Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RICH GOLD FIND

2 posters

Go down

RICH GOLD FIND Empty RICH GOLD FIND

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 am

PHENOMENALLY RICH GOLD FIND.

In connection with the rich gold find at the Grattesh Warwick goldfield, reliable information to hand shows that the mine promises to develop into something extra-ordinary. Yesterday the discoverer (Mr. Martindale) washed out three dishes from a hole 2 ft. deep. The first dish went 2oz., the second 3 oz., and the third 10oz. In the latter was one piece weighing 3 oz. 6 dwt. almost pure gold. This washing took place in the presence of Mr. T. F.Groom and other members of the Brisbane Stock Exchange, who were present on the field. Thirty-six ounces has been taken from this pot-hole during the past few days.

The Advertiser
Wednesday 1 July 1903

Alluvial Gold Discovery.

It is reported that a party of miners prospecting at Eureka Gully", eight miles from Grenfell, have struck alluvial gold. A washing of 5 dishes of dirt is said to have yielded 5dwt; one coarse piece weighing 4dwt, and the remainder being fine gold. The discovery was made on Mr. Edward Bush's freehold land at the foot of the old Evening Star Reef. The shaft was bottomed at 230ft, and the wash is 21/2 ft thick. All available land has been applied for, and news from Grenfell says there is nothing to justify a "rush" to the locality.

Australian Town and Country Journal
Saturday 23 July 1898

THE ULOLOO DIGGINGS.

BURRA, March 26.
The Warden of the Gold-fields (Mr. Peterswald) returned this morning with 27 dwts. of first-class "gold, which was obtained after 10 hours'" washing"
Gold has also been found at Scrubber's Camp Mine,' about three miles from Westoott's . The prospects lower down the creek are also excellent. Moat of the people at work have obtained gold. Proper appliances are required, so that success may tie ensured.

The South Australian Advertiser
Monday 27 March 1871

WAOKARINGA GOLD FIELD.

(reporter’s telegram).

Adelaide, Wednesday.
No more nuggets are being Found at Teetulpa, but diggers are getting gold by washing. Warden's report gives a good prospect of a payable Bed.
On Wednesday a petition, signed by about 200 persons, was presented to the Commissioner of Public Works, requesting him to grant free passes to the goldfields. The Commissioner stated that the Government had discontinued issuing free passes, and therefore he could not grant the request of the memorialist.
About 50 men returned from the field by today’s train, and about as many left town for Teetulpa.

Bendigo Advertiser
Thursday 28 October 1886

http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/

Back to top Go down

RICH GOLD FIND Empty Re: RICH GOLD FIND

Post  marty Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Good stuff very interesting. Thanks MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 pm

I need a two foot hole which gives me 2 oz to the dish !!! Ya reckon there would be some left ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Ark wrote:I need a two foot hole which gives me 2 oz to the dish !!! Ya reckon there would be some left ?

I can only wish lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

can I get a couple of them holes too please! cheers
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:52 pm

lol! Only two mate .... me i want as many as i can get cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Two wouldu been fine, but if they come in buckets, well that'l screw that plan lol!
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

lol! a man after me own heart lol! lol!

Back to top Go down