Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisrt detector

2 posters

Go down

Fisrt detector Empty Fisrt detector

Post  Whynottry Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi guys
Newbie willing to invest in the best machine in the range $2000-3000 but been wondering how and where to get one. I've been lurking on some items on eBay but not easy to make my mind. I know few people want to trade with africans and those who do accept no return so before we buy we must be sure we get the best. Any advice?
Thanks for looking

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Back to top Go down

Fisrt detector Empty Re: Fisrt detector

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 am

One more question please: is the feedback on eBay reliable?

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 am

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:47 am

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 am

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 am

Feedback is normally reliable but it can be rigged to appear better than it realy is.
     If you are thinking of purchasing an second hand or even a new Minelab metal detector then I would suggest that you donot buy from an Africa ebay listing.
Contact an authorised Minelab distributor hear in Australia. Also donot purchase any Minelab Pulse Induction metal detector that is being offered at an very low price. It is very likely not an genuine ML PI. Have a look on Australian Ebay, and even then you have to be causious and treat with suspicion all listings that offer these metal detectors at an unusually low price. They will usually be fake Minelab detectors.
     Your question sounded a bit strange and that is probably why nobody has responded until now.
Also. Youe posts are timed between 2.00 am and 4.19 am. Au time. We are all in bed around then Sleep Sleep

Last edited by Adrian SS on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 am

comes down to what your going to be hunting for... if gold a minelab GP detector would be the way to go like a GP 2200d, GP extreme, GP 3000
One more question please: is the feedback on eBay reliable? the more feed back on a seller is more reliable.
ask a lot of questions about the item like, where did they buy it, how long ago, numbers of the control box cover
and coils, proof of purchase... if they can give you all this then you will be right. if you get the numbers run them through minelab and they will tell you if its stolen or a fake.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks Adrian and Stoppsy for responding. Sorry for posting when you are in bed but i was also in bed when you responded  matter of time zone.
I do appreciate your help but let's say it's easier to say than to do. I Wonder if eBay sellers will want to answer so many questions from an african buyer. I've read quiete enough about bad expériences and i definitelly could not feel safe buying on eBay until i read  good feedback about a seller by a forumer.
May be another strange question: does anyone know experienced detectorists  selling second hand detectors and who have their own store and website ?
Sorry for disturbing everyone on this forum but i'm not sure i could have another opportunity so i'd better be careful.
cheers

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

PS: i'm looking for a gold prospecting machine and am exclusivelly interested in minelab detectors. Thanks for your help

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey Whynot
What part of Africa are you from?
What sort of area will you be detecting in? desert? scrub? grassland etc as this will also make a difference in what coil you will require with the unit you buy I am saying you need to look at the whole picture to get the best buy for your money, is the ground highly mineralised or not?
Mate as you can see there are a lot of questions to ask before you jump in & maybe make a poor choice.
I am ex Zimbabwe whitey. Very Happy 
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hey Whynot
What part of Africa are you from?
What sort of area will you be detecting in? desert? scrub? grassland etc as this will also make a difference in what coil you will require with the unit you buy I am saying you need to look at the whole picture to get the best buy for your money, is the ground highly mineralised or not?
Mate as you can see there are a lot of questions to ask before you jump in & maybe make a poor choice.
I am ex Zimbabwe whitey. Very Happy 
Hi Burke
I'm from Burkina Faso and the area i will be detecting is not too mineralised; it's desert like and the area has known gold rush but many many new spots are being discovered every year. I do not worry about coils yet because after reading about them, i've decided to go for mono coils and if the detector i buy does not come with it, i will order one.
Thanks for looking

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi Whynot
Where or what country is Burkina Faso in?
If it is desert then a larger mono will be the go say 16" to 20" this you need to consider when purchasing as you may find the right unit with the right coil sizes at the right price.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks for your advice Burke, i will go for a mono coil. Hope i get the right machine

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Whynottry Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for your advice Burke, i will go for a mono coil. Hope i get the right machine. BF is in west Africa

Whynottry
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:13 pm

found a good set up for you to look at...would be worth looking into
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/minelab-detector-kit-/130965128728?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item1e7e214618
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down