Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?

Go down

Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?  Empty Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Just interested to see if anyone has or is using a 8' commander on a 3000 and how stable it runs on the machine, I have been using a 8 x 6 NF with great results on little nuggets but find it very sensitive to hotrocks and have to run the machine on tracking to keep it quite at times. Could someone let me know how a 8 would go with depth and if they run smooth -the machine I have runs well with mono coils..

Thanks..

Auzcrit

Back to top Go down

Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?  Empty Re: Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?

Post  kon61 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm

G'day Auscritgold.

If your 3000 runs well with mono coils,it should also run well with the 8 inch Commander Mono.The 8 inch Commander will surpass the Sadie 8x6 in depth as nugget size starts exceeding the gram+ mark. Remember that the GP Series with the introduction of the dual voltage system,was a quieter machine to run with monos over low to medium mineralized ground than the SD Series,but not as quiet running as the GPX Series.The smaller the coil the more sensitive it will also be to ground noise and the higher the ground mineralization,the noisier your mono will get.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?  Empty Re: Anyone used a 8' commander coil on a GP3000?

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks kon61 I do like my Sadie but find I'm just not getting depth, the 8com seems to be what I'm after I might get one today and see how it goes.. cheers

Back to top Go down