Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

minelab painted circuit boards

3 posters

Go down

minelab painted circuit boards Empty minelab painted circuit boards

Post  zacc Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:21 pm

i am curious why do minelab paint the circuit boards < is it to help stop interference?

zacc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

minelab painted circuit boards Empty Re: minelab painted circuit boards

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

yeah...from the detector mollesters minelab painted circuit boards Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 pm

It covers the identification numbers of the resisters, transformers and other items on the circuit board, therefore making it difficult for others who want to steal the technology they use and duplicate it.

Minelab spend a lot of money in research so if others duplicate their circuit board, they get the research for free. The actual cost of a detector is a lot cheaper than what it is sold for so we pay the price for the research as well.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  zacc Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm

thanks for that , i can see the sense in that. cheers

zacc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi Zacc,
You shouldn't be sticking your nose inside the box as it is very easy to do damage which can cost a lot of money to fix, not alone the screwdriver slipping on the front covers. The best thing you could do for yourself is get hold of someone that prospects and show you the ropes, a couple of hours should do it and you will never look back!!
Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Sat May 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Earlier on the boards were two different colours as they were made in different locations.I was told the white boards played up less but who nows.Maybe an urban myth.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 am

Gday

I remember that with the sd2100's there was a white and a grey circuit board, one was more sort after than the other and I think it may have been the white one, apparently it was quieter or more sensitive than the grey one or something like that.

Anyway as stated earlier the boards were painted to hide the component numbers so I wonder if depending on the type of paint used the paint itself may have been causing some of the issues?, and also I would have thought that it would have effected the circuit components ability to dissapate heat.

Also I read somewhere that blokes messing about with them doing mods, were spraying hair spray on them to remove the paint, I wouldnt recommend this though unless you know what you are doing, or even messing about with any internal components, send it off to minelab they know what they are doing.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down