Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settle down Sadie

+2
CrazyPete
toycru
6 posters

Go down

Settle down Sadie Empty Settle down Sadie

Post  toycru Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 pm

My first posting on a great forum, thank you to all who are providing such terrific reading for those like me who are new to the hobby cheers . I am working my way around a GPX5000 and have found a few bits that are small in size but the thrill of finding them is fantastic. I have added a Sadie (8x6 NF) to the standard Minelab Commander coils. I went to Talbot early in the week and I think Sadie needs to be called Johnny as she would not stop singing. (ironstone and damp clay Exclamation Exclamation ) A few tips on how I might settle her down in such conditions would be appreciated. At the end of the day it did not really matter as the late Autumn sun was shining, the birds were singing, is there a better place than the Aussie bush Question
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Settle down Sadie Empty Re: Settle down Sadie

Post  CrazyPete Wed May 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Quick Tip - Dont try to "overdrive" your small coils, let the coils small size
do the job on sensing small gold Very Happy

J
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Hey presto Wed May 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi toycru & welcome to the forum. This is definitely a great place to learn about our wonderful hobby and share our story's. Sorry I can't help you with your noisy Sadie! Good luck.
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 11:26 pm

G'day toycru and Q31 to the forum. I would try running the audio setting in quiet and see if this helps. Also reset your RX and Staberliser back to factory presets and see if that helps. Are you running in the special Fine gold settings as I find it better for the mineral and hot rocks. Q01 hope this helps. (small coils are more sensitive)

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Toycru,
You coil is most likely faulty.It could be not but doesnt hurt to check it.
Get back to the shop where you bought it and they will be able to sort it for you.

GoldEN

Read the comment of Golminer997 in the post. I had a similar problem and its been sorted out.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t15152-standing-by-their-product-nugget-finder#137697

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Thu May 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Thank you for the heads up. I have tried factory presets with a few tweaks with some moderate improvement. Can see no harm in returning it to have it checked out as I don't think it is operating as it should. The big doubt in all this is that it could just be operator error combined with inexperience, such is life!
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Settle down Sadie Empty Hi

Post  philip.j.thompson Thu May 23, 2013 9:57 pm

If you are running on auto tune, fine gold mono wait for the three beeps to reach auto tune and you should be okay. I'll be honest and say that no matter what the coil that works fine, except around salt lakes and trashy, human , ground.
regards Phil - also my experienced opinion and reality, may not be same for others.

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 am

Hi Phil, thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. Assistance from experienced operators is invaluable and members on this forum should be proud of the way the freely share their knowledge.
Regards, Wayne.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm

G'day Wayne,

A good way to tell if you have a problem with a coil is to put the detector on the ground with the coil flat on the ground and then give the coil a few bumps with your hand and also lightly press around the edge of the coil. If there is any response given, I would consider the coil faulty. Nugget finder have terrific after sales service.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

G'day toycru,welcome to the forum Very Happy Just a thought..if you can post your settings you used with your NF 8X6 Sadie on the General Discussion page,i'm sure a lot of the members would set you in the right direction cheers This is a great forum,with some extremely knowledgable people onboard. Your coil might not be faulty,it could be somethong as simple as fine tuning or gain and stabilizer adjustment Rolling Eyes

Cheers..Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Sun May 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks Mick and Dave.
I will try the suggestions during the coming week.
Think I may have become a bit greedy with the RX Gain setting!
It's all a bit like Tatts Lotto, so many combinations to get right, then different ground and everything changes again, just as well I love a challenge!! I love you
Regards, Wayne.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 am

Well Sadie has settled down Sleep . A bit of tinkering and following a combination of the suggestions offered, particularly the use of the auto tune function (thanks Phil), has had the desired effect. Many thanks to all those who offered their expertise.
Regards, Wayne.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 am

G'day Wayne glad to hear you have sorted your sadie out. Now you have no excuse get out there and find some nice yellow. lol! Good luck out there. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 am

Settle down Sadie Dscn5315. The results of taking advice from experienced operators, thank you to all who contributed and encouraged. Found these six tiddlers yesterday using Sadie. Have captured the children, now for the parents, hopefully they are nearby Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Nice work! Q15

Back to top Go down