Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old newbie saying g'day

Go down

Old newbie saying g'day Empty Old newbie saying g'day

Post  DetectorDave Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello all,

I'm returning to this hobby after a very long break. My WA miners right is actually dated December 1984, so I'm an old newbie, but I have been based in Sydney for many years.
I semi-retired recently and went for a trip to the triangle in Victoria for a few weeks. Enjoyed it a lot and have decided to go back there after Christmas.

A lot has changed since I was swinging a goldbug around WA all those years ago. Seems to be a lot more restrictions in place for the hobby prospector.
I managed to obtain a fossicking permit for NSW forests and hope to be exploring some of those in the near future.

I have a question for fellow NSW prospectors ... There is a forest I'd like to explore but according to Minview there is a blanket EL covering it.
If I have a forest fossicking permit, do I still need permission from the mining company who holds the EL? I've checked the rules & regs but it's not very clear.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to learning all the new tips and tricks for detecting in the 21st century.

Cheers, DetectorDave

DetectorDave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Old newbie saying g'day Empty Re: Old newbie saying g'day

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 pm

G'day DetectorDave and welcome to the forum... Wish you luck on your return to this great hobby and hope you find plenty... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down