Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out

+12
Lantana
Ismael
HOBO'S Gold
Jonathan Porter
Col Douglas
24kt
deutran
MS
Razgo
nero_design
kon61
mulgadansa
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty Re: Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am

[quote="24kt"]

Once they find out the true cost of these GPX's I'm more than sure they will not be happy campers. Remember the Sudanese people could of imported these detectors ( NEW ) from the USA at a normal price LOL. So charging these people some ridiculous price on the detectors cause they have found GOLD, Is this moral and ethical business practice ask yourself this question?

When does moral and/or ethical business practice come into the equation. Is that moral/ethic to crank_up the price ? Sorry of the topic

Cheers

mate you should check your facts before rambling on

a) they could not get 4500's from america as there were none

b)the 4500's were landing in the next country and smuggled across the border (this is how mine ended up there....for a good profit too cheers )

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty Re: Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out

Post  Vertigo Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:28 am

24kt wrote:
Vertigo wrote:

PMSFL you make me laugh at first and now I'm in deep thought Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Suspect

Vertigo," guess that's why the 4500's were selling so cheap in the Sudan..." can you put a dollar $$$$.$$ numerical value as to what they were selling for in Sudan?

Cheers

PMSFL ?, is that Practical Money Skills For Life?

Apparently you fellas don't remember the outrageous prices in Sudan, upwards of $15,000. US dealers couldn't even get a 4500 from ML.

In all honesty, I have no idea why ML charges you more than in the US. Whether it's market factors, taxes, re-importation fees, or just plain gouging, only ML has the answer. However, I can assure you that some of ML's business decisions are not well though out. Their recent US trade-in incentive program is a good example. Who ever thought that one up didn't know $hit from Shinola. It wasn't until a US dealer pointed out how stupid it was did they revised the program.

I guess all I can do is feeling sorry for you poor Aussies. An extra $1000 for the best detector on the best gold fields in the world, woe-is-me. I think I figured it was gonna cost me about $12,000 to make the trip there, minus the $1000 I saved on the GPX of course.

LOL Vertigo very close .. but PMSFL internet acronym/abbreviation = PissingMySelfF@#$%&Laughing which I'm sure you knew Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Now you feel sorry for us aussie's for paying more spare a thought for the rich Sudanese being blatantly ripped of for the whole world to see cause for the reason they have discovered a rich gold field in their home land.

Supply out succeed demand , yet all the trade-in secondhand units here in Australia filtered there way into Sudan by some scrupulous business man seizing a opportunity to riff the Sudanese people off. I'm sure if the Sudanese prospectors where aware of how blatantly they had been ripped off the would skim the guy alive LOL.

Once they find out the true cost of these GPX's I'm more than sure they will not be happy campers. Remember the Sudanese people could of imported these detectors ( NEW ) from the USA at a normal price LOL. So charging these people some ridiculous price on the detectors cause they have found GOLD, Is this moral and ethical business practice ask yourself this question?

When does moral and/or ethical business practice come into the equation. Is that moral/ethic to crank_up the price ? Sorry of the topic

Cheers

PS : Here have a laugh http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2010/paul-zerdin-ventriloquist-without-dummy-p1.php [/quote]

I didn't say what happened in Sudan was right, nor did I pay any role in selling to the UAE midde men. My only point was the market will set the price. Furthermore, all the collective moaning about retail price in Oz will not likely change the 5000's price point. As long as Mineab is meeting their market share don't hold your breath waiting for a reduction.

Vertigo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty now what facts seems to have bothered you? be more specific??

Post  24kt Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:14 am

[quote="fencejumper"]
24kt wrote:

Cheers

b)the 4500's were landing in the next country and smuggled across the border (this is how mine ended up there....for a good profit too cheers )

Hi fencejumper , now what facts seems to have bothered you? be more specific??

One quick question, Why have you chosen the nickname " fencejumper " and what is it's significance meaning to you ?

You in your own statement admit to guilty practise dealings and make a " good profit too " before I start naming and shaming persons or as you would say', " rambling on ". This might be seen as a personal attack but certainly isn't the case.

Cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 am

Not that it has anything to do with the original thread question...however I believe all unmined/'unfound' gold in Sudan is 'owned' by the Government and it is illegal for ordinary prospectors to find or sell it....I believe the 'prospectors' were over eager to get their hands on detectors by any means...and if they were selling their gold illegally would have been more than happy to pay 'any' price for the GPX's or the coil of their choice the Commander 12 x 15 Commander Mono....which is why that coil fetched huge sums.....why?..because one of the first persons finding the gold used one I believe....so it had to be the best money could buy...huge money...ill gotton gains by desperate people spent on illegal merchandise..the' prospectors' are ripped off by the sellers of detectors and coils..the prospectors are ripping off the Government...the gold buyers are ripping off the Prospectors and the Government....the Gold Buyers then become sellers and rip off the next buyers who are happy to pay it......where's the victim?.sounds like everyones happy like Australian GPX5000 dectector buyers/owners.....I will ask once again....market forces of supply and demand have dictated prices since the BC Roman brothels..where your own desires and the size of your detector I believe did not matter..the size of your coin purse did.....why would it ever change?.so ad infinitum..Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 am

larry303 wrote:... I believe all unmined/'unfound' gold in Sudan is 'owned' by the Government and it is illegal for ordinary prospectors to find or sell it...

