Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic?

4 posters

Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm

G'day, Are any other forum members with new GPX5000's going to the next Minelab training day at Talbot Vic on Sunday 20th February?

Back to top Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty Re: Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic?

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

er...sounds like I'm in for some very personal instruction/advice.....I use my 5000 nearly every afternoon here in Heathcote Vic.. however I'm always open to new tips so I'm going along and its free....if I pick up any new useful tips I will advise in due course....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty Re: Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic?

Post  HOBO'S Gold Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Larry, I don't think you'll be going on your own, I went last year and there was a hand full of Victorians there, but most were from interstate. I think Russell Miller will be the trainer, Russell is very Knowledgeable and will help you out with extra tips that will be helpful, Russell is also a tester of new and upcoming detectors, He gave me some tips on settings that I thought I'd never use, and its payed of and found Gold with these settings. Good luck and happy detecting, don't forget to bring a chair. I see that you go detecting in Heathcote that's one of my favorite spots, found most of my gold from there so don't hesitate to pm me if you like to catch up.

Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty Heathcote where ? I ment Larry303 & HOBO'S Gold - Lake Eppalock region

Post  24kt Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 am

[quote]Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic?
larry303 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm

.G'day, Are any other forum members with new GPX5000's going to the next Minelab training day at Talbot Vic on Sunday 20th February?[/quote

Hi Larry303 where about in Heathcote area ? Have you found any? care to share some info! sorry guys of the topic a little.

HOBO'S Gold , your correct Russell Miller will be doing the teaching that weekend at Talbot. and the same questions to you, where about in Heathcote area ? Have you found any? to you

I fish the Lake Eppalock region and some of the area has great potential for detecting. Heading towards easter side of Lake Eppalock seeing all those Box Iron Bark tree forest with zigzagging dirt roads and the soil composition has me very curious. I have the series of Gold Maps for the Heathcote area but haven't yet put a detector down to ground to try.

LOve the look of the area around Killeens Ln ( Mia MIa Daminals Rd ) heading east to Northeastly direction towards Heathcote township.

http://www.exploroz.com/Places/73792/VIC/Lake_Eppalock.aspx

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Eppalock.htm

cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo and additional info - Lake Eppalock - Heathcote region)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:11 am

larry303 wrote:G'day, Are any other forum members with new GPX5000's going to the next Minelab training day at Talbot Vic on Sunday 20th February?
hi there lary yes i'll be there so i guess thats one more going see ya there tom

nugget
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty Training Day

Post  Pj. Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 am

larry303 wrote:G'day, Are any other forum members with new GPX5000's going to the next Minelab training day at Talbot Vic on Sunday 20th February?

Gday larry303,
Where do ya sign up for the training day.
Cheers
Pj.
Pj.
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

G'day PJ, You ring Minelab Australian Adventure Club on Freecall 1800130030 and Nenad Lonic is your contact.Its at Talbot Football Oval..at 9.00 a.m Sunday 20th February.....however they stress for Insurance reasons they cannot accept anyone who has not booked prior to the course.....
Good luck..
See you there Tom/Nugget.
Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pj. Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:34 am

larry303 wrote:G'day PJ, You ring Minelab Australian Adventure Club on Freecall 1800130030 and Nenad Lonic is your contact.Its at Talbot Football Oval..at 9.00 a.m Sunday 20th February.....however they stress for Insurance reasons they cannot accept anyone who has not booked prior to the course.....
Good luck..
See you there Tom/Nugget.
Hoo Roo

Gday Tom,
Thanks for the info. Smile
cheers. Pj.
Pj.
Pj.
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:38 pm

hi
this month's training day for the 5000 at talbot now booked out
next one on 20 th of march

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 am

Does anyone know if the training day tomorrow <Sunday> will still go ahead with all this rain we're having?...You still a starter Tom?.....Thanks.Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 am

good morning yes i'm still going i went for a dry run on monday missed the turn off ended up in bendigo whipstick no luck nealy got lost nice area i'll be going back very soon any takers Question

nugget
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 am

..see you there then mate. Thanks. Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Are any other GPX5000 owners going to the next Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic? Empty GPX5000 owners - Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic ???

Post  24kt Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 am

Hi

How was the " GPX5000 owners - Minelab Training day at Talbot Vic " ?

Rate it out of 10 , 10 being excellent

cheers

PS - anyone find any nuggets ?

Last edited by 24kt on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo correction)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 am

Very worthwhile and I recommend to anyone contemplating going. Russell walks the walk and knows his stuff from a prospectors perspective and so its practical advice rather than technical which is appreciated....great turnout of folk....19 x GPX 5000's there...Minelab are doing great with their new detector....
No nuggets for me but I dug a bloody rusted iron spike at 2' in hard compacted clay, and I wasnt really prepared for hard exercise..but how can you walk away from such a great sound in undisturbed ground <which obviously wasn't!>.....even a QED could have heard it!
Many thanks to Russell for his patience in answering my inane questions, the other great folk who attended, and also Minelab for making it all available...I will go again for a re-fresher..appearantly we're allowed to.very worthwhile. Wink .Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down