and you will be heading in the right direction.

Cheers,
James

Back to top Go down