The Sudanese government created import fees for detectors and licenses to Prospect within the first few months of the rush getting underway. $12,000 for a licence was the first figure. This got a whole lot cheaper as less gold was found.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:57 am

...and I guess thats why they weren't paying their licence fees from the beginning and prospecting illegally.and thus selling it illegally..are you saying anyone prospecting legally <if there was any who could afford the fees> was allowed to keep their gold 100% by the Sudanese Government?...

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

Nero,there you go ,history repeating itself once more.Did not the Aus government do the same with miners rights back in the 1860s hence "The Eureka Stockade" Like Ive said in the past,apart from supply and demand dictating our daily lives,"Where there's a carcass to be picked clean,the vultures will gather".

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 am

[quote="24kt"]
fencejumper wrote:
24kt wrote:

Cheers

Hi fencejumper , now what facts seems to have bothered you? be more specific??

One quick question, Why have you chosen the nickname " fencejumper " and what is it's significance meaning to you ?

You in your own statement admit to guilty practise dealings and make a " good profit too " before I start naming and shaming persons or as you would say', " rambling on ". This might be seen as a personal attack but certainly isn't the case.

Cheers

not sure how much clearer i could of been, but here goes

you stated= Remember the Sudanese people could of imported these detectors ( NEW ) from the USA at a normal price LOL.

not true as no dealers had 4500's and if they did they could not just import them through legal channels

and as for my nickname.....why not

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Brooksy888,

Been importing fishing gear for years, the way to beat all duties and taxes is to have a RMB and have in sent via post to it. Now for those who don't know an RMB is a Rural Mail Box, so you will have to buddy up with someone in the country and go for it.

Like all things from OS, don't expect a warranty to be honored out side the country of purchase

Good luck

Pete
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty The so called business men entrepreneur rip-offs exporting to Sudan

Post  24kt Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 am

[quote="fencejumper"][quote="24kt"][quote="fencejumper"][quote="24kt"]

not sure how much clearer i could of been, but here goes

you stated= Remember the Sudanese people could of imported these detectors ( NEW ) from the USA at a normal price LOL.

not true as no dealers had 4500's and if they did they could not just import them through legal channels

and as for my nickname.....why not

Hi fencejumper , seems my post was taken out of context partly me to blame as I was not model specific nor a date/time specific my apologies. I didn't mention anything about a particular model minelab GPX, " find out the true cost of these GPX's I'm more than sure they will not be happy campers " and special not the 4500 so there are other GPX' units that are available to purchase nor which manner they acquire them into their country. You claim by your own admission your GPX4500 made its way into their country for a handsome return far more than what you would of received here in Australia as a SECOND-HAND UNIT.

Have I made myself clear LOL. Try and sell the Sudanese people a minelab GPX any series detector now lets see what happens. Sudanese people have caught onto over inflated price and the so called business men entrepreneur rip-offs exporting to Sudan in what ever manner they accomplished the business exploits.

cheers

PS : One quick question, Why have you chosen the nickname " fencejumper " and what is it's significance meaning to you ?
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 am

Lots of similarities in 24kt's grammar and dougie's. Hmmmmmm. I wonder.
Very insistant about you nic FJ and what about LOL?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 am

Goldnomad wrote:Lots of similarities in 24kt's grammar and dougie's. Hmmmmmm. I wonder.

Robert

i agree totaly.......i think it has something to do with me upsetting him on the other forum Very Happy
(i'm now restricted with the threat of banishment) cheers

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty Dougie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougie - paranoia setting in guys LOL.

Post  24kt Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am

fencejumper wrote:
Goldnomad wrote:Lots of similarities in 24kt's grammar and dougie's. Hmmmmmm. I wonder.

Robert

i agree totaly.......i think it has something to do with me upsetting him on the other forum Very Happy
(i'm now restricted with the threat of banishment) cheers

PMSFL fencejumper and Goldnomad, fencejumper mistaken identity have no idea who " dougie's" is !!!!??? ANOTHER FORUM ??? seems facts are lacking here now LOL. What forum are we referring to that you upset me ???

Goldnomad I have some 25yrs to catch up to you to perfect my " grammar and dougie's" ?? paranoia setting in guys LOL.

