Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laws for visiting prospectors

3 posters

Go down

Laws for visiting  prospectors Empty Laws for visiting prospectors

Post  ManxDan Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:09 am

Ok, I know I've got to find some first but can anyone tell me about any restrictions on taking gold out of Australia? As I understand it you can take your gold home up to a certain values worth.
My old Dad's worried I'll be stopped at the airport and locked up Shocked I've tied to reassure him I'll be ok but it would be nice to know the facts.

Thanks

Dan.
ManxDan
ManxDan
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Laws for visiting  prospectors Empty Re: Laws for visiting prospectors

Post  Chookfoot Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:36 am

Dan,
You gotta find some first !
Then if you do find some :-
Seems as long as it's maket value is less than $250,000 you're OK (after that you will need an export permit)
http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/acsmanual_vol12.pdf
So if you get more than 200 Oz or so, you better start putting them back ! Laws for visiting  prospectors Lol

Last edited by Chookfoot on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mess up)
Chookfoot
Chookfoot
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  sleepr Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:45 am

leave some for us...i remember when the west indies cricket team was visiting in WA... we use to go to the airport when they left to make sure they weren't pinching any of our women... Laws for visiting  prospectors Icon_lol
sleepr
sleepr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ManxDan Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 am

Thanks chookfoot that's just what I was looking for. I'll show my Dad that to stop him worrying. $250,000 worth though? Crikey, If I found that much I wouldn't be going home, not for a long time anyway Very Happy
Sleeper, we have the same problem here. When the TT races are on, all the young ladies suddenly become biker fans and the local lads are forgotten Laughing
ManxDan
ManxDan
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down