Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500

+4
GoldstalkerGPX
llanbric
Jonathan Porter
HOBO'S Gold
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Empty Re: B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500

Post  Qld Sandy Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I see dopey is viewing this topic and commenting on it. I use a dual speaker combo and have used both the inbuilt battery booster, as well as the B&Z to run this setup. As I haven't had the time to do serious comparisons between the 2 scenarios I can't comment on which is the best per-se. The B&Z has an advantage with an inbuilt volume control/bypass. The GPX unit can run dual speakers also and I modified my dual speakers with a switch and resistor to give a bypass/stealth function.

The jury is out for me but I will say that I have recently gone back to the B&Z setup for ease of operation.

I'll also add that detectors are offered to the public at a minimum cost factor. If/when there are alternative add-ons then it is up to the buyer to consider the benefits, if any. Some of the posts above equate a detector to other purchases and tell of 'extras". From my experience there are always extras to be had, and most of these "Enhance" B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin the goods. All of the Minelab detectors work fine on gold nuggets, although some define smaller gold better, and let's face it, there is faaaarrrrr more smaller gold available than bigger stuff.

I build hotrods for my enjoyment and "I" decide what suits me within the guidelines and rules. I don't see this as being any different from the above. It is up to ME to decide what is best to suit my requirements, with some believable input from others, but ultimately it is MY choice. I read an enormous amount of input and have decided that half of what I see is worth consideration, and less than a quarter of what I read deserves the same mention. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Who you calling dopey B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Oh I see...... B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_lol B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_lol B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_lol B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_lol
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Ya just lucky he said dopey and not DOPEY per-se
Cheers,
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 am

"I see dopey is viewing this topic and commenting on it. I use a dual speaker combo and have used both the inbuilt battery booster, as well as the B&Z to run this setup. As I haven't had the time to do serious comparisons between the 2 scenarios I can't comment on which is the best per-se. The B&Z has an advantage with an inbuilt volume control/bypass. The GPX unit can run dual speakers also and I modified my dual speakers with a switch and resistor to give a bypass/stealth function.

The jury is out for me but I will say that I have recently gone back to the B&Z setup for ease of operation."

Hope you are not referring to me. The DETacc Super Sound booster will work great with an external speaker, that is what I use on my 3000 running a single external speaker clipped on my left collar bone area and I am happy with it. It will work all models up to the 4000(but different attachment pins). BUT the DETacc is an in-line booster and it will not work properly with the 4500 battery-booster at the same time. I would like to buy the new 5000 when it comes out and then I would also like to buy the B&Z booster-2 speaker system for it. The B&Z booster is wired to cut out the 4500 battery-booster so they do not run at the same time. But when the B&Z booster is removed the 4500 battery-booster kicks in and can be used directly with the external speaker(s). That is what I learned from JP. Some people say the B&Z booster is better than the 4500 battery-booster. How much better and why(besides the by-pass advantage) I do not know??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 am

No fellas. I wasn't referring to any of you guys on this thread. I thought it would have been obvious who. B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Some among us know to whom you are referring B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_twisted

Good to see you haven't DUG yourself in too deep B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_razz B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_razz B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_razz B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_razz B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:14 pm

I think that when a person has to revert to Name Calling to get their point or opinion across then that person has entered the realm of lesser mortals..... those cretins (oops, I just name Called)whose vocabulary and education is so low that when a debate gets ahead of them and challenges their wit they become annoyed and revert to insults and name calling.... A bit like our pollies.

Speaking only for myself; I find these forums and the people who contribute to them to be very interesting, helpfull and always ready to assist anyone with questions.
When somebody makes a comment I or others do not agree with I will state my point of view and give reasons for my opinion. I do not jump in calling that person Dopey or anything else. It is much better to say nothing than to make derogatory comments that help no one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Adrian SS wrote:I do not jump in calling that person Dopey or anything else. It is much better to say nothing than to make derogatory comments that help no one.

