Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gday everyone

2 posters

Go down

gday everyone Empty gday everyone

Post  tagalt Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Gday, im a young bloke who was given gold fever from my old man,
trying to detect the triangle, ive been out 3 times and now have 4 pieces to my name the biggest so far being 2.6g

so i went out for a look on wednesday with a 5000, found 3 little pieces within 1m of eachother,
tried to work what i thought might be a patch but being a rookie i dont know what to look for,
if anyone experienced is willing to teach me im more than happy to show you where i found them and see if we can find more.
ive read tons of info on paper but actually being there is totaly different, trying to learn the lie of the land so long ago.
im just guessing. frustrating and exciting at the same time. like everyone else i have a million questions to ask if anyone is willing to answer/help?.

tagalt
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

gday everyone Empty Re: gday everyone

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Well done ! We're they in a line ? Those little bits ? We're they on the flat of a gully or on the side of a couture ? What type of soil were they in ? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm

G'day tagalt and welcome to the forum.. Very Happy .. Sounds like your doing everything right as there is not to many newbies that find gold in the short time that you have... As for trying to work out if your onto a patch you have to work the area very thoroughly... Try to see where you think the gold has come from and where it is going to... You have to try to see the lay of the land slopes, dips or hollows... Type of gravel is it rounded or sharp and jagged if the later the source may be close by... Same goes for the nuggets you have found are they smooth and worn looking or sharp and jagged... Just some of the indications... Hope this helps...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  tagalt Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:28 pm

hi,
yeah they were in an almost perfect line, on a small flatish area, only very shallow, ground was full of hot rocks i think ironstone. there was a dry current day creek and i found them up on the edge of the bank. looked like someone had piled up large sized ironstone rocks all along the edge of the creek? it didnt really look like they were there naturally.
i worked the area but only with 1 coil, a nugget finder, (bill payer) i think its nicknamed.
not sure really how to use my deeper coil yet.
considering the pieces were small and almost on the surface would there be any deeper gold?

tagalt
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 pm

tagalt wrote:hi,
yeah they were in an almost perfect line, on a small flatish area, only very shallow, ground was full of hot rocks i think ironstone. there was a dry current day creek and i found them up on the edge of the bank. looked like someone had piled up large sized ironstone rocks all along the edge of the creek? it didnt really look like they were there naturally.
i worked the area but only with 1 coil, a nugget finder, (bill payer) i think its nicknamed.
not sure really how to use my deeper coil yet.
considering the pieces were small and almost on the surface would there be any deeper gold?

Who knows! But it sounds like a great place to do some serious detecting! Don't show this to anyone that you wouldn't trust with you life! Go and get some instruction from professionals and then go back to your spot and put into practice what you have learned .

Back to top Go down

Post  Cujimmy Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Congrats on finding the gold Tagalt.

I'd be going over the area exhaustively looking for more.
If you are finding small bits of gold, then you are doing it right. Very Happy
Can I suggest pegging out the area in stages and going over it real low and real slow.
Keep the spot to yourself, eh (I would) lol.

Hope you find the big one mate!

CuJimmy. Very Happy
Cujimmy
Cujimmy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  tagalt Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am

thanks for the advice,
ill go back there next week and try the patch with a different coil,
am still learning how to use the detector but have a bit of new info on settings that might help.
i have a commander 15" elipitical, worth trying?

tagalt
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down