Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie From Brisbane

5 posters

Go down

Newbie From Brisbane Empty Newbie From Brisbane

Post  abundy62 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Guys and Gals
I am new to the detecting part of gold prospecting. The only thing i have done is a bit of panning which I must say started a little fire in me that just wont go out. I have looked at heaps of posts and vids on detecting.
There is heaps of information out there, most of it is useful to me some of it I dont understand. I guess the may I do the more i will understand. Have done a bit of research on detectors and have settled on the AT GOLD. I must say I have read a couple of posts in this forum on the AT GOLD and to tell the truth am starting to doubt my decision. I have read all Golds have been upgraded to suit Aussie conditions as of early 2012. My question is .. How do you know the unit you are purchasing is not old stock someone is flogging off in a deal of a lifetime? How do you find out the build date on the unit? Is it safe to purchase from US in one of those package deals eg Kellyco Metal Detectors?
Am I barking up the wrong tree and creating a problem that is not there. Can someone put me on the right path. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Thanks jefgold for the welcome.

abundy62

abundy62
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Brisbane Empty Re: Newbie From Brisbane

Post  getascripter Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

G'day abundy62 ... I'm Kate from SA. Can't help you with your questions about the brand of detector etc. but just wanted to stop by and say G'day! Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Brisbane Empty Newbie From Brisbane

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am

Welcome to the world of the elusive metal, I cant help you with your question on detector, but please dont bark up the wrong tree THATS MY JOB , I wish you luck and i am sure there are users on here that know about the brand you are looking at .just post it in section about detectors or general area i am sure you will get replies. good luck with your new found hobby.
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  abundy62 Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Guys and Gals
Thanks for the welcome. I am now an owner of a detector, i went off on a different direction. Lone Wolf, i was barking up wrong tree. I might not be in the right tree now, but i feel in the right forest . I purchased a TDI PRO. Not the best by a lot of opinions, but somewhere close that i can afford. We will see how we go. Its all a learning curve sort of like an initiation so to speak everyone's done it, like being an apprentice.Purchased from Goldsearch they were very helpful and shipped the same day as order. now its in Aust Post's hands? No doubt i will have a heap of questions once i turn it on will keep you posted.

cheers All
abundy62

abundy62
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Brisbane Empty Brisbane gold panning

Post  don kelsall Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello everyone! Im an active "gold panner" from Victoria British Columbia Canada. I will be flying to Brisbane then cairns for 2 weeks. arriving February 11th. I would love to meet people who enjoy the "Gold hunt" and visit the local clubs.If anyone is interested in possibly taking me out to look for gold id be so appreciative.
I hope some people reply so we can meet and talk. Cheers! Don Kelsall

don kelsall
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm

G'day don kelsall and welcome to the forum... Very Happy ..I wish you well with your holiday here in Aus... As I live in Vic I can't really help with your visit to NQ...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi Don,
I dont know if you are brining your detector, but if you are, and you can make your way to the Palmer River roadhouse, see Andy or Karen and ask to detect on Maitland Downs Station. It used to cost $5 per day. You will get a map, make your way to the northern or north-western edges of the detecting area and remember 'low and slow'!!!
Good luck!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Brisbane Empty brisbane

Post  don kelsall Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

thank you for your reply! Unfortunatly I know nobody there, Im not familiar with anywhere there lol. I would love to meet with some people, talk ask questions. Like I said Id gladly pay for my way, just need to be in contact. Ill be there on the 11th.

don kelsall
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down