Minelab aventure training day at Hill End

Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty Minelab aventure training day at Hill End

Post  Jack0gold on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey all, just done the training day for the 5000 at hill end on Saturday, was a good day out for all and special thanks to the trainer for his patience.
Did manage to pick up a lovely little Quartz/ironstone specimen on the old HillEnd commons. Just goes to show that its still out there.
[img][/img]
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty Re: Minelab aventure training day at Hill End

Post  Birdman on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Cool what was the name of the training, what sort of quartz did you find?

How much did it cost?

Kind Regards

Birdman. Very Happy
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty Re: Minelab aventure training day at Hill End

Post  Jack0gold on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:42 pm

hey Birdman, When you buy a gpx4500 or gpx5000 you get to join the minelab adventure club, they give free training days every so many weeks in many places around the country. The speci i found is mostly iron stone with a little quartz to one side, the gold runs all through it though.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm

You did well to score a piece Jack0gold, well done. Hill End is renowned for its thin gold seams going right through specimens. The Minelab training day instructor at Hill End is Steve Hobbs.

If anyone has purchased a machine and is relatively new to the game i recommend you go on a training day. By its nature the training is basic however you will learn how to work your Minelab and how to swing the coil correctly etc.

The best part is seeing all the other new people with gold fever and getting out in a spot where you can get some gold. Most people seem to stay and detect on for the weekend at HE.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Management

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Well done Jack0Gold,

That's awesome. I'm sure there'll be plenty more. The pic didn't work do you have another pic?

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty Minelab aventure training day at Hill End

Post  Jack0gold on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi Guys, I went on the training day more for the adventure then the training, Ive been swinging detectors for quite a while now, right back to the Whites 6000d. Bought the GP Extreme when it was released and have now jumped from that to the gpx5000. I did get some good info from the day but nothing really new that i hadnt already worked out from the books and JPs dvd. Still it was great to come away with a small speci, it made my day.
When im not detecting, i also have a high banker and pans etc which i do quite well with. The hardest thing is finding the time to get out in the bush and enjoy both the prospecting and the county itself.
jack0gold

Im still trying to work out this uploading of pics.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 pm

is there a web site for the place that runs these training days. i'm keen to do a road trip to Hill End and spend a few days there.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Goldbait, as mentioned when you buy a detector and send off the warranty some time later Minelab should send you an invitation to go on a training day at at one of say three dates at location in your state. You used to ring the number (Minelab) with your membership number and they would confirm your attendance and tell you where to meet. I believe you could enquire about training days in other states if you were heading interstate.

Hill End is a great place to find a few small nuggies even though it is one of the most flogged spots in OZ. The main Hawkins Hill mines are definitely the richest small patch (1/2 mile long ridge) of gold mined anywhere in the world.

You can free camp among the digging and use the camp ground showers...or stay in the camp/van park. Pub, pub meals and shop available. You will always run into a few people detecting up there you can chat to. The old mines , buildings and town give you a good feeling of what the goldrush was all about.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Management

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:10 pm

yeah,. i wouldn't mind heading down that way for a road trip sometime...

i should start a new thread and not hijack this one.. thanks for the info though.. but i own a 2nd and extreme.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  aushunter on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey JackOgold,
Ever tried the following http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com, they have heaps of info etc on highbanking and are a great bunch of people.
Good on the hunt
Cheers
Brad... afro
aushunter
aushunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty where is hill end?

Post  jayvee on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Could someone please tell us where is hill end? thank you.john.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:42 pm

There is one in NSW there is one in QLD and there is one in VIC. There referring to the one in NSW, its northish of Orange south of Mudgee, its and old historic gold field.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5831
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pickman on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 pm

jayvee wrote:Could someone please tell us where is hill end? thank you.john.

Google(and an online map) will give you much more accurate idea of where Hill End is, but basically its about 200km North-West of Sydney, about 4 hours drive. Its pretty well triangled by Bathurst (SE) Orange (SW) and Mudgee (N).
BTW, how can you be a long time contributer to an Aussie gold prospecting forum and not have at least a general idea where Hill End is? lol

Pickman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Minelab aventure training day at Hill End Empty I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

Post  jayvee on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

thank you mr pickman,have done some research and now know where it is.sorry have never been to sth nsw or victoria,only tibooburra,mt browne,and then wa via broken hill,last time (just returned) went to wa via nth qld mt isa then nt on to marblebar and halls creek and cue.next year will go down thru hillend and victoria and then back to wa,if there is enough time,depending on the conditions and GAIN.thanks again john.

Pickman wrote:
jayvee wrote:Could someone please tell us where is hill end? thank you.john.

Google(and an online map) will give you much more accurate idea of where Hill End is, but basically its about 200km North-West of Sydney, about 4 hours drive. Its pretty well triangled by Bathurst (SE) Orange (SW) and Mudgee (N).
BTW, how can you be a long time contributer to an Aussie gold prospecting forum and not have at least a general idea where Hill End is? lol
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down