Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club

4 posters

Go down

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club Empty Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club

Post  gcause Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi All,

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club and attended my first meeting.

They had about 50 people at the meeting of varying ages and with varying prospecting experience.

I took along my home made metal detector and was asked to give a quick talk on how I built it, it was well received and later a few people tried it out.
Turns out there were a couple of people there who had also built their own detector years ago.

Ces one of the long term members also gave a talk on the use of Mercury and how to handle it safely, how to build and use a retort to get the gold out of it. He has used it for years without trouble to get the really fine gold out of the pan.

After the talks were over they drew out the door raffle and awarded prizes.

Once the formal part of the evening was over people mingled and discussed prospecting. Its obvious there is a lot of experience in the group. Met one fellow who prospects full-time travelling around Australia throughout the goldfields and he shared a few tales of his travels.

They are running a training day which will have around 40 people attending and I will be going along to that in a couple of weeks time.

They are also planning a few trips out into the goldfields and other places and I hope to get along to those also.

If you are interested in coming along to their meetings they meet in the Kalinga Scout hall at the end of Bertha Street, Woolowin on the third Thursday of every month at 7pm.

I can highly recommend the club to all they are a great bunch of people and have a lot of experience they are happy to share with everyone. Very Happy

Regards,

Grant
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club Empty Clubs

Post  charcoal_chaser Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 am

Hi Grant lucky u sounds like a lot of like minded people to point u in the right direction , lucky to find 1 another detectorist here in Coffs , do they have a web site or news letter u can post for us desperados ............ Garry Sad

charcoal_chaser
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club Empty Clubs

Post  emas88 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Garry, There is a website for the club just google Brisbane Metal Detecting club Cheers Peter

emas88
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club Empty Re: Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club

Post  gcause Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Their website is:

http://sites.google.com/site/brismet2/

Having only just joined I dont have any phone numbers unfortunately.

They are running a training day in two weeks time on Sunday the 26th and it starts at 9am you need to contact them first if you want to go along as they already have 40 people booked in for this one.

Here is how I got in contact with them in the first instance:

brisbanedetecting@gmail.com

To join the club it costs $35 for an individual membership or $45 for a family membership and it is an annual fee.

If you do the family membersihp make sure to put down the names of anyone in your family who is likely to attend any of the events over time. They need this for their public liability insurance that they provide to cover club members on outings.

Look forward to meeting you at the club sometime.
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Just joined the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club Empty GOLD DETECTING

Post  don kelsall Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

I would love to hear back from other panners/detecters to go out and search for some gold. My cell number is 778 678 8951 ask for Don

don kelsall
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down