Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did i buy the right detector ??

3 posters

Go down

did i buy the right detector ?? Empty did i buy the right detector ??

Post  djuncleruss Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm

after reading alot of posts on this forum im asking my self, did i buy the right detector with the Whites TDI-pro oz series for about $2000 as this is my first detector do i sale and buy soming els ??
djuncleruss
djuncleruss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-10-09

http://russwoodgate@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

did i buy the right detector ?? Empty Re: did I buy the right detector

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 pm

G'day djuncleruss it is mostly personal choice as people do find gold with the whites, but if you can afford the best, Minelab are the top machine for Australian conditions... Very Happy This is my personal opinion...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

did i buy the right detector ?? Empty Re: did i buy the right detector ??

Post  djuncleruss Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Thank u for the tip. But it's all the cash I had for my first one..
djuncleruss
djuncleruss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-10-09

http://russwoodgate@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 pm

G'day djuncleruss

Spend some time mastering the ins and outs of what you've got before pulling the plug.People are to quick these days of wanting to update from one detector to the next,without ever experiencing their detectors full potential. The TDI Pro,has the capability of canceling the hottest ground and good discrimination between Iron and non iron targets at almost full depth of target with mono coils.I'v found that both the Coiltek 14x9 Goldstalkers or same size coil in Nugget Finder,work very well with the TDI Pro,for both small and larger targets at depth.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 pm

djuncleruss,
Stick with it and learn how to tune the machine there is plenty on the net about this. I felt the same as you there are more minelab users on here including me. I have a minelab explorer SE pro that I use for coin and treasure much better discrimiation than the TDI, But I bought the TDI for gold only, even though I haven't found any gold yet I am confident still, that the TDI is a very cabable machine. I learn a little bit more every time I take it out. Just have to do a bit more reseach and learn the signs of were the gold might be. The biggest thing up here is finding a spot were detectors haven't been and thats pretty hard. I was out the last long weekend and found a likely looking spot and came across detector holes all over the place (and not filled in)! But all I found was old boot tacks from the old timers. Hope this helps, stick with it.

Cheers Peter.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down