Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy from Brisbane

2 posters

Go down

New guy from Brisbane Empty New guy from Brisbane

Post  DylanR Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi guys and gals,

I'm Dylan from Brisbane. I have been researching for a long while now and decided I'm ready to mingle with the pros.

I have noticed there isn't a great deal of information on Brisbane on the internet, so my mission is to gather and post as much useful information about this region as possible.

There appears to be numerous sites around SEQ with enormous potential, and a few old timers here finding some amazing stuff.

This is only the beginning! Look forward to speaking with other Brisneyland residents and those nationwide.

EDIT: Just a quick edit - I am very keen to get out and searching however I am still researching / in the market for a detector. Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the new GPZ 7000's, but they seem quite expensive for what they are. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers!

--Dylan

DylanR
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-15

Back to top Go down

New guy from Brisbane Empty Re: New guy from Brisbane

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Dylan

Ask yourself how much time will you be spending on detecting. If you are going to spend a lot of time then the top of the range detector is fine, however living in Brisbane means that you have to travel a fair way to go detecting. I suggest you buy a 4500 or a 5000 at this stage and if you find that you are successful then upgrade. It is a difference of $5000 and you have to buy other offroad equipment if you are going into the goldfields
Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DylanR Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks very much for your reply Jeff.

I have been pondering this question for a while. I run a small business which is pretty cruizy and I have a lot of free time. I also have two kids, one which is coming up to the age where I think he may find this kind of thing quite interesting. (Turning 4)

I think I will invest in a 4500 and try my luck, because as you mentioned travel is going to be a bummer.

I am keen to up and give it a go, and so far I am looking at Camp Mountain. There seems to be some promise in those hills.

If anyone has any experience in that area, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks again, and look forward to hearing from the group!

DylanR
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Welcome aboard Dylan  cheers

I have a GPX4500, great machine. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down