Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback.

3 posters

Go down

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback. Empty 8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback.

Post  AUoptimist Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi all,
I am thinking of purchasing an 8x6 Sadie NF coil and was wondering if any members have had any experience with this coil, particularly with a ML 5000, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback. Empty Re: 8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:43 am

G'day AUoptimist,
On the first day out with this coil I ended up with seven bits for 3.5g gold nuggets. It's really great for the small stuff especially around tight areas where the bigger coils cannot reach. Hope this gets you thinking...............
Cheers,
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback. Empty 8x6 Sadie NF coil.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Uncle Bob,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been working some tight country that is for the most part heavy going with larger diametre coils, the new 8x6 NF Sadie should work well in this type of country.
It's nice to be able to get some feedback from someone that has a few hours experience with said coil.
Have you formed an opinion on how deep this coil is likely to produce results and with what size gold?.
Thanks again for the reply.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 am

I got one thin peice of gold that was 6-7 inches deep and it was 0.18g.

Back to top Go down

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback. Empty 8x6 Sadie NF coil.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Uncle Bob,
Sounds like the Sadie might be good value when chasing the yellow stuff in shallowish ground, I will have to add one to my coil collection before my next trip.
Many thanks for the info, and lets know if you have any more finds with the coil, I'm sure there will be other members sitting on the fence waiting for feedback on this coil.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 am

auoptim did you end up getting a sadie? ive been learning with one and found a few bits, but still a lot to learn. (using a 4500)
uncle bob, was wondering what gain you can run? i find its hard to run higher than 7, and stab about 10? otherwise it seems to get a bit wild (unstable) for me.....just wondering what your thoughts were on settings. i seem to pick up a lot of hotrocks and ground noise too.
cheers
gm

Last edited by goldmuss78 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : left out detector model)

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

8x6 Sadie Nugget Finder feedback. Empty Re: 8x6 Sadie NF feedback.

Post  AUoptimist Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Goldmuss78,
Sadie arrived just in time for an exploratory trip last week.
I covered a lot of ground in the 4x4 and on foot trying to locate old mine and aluvial sites with some good results, however Sadie did not get much of a run.
That said though the few hours I did use it, except for one patch of incredibly noisy ground, the coil ran quite smoothly.
From memory; on the ml5000 the gain was for the most part in the 12 to 14 range and the stabiliser about 8/9, special on the front cap, and fine gold from the menu.
The main aim of the trip was to try and sus-out as much new territory as I could with a view to a return visit at a later stage to the better looking locations for a more intense search.
Next week we are heading off for a three week trip where Sadie should get a real work-out, at the end of that trip I should have a better understanding of how this coil performs on the ML5000.
Did Sadie find anything worthwhile? Yep, one twenty cent coin about 200mm down at the camp site.
Cheers, AUoptimist.
PS: I have only had the detector, my first, since October last, so I guess that makes me a new chum to this game but steadily getting to know a bit about the machine and all of its foibles.

Last edited by AUoptimist on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 am

thanks AuO + UB,
sounds like ive be trying to get the gain too low and running stabil too high. ill have a good go with it when the weather comes good.
let you know how i go,
cheers

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 pm

i picked up the steel heel of an old miners boot at 14 inches down.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:00 am

new update on this coil.

This coil is so sensative. I was able to run the gain at 14 on the sadie where as i can only run the gain at 13 on the 11" minelab.

The coil picks up hotrocks, but in fine gold i was able to pick up a nugget under a hot rock.

so glad i spent the $$$ and purchased this coil.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down