Dougie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougie

Cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ??????????????????????????????????????????)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 am

Robert,..sit down and take an Aspro mate..you're starting to see a Dougie Dog Doo behind every door I'm worried for you....that moron really gets up your nose doesnt he?.....24Kt wont mind me calling Dougie a complete moron cos they are not the same person are they... and he will never Finders the forum you're talking about ..will he Question clown bounce Evil or Very Mad Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty search results - " Goldnomad gold forums " and " fencejumper gold forums "

Post  24kt Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm

larry303 wrote:Robert,..sit down and take an Aspro mate..you're starting to see a Dougie Dog Doo behind every door I'm worried for you....that moron really gets up your nose doesnt he?.....24Kt wont mind me calling Dougie a complete moron cos they are not the same person are they... and he will never Finders the forum you're talking about ..will he Question clown bounce Evil or Very Mad Hoo Roo

PMSFL larry303 , very backhand remark but i will remain natural on this issue you guys have. The name calling is a form of cyber-bulling and very childish behaviour, guys I can assure you this is definitely mistaken identity and what every issues you have with dougie keep it with dougie and let the guy have a chance to defend himself who ever he is.

Amazing Yahoo and Google search engines LOL , search results - " Goldnomad gold forums " and " fencejumper gold forums "

http://au.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGk3Dl925NMn8BAWIL5gt.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcwOTAwMwRfcgMyBGFvAzAEZnIDeWZwLXQtNTAxBGhvc3RwdmlkAzZzcUNCRW9Ha3lueEtNc1dUVnhCTWdxVmVkdWw2azF1OS5VQURkSHEEbl9ncHMDMARuX3ZwcwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzcnAEcXVlcnkDR29sZG5vbWFkIGdvbGQgZm9ydW1zBHNhbwMxBHZ0ZXN0aWQDQVVDMDAx?p=Goldnomad+gold+forums&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-501&rd=r1
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

24kt wrote:

Amazing Yahoo and Google search engines LOL , search results - " Goldnomad gold forums " and " fencejumper gold forums "

http://au.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGk3Dl925NMn8BAWIL5gt.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcwOTAwMwRfcgMyBGFvAzAEZnIDeWZwLXQtNTAxBGhvc3RwdmlkAzZzcUNCRW9Ha3lueEtNc1dUVnhCTWdxVmVkdWw2azF1OS5VQURkSHEEbl9ncHMDMARuX3ZwcwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzcnAEcXVlcnkDR29sZG5vbWFkIGdvbGQgZm9ydW1zBHNhbwMxBHZ0ZXN0aWQDQVVDMDAx?p=Goldnomad+gold+forums&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-501&rd=r1

yep thats what dougie would have done lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Are we being ripped off here in Australia. Check this out - Page 4 Empty so we don't pollute this thread any further guys.

Post  24kt Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:31 pm

fencejumper wrote:
24kt wrote:

yep thats what dougie would have done lol! lol!

PMSFL fencejumpe you realy crack me up LOL , so you judge a book by its cover !!!!!

Goldnomad , " LOL " is the most common abbreviation used on the net to make this judgement that I'm Dougie cause I use LOL all the time your mistaken LOL LOL LOL I'm just having a laugh guys.

fencejumpe your definitely paranoid, enough said back on the topic , fencejumpe , Goldnomad and larry303 if you feel the need to carry on about this " Dougie " issue continue it in my PM box so we don't pollute this thread any further guys.

Cheers

24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:22 am

Now I'm more convinced than before. Singling out "LOL". Googling goldnomad and Fencejumper. Same spelling mistakes as dug. Demanding we stay on subject.
Pretty bloody suspicious I reckon.

Larry you're correct. I believe him to be a grade A moron.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:55 am

Yawwwwn!

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Pete in WA (Happy with the price paid)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 am

i agree pete, i'm happy with paying $6300 for the 5000
just a bit of the gold found with the 4500
4500 was paid for with gold from the 4000
the 4000 with gold from the 3500 and so on back to the extreme

works out pretty cheap indeed
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:33 am

fencejumper wrote:i agree pete, i'm happy with paying $6300 for the 5000
just a bit of the gold found with the 4500
4500 was paid for with gold from the 4000
the 4000 with gold from the 3500 and so on back to the extreme

works out pretty cheap indeed
cheers

Hi Fencejumper,

Yes, when it is worked out in those terms I woulkd agree. Just like buying a house. The first one pays for most of the second one (if your lucky, it pays for all the house with some left over), but the initial arguement of the thread was why we are paying more for the same thing than elsewhere in the world seeing as the machine is made here.
I agree, you are more likely to find more gold here with the dtector than you would in the USA but am sure there would be an uproar if the price you sold your gold for differed between countries just because there was more of it to find here than overseas.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 am

Boys,I'm a little confused here.Are we still in the "Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum"? for I don't recall ever seeing a "Vendetta" Forum,in place.
Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:55 pm

When you start losing respect for each other. you are the one who loses creditability, not the person you are trying to put down. Look at yourself and call yourself names - this is the way to ruin an interesting topic

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4