Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarnagulla Victoria

2 posters

Go down

Tarnagulla Victoria Empty Tarnagulla Victoria

Post  goldentim Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey everyone, just wondering how the tarnagulla area is going these days? I was there a few years back and am thinking about returning this year. I had planned to return to WA this year but it looks like I wont be able to make it this time around so plan B is Vic. Does anyone know how much a unpowered site is at tarnagulla caravan park, I will be in a tent. I dont know why but I just liked the look of the ground around that place, and the first nugget I ever found came out of the diggings over the back of the caravan park hill, 17.5 grams with a eureka gold detector.
cheers
p.s. anyone who was on PennyWeights WA tour last year or John Dyers WA tour and lives in Victoria and would like to catch up for a bit of detecting I am aiming to be down that way by about early May, so let us know..
Tim..
goldentim
goldentim
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Tarnagulla Victoria Empty Re: Tarnagulla Victoria

Post  echidnadigger Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Tim,
Wouldn'T it be great if you didn't get a reply because no one Knew about the area?
The bad news is that it is a very well known and well worked area.
The good news is: Its a well known area for bigger gold and gold is still being found there.
Good luck.
Brett.
echidnadigger
echidnadigger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  goldentim Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:03 pm

hey, yeah I have heard about tarnagulla as being a big gold area thats what drew me to that place for the first time, im the sort of person who will try the most unlikely places I call them the "dickhead" spots as these spots are often over looked by others. I will probably just start off at Tarnagulla and see how it goes, if no yellow shows up in a couple of weeks I shall move else where.
that fish is called a leather jacket, caught in Lake Maquarie NSW. You acually have to peel the skin off instead of scaling them as they have this leathery course skin, great eating fish though.
cheers
Tim.
goldentim
goldentim
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  echidnadigger Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Tim,
Well done you have just given away one of the best tips for prospectors now days. LOL
Good luck and good approach.
Brett.
echidnadigger
echidnadigger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down