Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a sluice in NSW ?

4 posters

Go down

Using a sluice in NSW ? Empty Using a sluice in NSW ?

Post  petermac129 Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:01 am

Hi,
Can anyone advise me wether I'm allowed to use my home made sluice with its 12v pump in creeks and rivers in NSW.
Recently called into "Nuggets Down Under" in Mudgee and Kim said I couldnt use my home made sluice......I didnt argue as I was shocked !

affraid 
petermac129
petermac129
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Using a sluice in NSW ? Empty Re: Using a sluice in NSW ?

Post  getascripter Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 am

I was a bit shocked with your question ... 'cos I would have thought that there would be no real problem. (I do my gold hunting in VIC)

So I did a Google search using this following criteria "sluicing for gold in nsw" ... I'm thinking that there's a LOT of people using sluices in NSW Very Happy 
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Gee I'm very surprised that Kim or anyone from "Nuggets" would come straight out and say such a thing.Shocked  That is nonsense

You sluice can be used in NSW without a problem. Don't matter if its battery or petrol powered pump. Thousands in use on NSW goldfields every weekend

Maybe they were hoping you would buy a detector if you thought you couldn't use your sluice Rolling Eyes 

Mogo

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Using a sluice in NSW ? Empty Sluicing NSW

Post  petermac129 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Many thnaks guys, feel lot better.Very Happy 
petermac129
petermac129
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lbachir2001 Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 am

OldMogo wrote:Gee I'm very surprised that Kim or anyone from "Nuggets" would come straight out and say such a thing.Shocked  That is nonsense

You sluice can be used in NSW without a problem. Don't matter if its battery or petrol powered pump. Thousands in use on NSW goldfields every weekend

Maybe they were hoping you would buy a detector if you thought you couldn't use your sluice Rolling Eyes 

Mogo

I was somewhat stunned with your inquiry ... 'cos I would have imagined that there would be no genuine issue. (I do my gold chasing in VIC)

So I completed a Google seek utilizing this following criteria "sluicing for gold in nsw" ... I'm suspecting that there's a LOT of individuals utilizing floodgates in NSW Very Happy

lbachir2001
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-01-17

Back to top Go down