Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector?

2 posters

Go down

Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector? Empty Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector?

Post  bicter Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi all,
I'm heading to Port hedland after Easter for a week of work. Is it worth taking my detector (GPX5000) and having a detect before/after work. Anyone from Hedland on the forum that can provide assistance with info?
Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector? Empty Re: Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector?

Post  pilbarachad Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey mate,
Nothing real close to Hedland as far as i know (not like karratha), closest spot i know of is about 80km out of town. You never know though, you could luck onto the next pilbara super patch (make sure you let me know where it is if you find it Smile Are you up over a weekend? What time do you finish work and do you have access to a 4x4??? Dont forget it still stinking hot here at the moment aswell. PM us if you want to know more.

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector? Empty Re: Visiting Port Hedland for a week, should I take my detector?

Post  bicter Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Bummer about no patches. I'll probably be working long hours as we're under tight deadlines.
I may be able to swing a weekend in the trip but travel from Brisbane chews up a fair bit of time.
Which direction from Hedland is the closest area?
Appreciate the comment re the heat. I was up there for a couple of days in Feb.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down