Yep, good advice. Now tell them that and see how far you get. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 am

Sorry Chaps, I am still here. B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

HI, robby_h

Just in response to your post to me re Reduced Eddy Current Coil.

I did not say that Litz wire reduced EMI; I said that it reduced the Effects of EMI on coils, transformers and cables in circuits where Litz wire is used. This is what it was designed to do.

]In the ML coils the use of Litz wire is to prevent those eddy Currents created in any metal in their coils (mainly the metal coil windings) by EMI from power lines and other electrical devices from building up to a level that could cause a response from the detector, hence the name Reduced Eddy Current Coil.

So as I said, ML are using the wire for the purpose it was designed. The only reason ML applied for Application rights for the use of Litz Wire in their metal detector coils was to try and prevent any other company from using it in their coils and cables, which in my mind was a dirty trick because up until then Litz wire could be used by anyone anywhere in order to optimise the performance of any electronic equipment that needed shielding from EMI

I am not trying to start a war of words, I am just stating my opinion. B&Z Super Enhancer for a 4500 - Page 2 Icon_cyclops

Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  robby_h Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi Adrian,
A patent won't be granted for anything well known in the art so common uses for Litz wire can't be considered. The finding must be novel and not generally well known.

So again, the patent is based on the finding that excessive metal in the coil housing can respond as if moving relative to the coil housing when the coil is swept over magnetic minerals even though the metal is fixed in place and can't possibly move. If this isn't fully understood then the coil maker will almost certainly end up with a coil that produces what appears to be "ground noise", which isn't actually a received signal from the ground at all, but is instead a received signal from eddy currents induced in the coil at pulse switch off, and this actually occurred with some of the early third party and home brew coils where the operator wandered around hearing what he thought was target masking ground noise that didn't exist with a properly made coil and this sometimes led to some quiet ground being declared very noisy.

robby_h
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm

HI Rob.

I see the point that you are making in that when the coil moves through the magnetic field around rocks Eddy Currents are generated in the coil and the Litz Wire reduces the build up of these currents within the coil.

When the coil passes from rock to rock it is moving through a changing magnetic field due to each rock having differing field strengths and this enables the production of Eddy Current EMFs within the coil.

When a piece of metal passes through a changing magnetic field eddy currents are created in the metal these currents have their own magnetic fields. Which in turn react against the original field. (This is how Magnetic Braking and Damping is created)

Whether the coil moves through a changing magnetic field (from rock to rock) or whether it is either stationary OR moving through an alternating EMF like mains power, the end result is the same in that Eddy Currents are generated within the coil, and the purpose of the Litz Wire is as I said, to reduce the effects of changing magnetic fields on electronic circuitry irrespective of whether it is a metal detector or any other piece of elec equipment.]

I struggle to see how ML have been able to pluck out of the air just one particular coil type out of the billions of coils on this planet that are wound from Litz Wire and be able to say that nobody other than ML can (legally) use this wire in that particular coil type.

Congratulations to them I guess.

Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:56 pm

[quote="Beer Beeper"] I use a dual speaker combo and have used both the inbuilt battery booster, as well as the B&Z to run this setup. As I haven't had the time to do serious comparisons between the 2 scenarios I can't comment on which is the best per-se. The B&Z has an advantage with an inbuilt volume control/bypass. The GPX unit can run dual speakers also and I modified my dual speakers with a switch and resistor to give a bypass/stealth function.

Could you show me how to make a twin speaker system. Did you do this or wire this yourself. Does it take more out of the bats when set up as twin speakers? Do you find the twin system helped with regard to comfort, I sometimes find myself tilting my head in favor of the speaker.

K2
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:23 am

G'day K2

There is a fair bit of info here on speakers and twin speakers, scroll down through the pages and it will become clearer.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/equipment-accessories-f21/speakers-or-headphones-t151.htm?highlight=twin+speakers

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 am

Thank you, I will take a look.

K2
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down