Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise

3 posters

Go down

KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise Empty KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise

Post  krazycaptain Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Good evening all.
On my last trip out here in WA my KOSS headphones were found to be crackling and had noise reduction when I bent down to inspect a possible target. The sound from the headphones would drop when I bent down to dig but when I stood up the sound at the headphones would return to normal. On inspection of the cable all looks good but at the plug end there is a molded connection between the cable and the plug the moulded connection around the cable has cracked which. Can the plug be replaced and or do I have to replace the headset?
I would be happy to hear from anyone who has suffered a similar situation and or solution. Cheers Captain
krazycaptain
krazycaptain
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise Empty Re: KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise

Post  Maestro Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi krazycaptain,

What you described is a common fault with moulded plastic plugs...they flex and the internal wires eventually develop a crack in them and create intermittent problems.

Get the plastic plug replaced with a metal shelled plug...they cost less than $5 to buy...Jaycar electronics sell them.

cheers

Maestro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise Empty Re: KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise

Post  deutran Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi Krazycaptain
I just fixed one with the same fault,there's nylon inside which goes hard in the cold mornings and cracks pulling the wires part,just put a good quality plug on and your away.The manual has the connection details.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

KOSS UR 30 Headphone noise Empty Koss headphones

Post  krazycaptain Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Good afternoon Steve,
Thanks for the picture. Was very handy when I was purchasing the new phone jacks from Jaycar Busselton.
Will fit when I return to Kookynie. Thanks
John
krazycaptain
krazycaptain
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down