Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satellite Internet

4 posters

Go down

Satellite Internet Empty Satellite Internet

Post  llochris2 Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Has anybody heard of or have a satellite internet service.We have read of a company called Australian Nomad Technologies which deal in satellite internet.So if anybody has any info would like to hear from you.Lloyd Satellite Internet Icon_question
llochris2
llochris2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Satellite Internet Empty Re: Satellite Internet

Post  Tributer Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:53 am

Hi Llyod, I have 2 way satellite at home (in the bush). The government pays for the installation and you are required to go on a 2 year year contract with one of the many providers. Then the gear is yours. (big dish though). Plenty of info on the forums like cnet.

If you want a portable 2 way satellite system for your vehicle?? i don't know whats available. Via sat phone would cost the earth i think but there must be some portable fold our dish available.

Its possible to aim the dish towards the satellite you need and get a signal with a little bit of calculation.

Must be one or 2 members who have got it worked out for remote areas and can shed some light. I would like to know myself.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Satellite Internet Empty Avatar

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am

Hi Tributer,
I noticed your avatar, it looks like a piece of jewelry made from gold, would i be on the right track?
Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Lloyd,

I install satnet and sat tv on remote stations and schools throughout NT NSW QLD & SA, but they are static setups as per Tributers home unit and not sutable for mobile use unless you're an installer.

Take a wander through the link below, as some of your questions have been asked and some answers and links may help.

cheers

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/532004.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Ron, yes the jewellery is a fine example of an 1800's australian miners brooch. They were popular at the time even with people who only visited the goldfields and many jewellers made them.

Some are basic and some are very intricate with windlass and nuggets and detailed rivets in the shovels etc. If you google "miners brooch" some images and info is readilly online.

They are sought after collector items and when they come up in auctions there is always intense competition for them with some buyers, including museums willing to just keep bidding way above the estimate. Their value is skyrocketing.

I am after any that you see for sale?
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Satellite Internet Empty Miners Brooch

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Tributer,
Well you've started something there, such a fascinating object D art , so many different models it looks as though they are all different a collectors dream come true.Not that people wear brooches much these days, but for people making jewelry, certainly a collectors piece.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Interesting topic which I am currently investigating.
Met a couple on a recent trip and they hook up their laptop to their mobile phone they claimed it wasn't expensive using prepaid and limiting their downloads to important info from family.
If I can find some info will post here.

Maybe Tributer got his avatar from here and should be careful regards "copyright"?
https://leonardjoel.com.au/lot_details.php?lot=63780#

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushed-Tracker Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:34 pm

It is available now - but expensive. Contact this mob:
Sound in Motion. Shop1, 27 Coronation Avenue
Nambour 4560
Web: www.soundinmotion.com.au
Email: nambour@soundinmotion.com.au
Phone: 07 5476 2899 07 5476 2899
Fax: 07 5476 2342

They supply full auto tuning salellite dishes that are mounted on the roof of caravans - or a vehicle. I think the price tag is around $3,000 ish. They are a very good organisation who do all the TV and audio fit-outs in Bushtracker Caravans. Maybe they can supply manual tuning stand alone dihes that you erect and tune yourself - same like the sat TV systems many caravanners have.

Regards

John
Bushed-Tracker
Bushed-Tracker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Here is a link to a whirlpool thread on portable satellite. As the thread progresses you will see that people have made it work with ease.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/91751.html

The smaller dishes that you need for camping are available quite cheaply.

Remember if you do not have access to broadband because you live in the bush the government subsidizes the cost of the dish, box and cable and installation. You get the gear for free via the 2 way sat internet providers then make it portable with a smaller dish. wollah, internet anywhere.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down