Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld

3 posters

Go down

Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld Empty Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld

Post  rc62burke Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi To all members in Brisbane & Surrounds.
I had a phone call yesterday from a guy in Brisbane who had just bought a detector, He wanted to do a trip up to NQ very soon, I gave him the best advise I could for this time of year, Don't bother to hot & soon to be to wet & virtually know one goes out unless they live right on the goldfields, I advised him to join this forum as there are some guy's in Brisbane that get out a bit that he may be able to hook up with to learn the ropes, I also told him that next year when the wet season is over he could come up here on one of our club trips & we would give him as much help as is required.
So if you guy's are able to help this is him: sdragut

Cheers
Lee

Last edited by Jefgold on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add his name)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld Empty Re: Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld

Post  maka Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Best tip for Brisbane is jump in ya car and go west 3 hours.
Stay at Glendon camp grounds past Warwick, and your pretty close to the mark..
Or north to north arm or Gympie and surrounding areas..
For patches closer to Brisbane good luck, I havent found any..Only single lil bits in weird places..
Try Laceys creek, Mt Byron, and Camp mountain
Always good to have Brisbane guys here..
You could look up myself
Fatninja.
Madmaverick.
Byteman.
Bullant
To name a few..
Out Warwick way you have Twobit, and Bruce.. Bruce runs tours at Glendon and a top bloke and great for a laugh.. And his knowledge he shares freely.
Theres still Gold at Glendon, for panning/ sluicing, but it may take quite a while to find some swinging..
You will find once u know one or 2 guys. Its impossible to go anywhere without meeting new people to detect with..
I am off to Glendon this weekend coming up. And will be there for 3 weeks at xmas..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld Empty Re: Members in Brisbane- Detecting in Qld

Post  maka Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Your better off meeting as many people as you can. Some swing every week, some once a month, some are crazy, some are sane..
Water finds its own level, and i am sure he will find a partner here somewhere..
When i swing i go for about 10 to 12 hrs a day, not many want to do that day in day out for very little result...
I get in gold hunt mode like a beagle and just cant stop myself...
Grab the kmz file for google earth and start planning a trip, to anywhere u think looks good..
And if your ever at Glendon drop into Nugget gully, Ask for the Mayor or Maka, or Gavin, Or Makaw.. ( all me) And say G'Day..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi Maka
Good on ya for the response, I hope someone can help him out,
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twobit Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:45 am

next week its going to be 38-40 degrees out this way
34-36 warwick area
If your friend dont mind the heat theres lots of places out this way (warwick)
Grab a stanthorpe number 64 map from DEEDI even though its not accurate it gives you close proximities to alluvial and reef gold mines.
LOTS of WATER!!! I got dehydrated once got a kidney stone and oh man alive did that hurt<- Just saying thought i was giving birth to twins!!!

Like Maka said theres a lot of us always going to the goldfields and most of us are on here if he sees a 6 foot 4 redhead bloke with a hunchback (minlab shafts are for shorter people) that be me.

Cheers
Twobit

twobit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 am

Looks like its time to set up for a night swing or sluice..And spend the day laying in a waterhole like a hippo..
Might get another stobe light for the car so i can find my way back.. I get disorientated swinging at night, unless i can see that North star out there, but it sits low on the horizion, so its hard to find when your in thicker scrub..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down